Reload this Page >

Wanted down under - bricklayers

Wanted down under - bricklayers

Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

billybaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted down under - bricklayers

Originally Posted by aston man
im a brickie and have just spent a month travelling round perth building sites to see if it was for me...
$300/400 is day rate decent trowells earn double that once you get on a price,$1.5 a brick is the rate now i believe,,averaged 600 bicks a day ,there mostly square bungalows....so??$$$

i would say,your looking at a house $350 upwards dont be fooled your not going to get a lot under 350....

i would say ,but were all different,you will be looking $450/$550 for a nice house in a nice town

and once again perth is just one big building site...

hope this helps.... ast

p.s when i get out there i am going to get meself sorted with the heat.work down the gables in the shade when its hot.get some big conopies to work under,shower on the back of the pickup..etc.etc..

p.s all us brickies should keep in touch,and form a few gangs after we get our foot in the door..its only what we do here???

ast..
All us brickies should keep in touch so we know where the work is when we get there if any of you know of employers that will sponsor qualified brickies from uk give us a shout am desperate to go,especially to get away from this freezin scottish weather for once and all- Billy
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by billybaba
All us brickies should keep in touch so we know where the work is when we get there if any of you know of employers that will sponsor qualified brickies from uk give us a shout am desperate to go,especially to get away from this freezin scottish weather for once and all- Billy

Will do Billy - I'm hoping to be there in July. Keeping in touch with Aston Man (Marcus), yourself and this other guy I speak to Steven. Where in Scotland are you from - I'm from Glasgow. Working in East Kilbride at a school just now - bloody freezin..
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:06 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i think if i could help someone if i get my visa ,i would sponser another brickie..
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:09 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

do you know chaps ,ive got the building section here and there are loads of adds for hoddies at $300 a day.thats good money me thinks..

ast
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
Will do Billy - I'm hoping to be there in July. Keeping in touch with Aston Man (Marcus), yourself and this other guy I speak to Steven. Where in Scotland are you from - I'm from Glasgow. Working in East Kilbride at a school just now - bloody freezin..
Im from Darnley in glasgow gordon (the new bit)pmsl im gettin seriously down tryin for an employer tho been tryin since november but all sayin the same thing that theyll start me when i get there but i cant get there till i get the visa catch 22 m8 but please do keep in touch ye never know Billy
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:26 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

After spending a whole week unable to work because of bad temperature in Scotland , at least got the chance to watch Wanted Down Under this morning - in Perth and it was about bricklaying (my trade).

Did anyone see it???? Cant wait to get there - good opportunities, good wages.

It looks fab!

Laura and Gordon (be there July!)
Don't believe a word they say on that programme.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:15 pm
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fraser
Don't believe a word they say on that programme.
i believe some of them
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:29 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Another brickie fae Glesga eh!!

If you guy`s need labourer when you get there give me a shout or better still i dont mind rendering over your shoddy work

you a bit like myself Billy, i live in easterhouse! the good bit

Im from Darnley in glasgow gordon (the new bit)pmsl im gettin seriously down tryin for an employer tho been tryin since november but all sayin the same thing that theyll start me when i get there but i cant get there till i get the visa catch 22 m8 but please do keep in touch ye never know Billy
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

All you pommies coming as brickies dont be fooled that you will earn loads of dollars here...........Im in adelaide and the going rate is .85 cents a brick and you have to go some to earn a wage and the heat its like some one has a big bright lite on ya back , does it get hot...Plus it was hard to get in with a house builder....the going rate for a bricky is 25- 30 dollars an hour not good workin an 8 hr day.

geary
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Another brickie fae Glesga eh!!

If you guy`s need labourer when you get there give me a shout or better still i dont mind rendering over your shoddy work

you a bit like myself Billy, i live in easterhouse! the good bit

And we live in Boorheed (that is Barrhead to us posh people in the good bit). Do you think being a plasterer you would be able to keep up labouring to us brickies - but I'd maybe give you a start cos you kick with the right foot!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

And we live in Boorheed (that is Barrhead to us posh people in the good bit). Do you think being a plasterer you would be able to keep up labouring to us brickies - but I'd maybe give you a start cos you kick with the right foot!
does that mean youll gie me a start too gordon coz ive got a good right foot too and OH can forget about valentines day the morra coz the games on the telly hehehehe
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:50 am
Just Joined

jayne601 is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya....we're in brisbane......hubby is brickie on $250 a shift........he made more working with the council back home in scotland doing less hours.....
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jayne601
hiya....we're in brisbane......hubby is brickie on $250 a shift........he made more working with the council back home in scotland doing less hours.....
Hi guys

It is Perth that we are going to - heard the cash is much better than anywhere else in Oz.

Can any bricklayers from Perth confirm this??????

Gordon
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching this thread with interest - it rears it's head every now and again with the same old stuff, someone knows someone who earns mega bucks a day for only a couple of hours work and long lunch breaks.

Truth ? You can earn from $290 - $310 approx on day work which is generally what you'll start on. When you get on price (complete with your ute, trailer and full set of tools incl cement mixer etc) you would be looking at $2500 per week before tax. It is good money compared to other wages in Oz but it aint easy. Hubby starts at 6am but finishes by 3/3.30 as it's knackering in the heat and with the flys. You'll need your green card too to work since January.

If anyone can earn $4500 or more a week, I'd love to see how.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Wanted down under - bricklayers

Originally Posted by geary11
All you pommies coming as brickies dont be fooled that you will earn loads of dollars here...........Im in adelaide and the going rate is .85 cents a brick and you have to go some to earn a wage and the heat its like some one has a big bright lite on ya back , does it get hot...Plus it was hard to get in with a house builder....the going rate for a bricky is 25- 30 dollars an hour not good workin an 8 hr day.

geary
They're talking specifically about Perth, not Adelaide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.