Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

WOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Interest rates have just dropped again, the base rate here is now 3.25% and the mortgage rates vary quite a bit we're now paying 5.21% on a variable mortgage which was the best one when we got ours I think there are some good fixed deals around for about 4.99% I think. Try www.westpac.com.au they have their rates on their website and are very competitive.

Gosh that was good timing then. Makes houses look slightly more affordable over there We were resigning ourselvs to perhaps having to have a UK mortgage on an Aussie property if we ever make the move (and if this is possible...? ).

On the subject of WDU - Revisited, I'm impressed that everyone can remember all the different families - I can just about remember yesterday's (the couple from Crawley). I have to say, I'm finding the 'Revisited' series a lot less annoying and a lot more enjoyable, probably because we get to see how people have actually made a go of things / followed their dreams (be it staying in the UK or emigrating), despite the 'constructive' editing by the producers. It's sad that everyone seems to have fallen prey to the UK credit crunch (not being able to sell houses / losing equity when they sell, etc.) but reassuring that they've not let it stop them pursuing 'the better life'.

Wombat Girl
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
Hi everyone on BE just a quick update 4 you all. 1st of all thanks once again for the kind words on here about the show it’s very warming. I know I don't right on here much but I never miss a single post.
We are so happy with the way the revisited show came out and so pleased the BBC came back the 3rd time to show you all our final story & getting to meet Nicki Chapman was just a bonus (she was a very lovely lady)
Yes we moved to Perth, yes the kids are settled at school and with their surroundings. The main reason for the move was for the kids. I had a dream that I could give them both a better start in life and all my dreams have all come true. They are out playing every day AND I MEAN EVERY DAY. They have just had 8 weeks summer holiday off. Out of those 8 weeks not once did they stay in because it was raining or too cold. We go out every weekend as a family & the kids choose where we go. They are never stuck for ideas. We have been to some beautiful places and I was lucky enough to be able to swim in coral with all the most amazing tropical fish with my kids. That experience itself has made everything worth while.
We are living the dream.
We have been blessed with our neighbours and have never looked back.
The latest news is our house in the UK sold yesterday. So we can start plans to build our new home.
If you are going through the visa process I hope our show or these words give you the strength to carry your dream out. Its life changing and not always plane sailing but buy gum its worth it. I still have to pinch myself every day.

Paul Gemma Coby & Jorden Larner
The Larner’s

Hi I'm so glad you were on the update you're definitely the bubbliest family on there! How are you finding Perth are you still liking it? We visited last year and stayed in Clarkson, I found it a bit too quiet for myself (There were no signs of life after dark!).
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WOMBATGIRL
Gosh that was good timing then. Makes houses look slightly more affordable over there We were resigning ourselvs to perhaps having to have a UK mortgage on an Aussie property if we ever make the move (and if this is possible...? ).

On the subject of WDU - Revisited, I'm impressed that everyone can remember all the different families - I can just about remember yesterday's (the couple from Crawley). I have to say, I'm finding the 'Revisited' series a lot less annoying and a lot more enjoyable, probably because we get to see how people have actually made a go of things / followed their dreams (be it staying in the UK or emigrating), despite the 'constructive' editing by the producers. It's sad that everyone seems to have fallen prey to the UK credit crunch (not being able to sell houses / losing equity when they sell, etc.) but reassuring that they've not let it stop them pursuing 'the better life'.

Wombat Girl
A UK lender will not lend on an Australian property.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

WOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant futureWOMBATGIRL has a brilliant future

Really? My brother-in-law reckons his mate emigrated a few years ago and did this. Maybe it's because of the recession and them being stricter now...?

If not we'd just have to get an Aussie mortgage, which doesn't seem so daunting now interest rates have come down a bit. Well, we've got to actually qualify for emigration first (which we don't currently) so I'm probably getting ahead of myself a bit...
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Next week is repeats from the first and second series with Nadia Sawahla hooray!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Thanks for your kind comments guys (with the exception of Wombat girl, shame you can't realise that its a TV programme that has been edited to show a story real or made up!)

