West Sussex

Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:50 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I can recall a pub that had a glass floor in it....yikes !!

ohhh takes me back now...!!!
yeah about 8x4 foot bit of glass flooring with about 100 blokes squeezed undere it looking up hoping to get a glimps of some girls knickers

Just about sums Crawley up really.

but as much as it isn't the best place in the world i've been to worse
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:54 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Pants,

We have loved living in the Horsham area for a few years now and I can honestly recommend it to anyone thinking of moving to the UK. It's relatively close to beaches, Gatwick, Heathrow and London yet you're still living in the country and it feels very rural.
Southwater has a slightly more developed feel compared to Maplehurst and Slinfold but it doesn't take long before you're back into the heart of countryside again. As for schools, sorry I have no idea as we don't have children.

Hope all goes well for you on your return.
Sun Chaser
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:39 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

thanks sunchaser...don't suppose you have a 4 bedda for sale then !!!

Certainly looking for a village..if possible !!

Good luck with move to Perth !

P
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:45 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pants
thanks sunchaser...don't suppose you have a 4 bedda for sale then !!!

Certainly looking for a village..if possible !!

Good luck with move to Perth !

P
Just as a note the villages between crawley and horsham such as rusper and Ifield wood etc have planes flying over every 2 mins. Its also the same out towards copthorne areas so you might want to avoid them.

Cheers
Kala
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:55 pm

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Pants,

Unfortunately no, we're in the final stages of moving over so are currently renting and will be moving out at the end of July.

Sun Chaser
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:01 pm

Oh yes, I meant to say good luck with the house hunting! Will you be renting first?

Kala has a good point there about the planes. We also have a few flying over where we live but it's not that bad as we must be on the outer edge of the flying route. Summer months there are more planes due to everyone going on summer holidays.

Happy house hunting!
Sun Chaser
Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pants
Hi Yve

Sorry for busting in on this thread but I am moving back to the Uk this year ( been in oz 21/2 yrs now) and are looking at Southwater as a possible place to settle back to. I came from Surrey but just can't afford to go back there now unless I want a shed in someones back yard !!!

Also looking at Heathfield in East Sussex....

anything good to hear would be most welcome !!pleaseeeee....

Pants
Used to live in Worthing. It's even sunnier here in Perth, but I do miss the seaweed. Commuting by train to London is not that funny.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:06 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Near Storrington - house under offer at the moment and hope to be out by August...
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Near Storrington - house under offer at the moment and hope to be out by August...
Hi everybody

We too are in West Sussex near Storrington about 10 miles from Horsham and 10 miles from Worthing. The house has just gone under offer and then we will be off to Perth.

Lived in Crawley before that and still occasionally frequent the Jah Jah bar for a girlie night out. Have friends in Burgess Hill/Crawley/Horsham etc

Pants - there are some very nice villages around where I am - not that cheap but 15 mins from the sea, 30 mins to Brighton, Crawley/Gatwick etc. Southwater is quite nice, nice country park there. If you need anything specifically let me know, but I would definitely recommend West Sussex.

Hi to all of the rest of you in Sussex and good luck with each of your migrations wherever you are headed.

Sam
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kala
Just as a note the villages between crawley and horsham such as rusper and Ifield wood etc have planes flying over every 2 mins. Its also the same out towards copthorne areas so you might want to avoid them.

Cheers
Kala
I live in Ifield Wood and I can certainly vouch for the aircraft noise, its not so bad except in the summer when you have your windows open in the hot evenings and the airport is working overtime for the holidays.

I have bought a house in Australia (Woodford) two weeks ago, just hoping my place sells quite soon.

Phil.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Sorry to butt in here but are any of you friends with Nicky (i won't post surname) who lives in Colgate, Horsham. You'll know she is cos she recommended this site to you. If so PM me.

Lindsey
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:05 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Everyone for your advice..oh yes the planes...I had forgotten that one too.!!
I lived in Caterham and Coulsdon before I came here so I know these names you are saying but just need to go have a looksy when I get back.!!

Will be renting first so at least it gives us time to check out all these areas and schools etc....

Good luck to you all planning your moves out here.

Thanks again

P
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Used to live in Brighton, can honestly say I don;t miss the predatory seagulls, congested traffic, unemptied dustbins, London-level of prices but not the same in wages, stony beach, general decay, wreck of a pier, or anything else about the place! Funnily enough though when I tell people here I come from Brighton they are all madly jealous, and everyone thinks it must be a wonderful place to live!

Storrington, now thats nice, useful turning point when flying to Shoreham too ( ). Best mate lives in Worthing and thats not so bad either, better than its lareger neigjbour!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:44 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Default Re: West Sussex

Originally posted by lucyb
Is there anyone who is Oz bound, especially Brisbane living in West Sussex? Just curious really!!!!

Lucy
Hi Lucy,

Looks like there are a few of us!!

does anyone in the surrounding area fancy getting together for a bevvy or 2. Something like the pompy meet Larrissa arrranges?

Anyway let me know if any of you are and I'l arrange something

Cheers
Kala
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:52 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: West Sussex

Originally posted by kala
Hi Lucy,

Looks like there are a few of us!!

does anyone in the surrounding area fancy getting together for a bevvy or 2. Something like the pompy meet Larrissa arrranges?

Anyway let me know if any of you are and I'l arrange something

Cheers
Kala

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrange something...how bout Horhsam as it is easy for all of us!

xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.