Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WANTED - a worthwhile wanted down under prog to watch

WANTED - a worthwhile wanted down under prog to watch

Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

OZERJON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WANTED - a worthwhile wanted down under prog to watch

hi there just to let you know if didn't already there a new series of wanted downunder revisited. if you have a sky box go on the planner and keep +24hrs till you get to the 02/02. hope this might be better than the rubbish they showed so far.

cheers
john
Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:52 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickersc
Has anybody considered that what we are getting now is balanced view rather than the 'isn't Australia great' bias of previous series?
sounds pheasable, would certainly save a lot of people a lot of money, can you believe some actually emigrate on the strength of these programmes
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh god I certainly hope people don't emigrate on the basis of that program.

LOL
er ok
If people were getting a balanced view of emigrating to Australia I think it would be a good program to watch, lets face it it's not all a yellow brick road and rose petals the other end - I can vouch for that.
But to give a balanced view I think there need to be more choices for the people taking part, if you're seriously looking into moving anywhere be it an hour down the road or 10,000 miles away, you look into all the areas to live, you look at realestate websites and see where you can and can't afford to live, unless you have an offer of a job you look at job websites to find out where you can get work and you look into EVERYTHING.
That in my opinion is a balanced view.

Ok so it's a program but there are 3 companies that offer these ppl a job - I think all 3 should be investigated and so should all 3 of the areas to live...
I think they should let them pick at least 3 houses for themselves, i'd never have someone else pick houses for me to view - not even my best friend or mum.

I am looking forward to seeing the revisited episodes next week....
will be interesting to see what the families are doing now, whether they went, whether they researched more than the BBC did (not that that would be difficult).

Roll on next week eh
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:13 pm
DCS
Forum Regular

DCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really nice

right ive watched every episode now and its a fact. the program is a pile of do do!!

no seriously Thursday 29th took the biscuit! she had no intention of moving over AT ALL!! her poor children are doomed to a life living next door to there mum and dad and to be made to feel awful if they ever try to fly the cop!

all this program is good for is a holiday for the contestants ( thats what they seem like) its like X Factor for migration!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DCS
right ive watched every episode now and its a fact. the program is a pile of do do!!

no seriously Thursday 29th took the biscuit! she had no intention of moving over AT ALL!! her poor children are doomed to a life living next door to there mum and dad and to be made to feel awful if they ever try to fly the cop!

all this program is good for is a holiday for the contestants ( thats what they seem like) its like X Factor for migration!
I agree with you about Thursday's episode. It must be hard to think about life on the other side of the world if you have never left your own country though! The husband really tried to see the best of everything he was shown, but as usual, the houses were all well over budget for them. Can't understand what the BBC is thinking this season - and really, why is Nikki there at all? She only seems to provide the links, not actually meeting with the families, so it would appear to be a good freebie for her!! (Can I have her job next series please?!!)

Even though I think like this, have still watched it all, (for the scenery you understand!) Lou x
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:20 pm
DCS
Forum Regular

DCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Aussie4me
I agree with you about Thursday's episode. It must be hard to think about life on the other side of the world if you have never left your own country though! The husband really tried to see the best of everything he was shown, but as usual, the houses were all well over budget for them. Can't understand what the BBC is thinking this season - and really, why is Nikki there at all? She only seems to provide the links, not actually meeting with the families, so it would appear to be a good freebie for her!! (Can I have her job next series please?!!)

Even though I think like this, have still watched it all, (for the scenery you understand!) Lou x
your right husband was trying to flog a dead horse! (not meaning to be rude to the wife at all)

I didn't watch the 1st series but heard it was good. I remember a program called 'New life down under' that really was good!!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:41 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Why on earth do "they" choose the lifestyle option for these families? They dont (appear) to get a say in the matter!? The poor people who lived in the Scottish wilderness (and love it) ..... what lifestyle option do they choose? .... you've guessed it ... a pokey little apartment in the City! Gah!

I think the next two weeks is "Wanted Down Under - Revisited" ! WTF!? I've been turning this pile of drivel on every morning and we've not even had a sniff of Perth!?

Total waste of time IMHO - from now on I'll be clipping my toenails or something equally as rivetting!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:23 pm
DCS
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Perthfect
Why on earth do "they" choose the lifestyle option for these families? They dont (appear) to get a say in the matter!? The poor people who lived in the Scottish wilderness (and love it) ..... what lifestyle option do they choose? .... you've guessed it ... a pokey little apartment in the City! Gah!