We obviously haven't seen the programme yet as we're living in Cairns so we're waiting for our family to send us a copy! Hope it was ok I'm interested to see what angle they went for! At the end of the day they will show what they want to but it was an ideal way for us to show our families and friends what our lives are like here as many of them will never be able to visit.

We have been doing very well Adam has a great job and I actually now have three marine biologist jobs, yes that's right I work! I work three days a week on the boat, two days a week as a researcher at the university and one night a week I present a marine biology show about the Great Barrier Reef and am very happy that the marine bio I met on the first programme got it wrong! I think she was told to say that to make a bit more drama I was even told that they were trying to make me cry!

Oh yeah and we bought our dream home just before Christmas and its even better than the one they showed us on the first show!

SO for those of you about to make the move dreams can come true and I wish you all the luck in the world for us its was sooooo worth it!

yay.....you finally made it.....we did too

we moved over beginning of january and am absolutely loving it.......sounds like things are really going well for you too.....really pleased

three jobs....sounds like you're slightly slacking tho' , you could have at least 4

take care
lisa
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jenny Hughes has a spectacular aura aboutJenny Hughes has a spectacular aura aboutJenny Hughes has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Hi all

Just to update you on our status, Dave passed his Vetassess Competency Skills Test this week so now allows us to move onto the next stage of our visa application.

Watch this space for more updates.

Hope everyone is well.

Jenny x
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jenny Hughes has a spectacular aura aboutJenny Hughes has a spectacular aura aboutJenny Hughes has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Just thought I'd get back in touch to say the news has been good lately, Dave passed his Skills Test and Everton are in the final of the FA Cup!!

Come on the Blues!!!

Hope to get this thread going again!!

Jenny x

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree with you. I liked Jenny and her family, they were down to earth with no airs or graces. Some of the others were so far up themselves it was untrue. Also as I go in my wardrobe and look at my signed Everton shirt I can see another reason why I liked Jenny
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jenny Hughes
Just thought I'd get back in touch to say the news has been good lately, Dave passed his Skills Test and Everton are in the final of the FA Cup!!

Come on the Blues!!!

Jenny x
Wayhay - things don't get any better
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:36 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenny Hughes

Come on the Blues!!!

Jenny x
Well done to Dave and Everton passing theirs as well

Cooler
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Just finished filming our revisited having originally appeared in series 1

Hopefully it will show that we are making a go of it over here and after two years settling in well. The crew left on Monday and on Tuesday i was offered the opportunity of a lifetime, so it can be done and you can live your dream. It's not plain sailing and if one of you gets homesick it can be really difficult, however we have overcome that and are now going from strength to strength.

J

Last edited by aussiedreamer; Aug 12th 2009 at 2:34 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Just finished filming our revisited having originally appeared in series 1

Hopefully it will show that we are making a go of it over here and after two years settling in well. The crew left on Monday and on Tuesday i was offered the opportunity of a lifetime, so it can be done and you can live your dream. It's not plain sailing and if one of you gets homesick it can be really difficult, however we have overcome that and are now going from strength to strength.

J

Brilliant, really happy for you. We fly this Tuesday!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

whereabouts are you heading. Good luck with the flight next week and enjoy your last few days in blighty.

Jane
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

I'm dying to know about your opportunity of a lifetime!

Glad it's all going well for you. Our stuff is just being packed, but we can't get over to Sydney until the end of October (OH work notice period!). We're really excited, but I'm sure some nerves will creep in nearer the time.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tubs

Can't say too much about my opportunity at the moment, but all i can say is you never know over here who your talking to and who they are connected with. It is very much not what you know but who and you really do need to network. You have to take people at face value, the aussies i have met are very unmaterialistic and everyone here looks the same in shorts thongs and sunnies. They don't care what Car you drive, what your house looks like, they care about the person and if your genuine.

Jane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.