Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

lastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant future
Default What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

Was at the Royal Perth today for work and got caught up in that media circus when the Afghanis were broought in by ambulance.

The place was unbelievable, packed out with TV and radio crews. I mean, is it THAT newsworthy.
Watched laughing as the scumbug reprters preened themselves for TV and laughed even more when the hospital stafff put up big screens around the ambulances so that no-one could see.

When I wasw stood at the main entrance a bloke sauntered over and aked what the fuss was a bout!! We haven't got a TV yet and I knew. He then proceeded to tell me that they should just have thrown them overboard!!!
He went a bit quiet when I asked if he would like that done to him if he was in their predicament

Then got in the car to listen to several 'people' ask where the money was coming from to treat them and that they shouldn't even be treated here!!

Fair enough question the immigration issues, but these are badly burned people. Treat them for gods sake, then let DIMA deal with the rest.

I have to say that today some of my fellow human beings truly shocked me.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...37-948,00.html

Glad to see some people have left decent comments.

Last edited by lastone; Apr 17th 2009 at 8:39 am.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

Originally Posted by lastone
Was at the Royal Perth today for work and got caught up in that media circus when the Afghanis were broought in by ambulance.

The place was unbelievable, packed out with TV and radio crews. I mean, is it THAT newsworthy.
Watched laughing as the scumbug reprters preened themselves for TV and laughed even more when the hospital stafff put up big screens around the ambulances so that no-one could see.

When I wasw stood at the main entrance a bloke sauntered over and aked what the fuss was a bout!! We haven't got a TV yet and I knew. He then proceeded to tell me that they should just have thrown them overboard!!!
He went a bit quiet when I asked if he would like that done to him if he was in their predicament

Then got in the car to listen to several 'people' ask where the money was coming from to treat them and that they shouldn't even be treated here!!

Fair enough question the immigration issues, but these are badly burned people. Treat them for gods sake, then let DIMA deal with the rest.

Well, they will be treated, thats a given. Just dont expect people to like it. Im still waiting for the facts on this story.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

lastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Well, they will be treated, thats a given. Just dont expect people to like it. Im still waiting for the facts on this story.
Like what? Stopping someone else from dying? Are you serious?

So what if a bit of money is spent on keeping them alive.

I can't see what more facts you could want to stop someone else from dying.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Like what? Stopping someone else from dying? Are you serious?

So what if a bit of money is spent on keeping them alive.

I can't see what more facts you could want to stop someone else from dying.
No ones gonna stop them from being treated. Medical health proffesionals take an oath to treat all people but as far as the greater Aussie public go, theres a lot more to the story.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Twiglets is on a distinguished road

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...37-948,00.html

Glad to see some people have left decent comments.
Sorry to say, but this is WA - one of the most insular and racist places around. Maybe some of these 'onlookers' were the same people who left the UK because it was 'full of immigrants'.

It's a sad and shameful world that we live in sometimes. I work in a hospital in Perth and am shocked daily by the ignorance of both staff and patients. :curse:
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twiglets
Sorry to say, but this is WA - one of the most insular and racist places around. Maybe some of these 'onlookers' were the same people who left the UK because it was 'full of immigrants'.

It's a sad and shameful world that we live in sometimes. I work in a hospital in Perth and am shocked daily by the ignorance of both staff and patients. :curse:
Yep, I'd agree with that.

He was an Aussie though.

Which hospital do you work in?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:00 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

People are idiots the world over. It's just that you tend to see a lot of them together when cases like this arise.

It will be interesting to learn the cause of the explosion and subsquent fire. Until then, it should be a case of "humanity first; questions later".
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:05 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
People are idiots the world over. It's just that you tend to see a lot of them together when cases like this arise.

It will be interesting to learn the cause of the explosion and subsquent fire. Until then, it should be a case of "humanity first; questions later".
I heard on the radio that some of the refugees poured petrol on the boat and set fire to it.

I agree with you Vash that there are idiots all over the world. As for racism? I have seen very little of it here.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:12 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely treat first, questions later. Someone (can't remember who??) said that you can judge a society by looking in its prisons- same could be said for how we treat anyone in need I think. It doesn't matter who they are or where they were headed or what they were doing- they're in need of help and Australia is in a position to help. All the rest is politically motivated crap and a basic sense of humanity should prevail over politics, imo.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:12 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
As for racism? I have seen very little of it here.
Where do you live? That's where I'm headed ....
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Where do you live? That's where I'm headed ....
Perth. Northern suburbs. Work: WA public hospitals.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:27 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: What has happened to humanity - Afghan Refugees, Perth?

I heard on the radio that some of the refugees poured petrol on the boat and set fire to it.
Good grief!

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Nobody wants a repeat of the "children overboard" fiasco.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Good grief!

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Nobody wants a repeat of the "children overboard" fiasco.
As far as I know its still under debate as to how the boat actually caught fire, but there is a real possiblity that yes, it could have been sabotage.
We were put on standby by the federal govt to help fly some of the injured to burns units, and it was definitely a case of treating the injured first, ask questions later.
I'm with you Vash, we don't need a repeat of all the rumours that abounded then.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:44 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As far as I know its still under debate as to how the boat actually caught fire, but there is a real possiblity that yes, it could have been sabotage.
We were put on standby by the federal govt to help fly some of the injured to burns units, and it was definitely a case of treating the injured first, ask questions later.
I'm with you Vash, we don't need a repeat of all the rumours that abounded then.
Agreed. Treat the victims first; ask questions later. No matter who they are or where they came from people need to remember that they were only trying to come to Australia to give themselves and their families a better life. No matter how the explosion happened it's tragic.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:16 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. Treat the victims first; ask questions later. No matter who they are or where they came from people need to remember that they were only trying to come to Australia to give themselves and their families a better life. No matter how the explosion happened it's tragic.
people also need to remember that they where trying to get here illegally.They had a choice of many countries far closer,and also far more suited to their culture and religion.They targetted Australia because of the generous benefits on offer.Medical treatment should be given regardless of who they are,after that send them home.A dollar sent to Afghanistan in aid goes a lot further than keeping an aslyum seeker in AUS on benefits.This may seem heartless but it does make sense.Illegal immigration is a worldwide problem,especially in Europe,Usa,and in Aus.Alot of people have the same opinion,but wont air their views in this PC age.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.