Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:30 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

Originally Posted by northernbird
Yes another season starts, off to Subi on Sunday.

And I for one can't wait. Go Eagles!!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
And I for one can't wait. Go Eagles!!
We are a split family which makes games interesting!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:32 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Can't wait!! Did you watch the PROPER football last night?

Jo
The proper football is on tonight, here:

http://www.nufc.com/
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:33 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by northernbird
We are a split family which makes games interesting!

Us too, me and the kids are Eagles, the missus is a Shocker.....
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Us too, me and the kids are Eagles, the missus is a Shocker.....
Is that the game that they call Footie even though you can use your hands and score a point if you miss......

WHATEVER

Jo
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Just continuing the theme of a previous post - and I notice there is a helpfull sites thread near this one, I also came across driving license, sponsers and medicles threads/posts recently!

Now, one big thing I'd say, without wishing to cause offence to Australia's indigenous people who have been there much longer than the UK has been settled, is that the UK has a much longer history, pre-1788 and all that.

For example, last week, in Hawkshead in the Lake District, we had lunch in the 15th century Minstrels Gallery. I'm sitting there all the time thinking, wow, just imagine, people were here more than 300 years before 'Cooky' discovered' the east coast of Australia and nearly 400 years before John Batman announced 'this is the place for a village' (Melbourne). History!

OzTennis
Yeah , thats one thing i will miss , olde england (britain)

i love history ( old stuff )
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

A decent pizza, kebab and a good curry.
I disagree with curry & pizza, i've had some nice ones over there.

But then, everybody's taste is different.

Denise
x
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:28 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poynters
hi just saw you were from chatham kent?, have the misfortune of living in Rochester!, still loads of pubs you wouldnt show your face in, nothing gets any better!, how long u been in Aus.
Howdy poynters,

Yup I grew up on the Chatham/Gillingham border (and you had to grow up FAST!) ... on Chatham Hill to be precise, just up from the Medway hospital ... just up from the pedestrian crossing ... hell, can I be ANY more precise ... OK then, number 154 .. or was it 145? Anyway it's still there

Then I spent some time in Chatham (in Luton) and moved back close to Gillingham Football Club with my then fiancee. We got burgled (big surprise) so we moved near the park, and go burgled again ... and then split up ...

<phew, a lot of personal detail here but bear with me, I'm building to a point>

After a period of instability, drink, drugs and general mayhem I bought a flat in ROCHESTER (see, I told you there was a point) where there then followed another period of drink, drugs and mayhem ... but it was opposite the Police Station so I couldn't be too obvious ...

Anyway, suffice to say I thought Rochester was much preferable to Chatham to drink in but not much ... The City Wall was full of tossers waiting to get into the night club and The Norman Conquest (by the bridge) was full of druggies. Good job my best mates were from Maidstone and there was a better class of yobbo there, plus they let me kip on their sofas ... aaaaanyway ...

So, after another period of instability I sold my flat, quit my job and moved back to Chatham to live with my folks for a few years (supposedly 'taking a year off' but really just avoiding work) until 3 years ago I met my Australian wife while travelling around Europe with what little I had left of my funds ... OK, make that The Bank's funds.

Anyway, now here I am with a newish wife, a new mortgage and a 2 year old daughter.

Just about sums it up for me

Funnily enough I met someone from Chatham canvassing for a Cancer charity in Brisbane CBD yesterday and she confirmed the place was still a dump and her sister couldn't wait to get out ... she was living in Lordswood though ... ouch ...

It remains obvious that my best advice to you is ... "LEAVE!".

Cheers,
Matt
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:31 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tonynhayley
Started this thread cos I am interested in finding out what the UK has that Oz doesn't.
Al-qaeda
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough

pre packed sandwiches
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:53 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsMangle
pre packed sandwiches
You serious?

I mean even if Oz didn't, which it does, then just get yerself organised with some GladWrap Mrs!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 6:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Al-qaeda
Don't be daft, who told you that. The buggers are everywhere
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 6:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
You serious?

I mean even if Oz didn't, which it does, then just get yerself organised with some GladWrap Mrs!
can you believe it, prepacked sandwichs and ready prepared chuck in the oven shite. lazy buggars all of you.