West Sussex

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

wife from Haywadrs Heath - very nice spot - great access to London on the fast train too.

Also used to play Sunday morning footie for Lindfield.

M-I-L actually still works in Crawley.

I quite like Sussex, but its sooo expensive to live there now.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichS
wife from Haywadrs Heath - very nice spot
All my kids were born in Haywards Heath, it is a nice town isn't it?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: West Sussex

Originally posted by kala
I could do either with the long summer eve's (lookin out the window that doesn't sound too real) it should be fine.

How about you Lucy,olibenili, jaycat

Kala
I could do an evening on my own....need a bit of notice but probably prefer a weekend afternoon.

Not that fussy really and I suspect that my wife may be hard to convince to come out and meet people that she has never met before.......

Still..........be good to share our Oz expectations and anything else we have learned about life in Oz.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Olibeneli
I could do an evening on my own....need a bit of notice but probably prefer a weekend afternoon.

Not that fussy really and I suspect that my wife may be hard to convince to come out and meet people that she has never met before.......

Still..........be good to share our Oz expectations and anything else we have learned about life in Oz.
Tell your wife not to worry; when I think back to our first Brighton meet in May 2003, I think most of us were a bit apprehensive. However, we had a great time, and some really good friendships wtarted that day. which have continued over here. After all, everyone has one common interest, that helps to break the ice.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by melaniee
What's it like around littlehampton way-we were thinking of moving to that area. Can anyone offer any advice?
There's a pebbly beach. Quite a few half way houses. Then near by is Rustington and Bognor with wall to wall bungalows. Lots of Londoners retire down to that coast, then forget why they've come there. Commuting by train to London is to be experienced.

If the world's your oyster, Littlehampton would be near the bottom of the list.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:28 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree...Littlehampton or LA as the locals jokingly refer to it is the armpit of Sussex. We moved down to Wick just outside LA from Horsham. We quickly realised our mistake and were on the market within the year! ITS VILE!
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

mmmm!-seems that we should re-consider that area then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other nice areas around sussex/kent by the coast that anyone could recommend?!

Originally posted by lucyb
I agree...Littlehampton or LA as the locals jokingly refer to it is the armpit of Sussex. We moved down to Wick just outside LA from Horsham. We quickly realised our mistake and were on the market within the year! ITS VILE!
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Any other nice areas around sussex/kent by the coast that anyone could recommend?!

BE Forum Addict

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sorry-not sure why it posted 3 times !!

Originally posted by melaniee

Old Jun 24th 2004, 9:52 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Get together?

You are probably sick to death of meeting other poms, but if you fancy getting together for a drink, let us know. The surf clubs are great to eat in arent they. Have you tried the Currumbin RSL down by the river. The food is really good and its more of a restaurant than Burleigh. Wot school do your kids attend. Two of ours are at varsity college. Really enjoying it. Our home phone number is 5575 8665 if you want to arrange a meet. regards Louisa and Rob
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
Cool the numbers are rising.

I don't know horsham too well so don't know where is good for a few drinks and kids.

A Saturday or Sunday afternoon would prob be good,

Can anyone think of anywhere In Horsham that would be good. Otherwise maybe Tilgate Park in crawley, has a nice seating area outside the pub and a park for the kids, lake etc? I even have a couple of kids who live next door to me who I could borrow to keep yours company.

Any more takers or ideas on dates/locations?

If we can get a date and location agreed I'l put a new thread out for it.
Kala
I am sure I saw a thread started for a west sussex meet at Tilgate in July......where has it gone ?

Met the wife for lunch.........she seems cool to the idea of meeting complete strangers who also want to leave Blairs Britain.

anyone seen that thread ?>
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:48 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thread duly found and bumped to the top, Olibeneli. Would like to join you, but bit of a trip!!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:53 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Obeneli,

The thread is called Sussex Meet July 10th

Sorry I don't know how to link the thread, but if you tell me I'd be more than happy to learn!

Sunchaser
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:04 pm
Home and Happy

Hi Sunchaser,

The easiest way is to copy & paste the address of the thread, and just post it within your reply.
So I went to the thread, copied the address from the top line of the browser, then pasted it here......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=238026

Click on it, and hopefully it will take you to the other thread

(Thats not a very clear explanation I'm afraid, I'm sure someone will do better!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.