Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wessies in perth

wessies in perth

Old Oct 16th 2003, 9:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
Ummm..i got shouted at in a car park in Lynn Mall West Auckland...by a middle aged man who should know better.

I deserved this treatment because i had a sour look on my face because he parked so close to my car we couldnt open the doors... no..i wasnt rude..i just asked if he would mind moving the car so we could get in.

Another incident was when i sat at a pavement cafe, saw a friend across the road and called to her to come over and share a coffee... this sent two young hoons walking past into a zenophobic frenzy...

sad huh??

thats why i find it so sad that us Brits waste so much time in here bickering amongst each other
I went to lynn mall the other month. It was raining so the hoons could not hear me. Never got any pommie abuse but I was only there for 4 days. I have had piss taking here but only as Aussies take the piss out of each other.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bondipom
I went to lynn mall the other month. It was raining so the hoons could not hear me. Never got any pommie abuse but I was only there for 4 days. I have had piss taking here but only as Aussies take the piss out of each other.
Shame i didnt know you then BP..you could have popped in for a coffee!!!

Please dont get me wrong, this type of behaviour is certainly not an everyday occurance. But please be aware that it does exist.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 9:16 am
WBB

Originally posted by downunderpom

I remember when I was living in Mount Isa (NW Qld) and there was one of these 'why don't you Pommy bastards bugger off back to England' types mouthing off in the RSL club. After about ten minutes of this, an Aborigine guy (ex-serviceman) turned to him and said 'Ah, shut up! Your chains are rattling!'

i had a run in with a gobby lout in a place called mt carbine (n qld)
he was giving it the old pommie this and pommie that, he was a complete asshole.

this place is a bit out in the sticks and i think what peteY said is correct, the further out from the city you go the worse it gets.

Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, thank you for all the posts, me and the woods were a tad tiddled when we wrote the post and feeling a bit arsed off over everything. Since the post both hubbies have secured a permanent job and they start Monday morning - so alls well and ends well. Glad we posted it though as we got some good reactions

The job he leaves today - he works with 6 guys - 3 kiwis, 2 south africans and one french not one aussie!!! Cool eh!!!

Anyway hope you guys are doing well in Perth or wherever you are...... we'll have to arrange a huge get together at whoever has the biggest house/garden!!! Let me know what you think.........

Janexxxxxx
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: wessies in perth

Originally posted by thewoods
anyway they told him to fu** off back to england - so be prepared!!

good luck in the process
Are you sure that was meant in a nasty way? We have a pom, I mean English person in work with us .. and he gets ribbed all the time, but in a joking manner. I've never really come across any real racism towards Brits here only ribbing.

Anyway good luck and the trick is to give as good back as mentioned above .. He should have said "why should I go back, I see you never did". Or "I'll go back to England when you do" Makes you laugh doesn't it considering they are all immigrants, either them or their ancestors

P.s welshboy.. if they call you a Pom.. call them a kiwi. That always works. Can't say I've been called a pom much here, on the very rare occasion I have been.. I just say if I'm a Pom , you are a kiwi.. usually shuts them up.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:12 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wessies in perth

"why should I go back, I see you never did". Or "I'll go back to England when you do"

LOL - will definetely remember those if the occassion arises!