I think the next two weeks is "Wanted Down Under - Revisited" ! WTF!? I've been turning this pile of drivel on every morning and we've not even had a sniff of Perth!?

Total waste of time IMHO - from now on I'll be clipping my toenails or something equally as rivetting!
lol there are soooo many of us moaning about this same thing!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DCS
lol there are soooo many of us moaning about this same thing!
Anyone got a videocam? We should make our own prog and sell it to the BBC!
"Expats Down Under- the Untold Story..."
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

hi all
we have also watched all the show this time and its been the shitest we have ever seen and yes we said that thursday she made her mind up before she left the UK Well if all you have to do is smile and look like you really want to move over to get a free holiday think we will apply need to valiadate our visa so ill get them to pay for us

hope next weeks as some perth on it as thats where we are looking at

carlz
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Hang in there - Wanted Down Under Revisited is usually better than the normal Wanted Down Under. They did a Revisited series last year and it was worth watching. (Apart from the episodes where the family hadn't actually made it to Oz in the end and were still in the UK - trying to spin a 45 minute programme out of that was hard!)
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:18 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Wow, I'm really going to have to track down this show now!!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SNH
Wow, I'm really going to have to track down this show now!!
seriously????

I haven't watched them all, last time it was on some lovely guy on here recorded them for me and posted them to me for nothing - bless his heart. Still got them all on disk.

This time cause I saw they were covering our second home-away from home - Melbourne we have tried to watch all the Melbourne and Sydney ones, aswell as a few others and hubby wanted to watch the Tassy one as he has family there.

Lets hope the Revisted isn't as big a load of dog **** as this series of wanted down under has been and it's actually worthwhile watching lol Jury is out on that for now.
Out of the mouth of my 10yr old - home and away gives you a better look at what Aussie life is like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An that is saying something lol

Maybe we should write to the BBC and offer to help them make a decent program lol and actually give the 'contestants' a chance without wasting thousands of pounds !!!

I do think they should find people whose intentions are to go over anyway and whether they have a job to go to or not chart they're progress over 6 months or so ??? The ups and downs etc from UK to Oz in different corners of Oz, Queensland, NSW, Victoria, Western Australia, Northern Territory, NZ and Tasmania.
It would show what companies they use to get over to Oz, they're experience with those companies, problems renting or buying over there, getting a car(s), jobs etc, settling kids into schools, shopping, commuting, how the lifestyle lives up to their expectations etc etc.
They could run it as a decent series and I think that would help prospective families who are considering emigrating or would just make much better daytime tv viewing, most daytime tv is shite anyway and involves loads of re-runs of shows from the last several years, so they having nothing to loose in my opinion lol.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree that the show could be so much more than it actually is. Realistically how many of us who go actually buy straight away? I'd imagine the vast majority rent for a while so it would be good to get a bit of advice on that as well as cars, schools, insurance, medical stuff, banking etc.

They should also be more specific on visas too. I posted a couple of weeks back about a family going out on a temporary visa and he had a very random job. I think they need to explain how people are getting there - even if it is on a student visa like us.

I am pretty sure that this series that has just finished would only be a 30 minute show given they repeat bits you have just watched, the dreaded relatives on video bit and Nikki narrating from the beach (all pointless in my opinion).

Surely it would be more informative if they actually filmed a family making the move and watching them through everything from start to finish?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:12 pm
DCS
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I totally agree that the show could be so much more than it actually is. Realistically how many of us who go actually buy straight away? I'd imagine the vast majority rent for a while so it would be good to get a bit of advice on that as well as cars, schools, insurance, medical stuff, banking etc.

They should also be more specific on visas too. I posted a couple of weeks back about a family going out on a temporary visa and he had a very random job. I think they need to explain how people are getting there - even if it is on a student visa like us.

I am pretty sure that this series that has just finished would only be a 30 minute show given they repeat bits you have just watched, the dreaded relatives on video bit and Nikki narrating from the beach (all pointless in my opinion).

Surely it would be more informative if they actually filmed a family making the move and watching them through everything from start to finish?
this is what the program i spoke about 'new life down under' did i wish i could get that series on dvd/video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.