Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

Originally Posted by Wol
You seem to get terribly worked up by others' opinions: try taking a stress pill and having a nice lie-down. Works for me....
I will leave the laying down to you as i can bare witness it does appear to have a remarkably beneficial effect.As for myself i can dodge the bullets better on my toes and can shoot from the hip with speed and greater accuracy
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Let's cut out the bickering boys and girls.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

robo43 has a spectacular aura aboutrobo43 has a spectacular aura aboutrobo43 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by the troubadour
An even more pertinent question could be something along the lines of How many English racists are flooding into the country importing views that are contary to the policy of this nation?
Here we go again, the Guardianista brigade calling anyone who Questions Illegal immigrationn/Asylum seekers racists, usually when they have lost the argument.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:11 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

True enough, leadership of the Great British Proleteriat has made this country what it is today.Cheers for that lads.
If today's budget was anything to go by the next great flood of "refugees" are likely to be Brown's "children".
Old Apr 25th 2009, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robo43
Here we go again, the Guardianista brigade calling anyone who Questions Illegal immigrationn/Asylum seekers racists, usually when they have lost the argument.
Hardly likely when on the top of the pile of illegal immigrants are white British citizens..and fully agree should be hunted down with the help of the hounds.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
If today's budget was anything to go by the next great flood of "refugees" are likely to be Brown's "children".
Although one feels they may well rough it out before giving up all in the civilised world to take their chances in the colonies,at least wait until after the election at any rate.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 2:52 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Although one feels they may well rough it out before giving up all in the civilised world to take their chances in the colonies,at least wait until after the election at any rate.
For me, the prospect of David Cameron taking over the reins of government is just another incentive to leave.

http://allaboutfrogs.org/stories/boiled.html
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
For me, the prospect of David Cameron taking over the reins of government is just another incentive to leave.

http://allaboutfrogs.org/stories/boiled.html
Incentive enough,indeed.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:51 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off at a tangent, but kind of on topic, so hey ho...The winter volleyball season started yesterday here in SA. My 3 girls all play competitively at junior level so we went down to watch the opening game of our club's senior men's team. Was surprised and pleased to see a new team had joined our club, a group of young Afghani men, who, I was informed were refugees. Personally I think it's wonderful that they have joined our club, an opportunity for different cultures to mix, to make new friends, to respect each other's abilities and to dispel myths and possible prejudice. As a relative newcomer to this country myself, I'm looking forward to meeting these players, to hear what they think of their new home and lifestyle and their journey here and their reasons for coming. Not to judge, just to hear their story.... as so many have previously asked ours. And as I'm a nosey, old bird, I hope they share.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
Slightly off at a tangent, but kind of on topic, so hey ho...The winter volleyball season started yesterday here in SA. My 3 girls all play competitively at junior level so we went down to watch the opening game of our club's senior men's team. Was surprised and pleased to see a new team had joined our club, a group of young Afghani men, who, I was informed were refugees. Personally I think it's wonderful that they have joined our club, an opportunity for different cultures to mix, to make new friends, to respect each other's abilities and to dispel myths and possible prejudice. As a relative newcomer to this country myself, I'm looking forward to meeting these players, to hear what they think of their new home and lifestyle and their journey here and their reasons for coming. Not to judge, just to hear their story.... as so many have previously asked ours. And as I'm a nosey, old bird, I hope they share.
We had a mob of them at a tennis club in the UK, they got kicked out after a month for pestering some of the younger female members
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:24 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catch
We had a mob of them at a tennis club in the UK, they got kicked out after a month for pestering some of the younger female members
You get annoying blokes of all nationalities and as far as volleyball players go, these guys are very much on the short side. The young women at our club are very tall and athletic and could probably whoop their arses if the need arose. Anyhoo, lets put a more positive spin on things and assume these young men will develop a respect for these women inspired by their sporting abilities and achievement.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

Sport is definitely one of the best ways of fast-tracking people into a new social and cultural environment. I hope it goes well, and who know one of your daughters may fall in love with one of these guys and marry into their faith. Australia is certainly renowned for having one of the highest rates of inter-marriage between locals and newly arrived immigrants. I think that the key is certainly managing the volume of new arrivals, and ensuring that all the systems are in place to rapidly integrate them into their new homes. Hopefully if these young gentlemen are successful in the vollyball, they will report back and their sisters will be along shortly with a girls team.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:11 am
locked in the attic

Originally Posted by UncleKev
Sport is definitely one of the best ways of fast-tracking people into a new social and cultural environment. I hope it goes well, and who know one of your daughters may fall in love with one of these guys and marry into their faith. Australia is certainly renowned for having one of the highest rates of inter-marriage between locals and newly arrived immigrants. I think that the key is certainly managing the volume of new arrivals, and ensuring that all the systems are in place to rapidly integrate them into their new homes. Hopefully if these young gentlemen are successful in the vollyball, they will report back and their sisters will be along shortly with a girls team.
Interesting you should mention a girl's team. I asked the club president if that was a possibility and he said they weren't allowed to play sport because the modesty of their religion and dress code make it impractical. I didn't believe this to be strictly true as I remember seeing on the TV, relatively recently, a muslim female athlete competing on the track with head, arms and legs covered (she might have been Iranian). Although I am aware that ideally an all female environment, competitor, official and spectator is the only option for many muslim women.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Catch
Somehow, a lot of Asian men seem have been brainwashed into thinking that Western women are "cheap". A sad cultural misunderstanding really because when these people get given the boot they wrongly intepret it as racist behaviour. ...And the spiral goes on from there. Maybe all immigrants should be required to pass local culture tests for the country that they intend to settle in BEFORE stepping foot in the country - A cultural IELTS.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:55 am
Banned

Zuma is claiming to wanting to form an all inclusive with including all races having representating including of course the Afrikanners.
I to have real concerns about this and the fact the situation would require a near massacre of the remaining white tribe along with the mixed race (coloureds} and Indians before any nation would open their doors to the non UK passport holders.
Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I am just confused
Taking about Confusion, I wonder which of Zuma's wives will become First Lady?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.