Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted down under - bricklayers

Wanted down under - bricklayers

Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all
Default Wanted down under - bricklayers

After spending a whole week unable to work because of bad temperature in Scotland , at least got the chance to watch Wanted Down Under this morning - in Perth and it was about bricklaying (my trade).

Did anyone see it???? Cant wait to get there - good opportunities, good wages.

It looks fab!

Laura and Gordon (be there July!)
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted down under - bricklayers

"is there plenty of work for brickies in WA" is the pope a catholic
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:49 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
After spending a whole week unable to work because of bad temperature in Scotland , at least got the chance to watch Wanted Down Under this morning - in Perth and it was about bricklaying (my trade).

It looks fab!

if you dont mind me saying i watched it but i have found $400 a day is at the bottom end of what i would want to earn.they dont work as fast as us and the work on the internal blockwork looks like it has been put up by one of my apprenticess.
so i would want to earm more than $400 a day,that would be o.k to start off with.

also i found a lot better houses for the money than the ones they showed on there today..

like you i cannot wait to get out there and get at it..jezus its bleedin frustrating...

ast

Last edited by aston man; Feb 9th 2007 at 9:55 am.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aston man
if you dont mind me saying i watched it but i have found $400 is at the bottom end of what i would want to earn.they dont work as fast as us and the work on the internal blockwork looks like it has been put up by one of my apprenticess.
so i would want to earm more than $400 a day,that would be o.k to start off with.

also i found a lot better houses for the money than the ones they showed on there today..

like you i cannot wait to get out there and get at it..jezus its bleedin frustrating...

ast
I totally agree with you.......Our friend is out there - and they are building a house (through a company) - 4 bedroom 2 bathroom in Ellenbrook - total cost $320,000.

When do you plan on going??

I thought the guys building were doing a bit of messing about - probably it was for the camera! You know what it's like in the UK - build as much and as fast as you can...it's the only way to get anywhere....
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pom plumber
"is there plenty of work for brickies in WA" is the pope a catholic

Plenty of work for brickies - now that brings music to my ears!!!!
(and £ signs to my wife's )
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:07 am
All the Family

Scragg_Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Just joined today after watching all the series.
We are looking at going to WA hopefully and it has really given us an insight.

Does anybody have any advice as to reasonably priced houses in areas suitable for our family, we have a 9 year old son whi mad on football, sorry soccer!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

It looks fab!

I watched todays show and thought it was the best so far maybe because our second option is perth and secondly hubbys a brickie, definatley good opportunities cant wait to get there myself now
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:19 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scragg_Family
Just joined today after watching all the series.
We are looking at going to WA hopefully and it has really given us an insight.

Does anybody have any advice as to reasonably priced houses in areas suitable for our family, we have a 9 year old son whi mad on football, sorry soccer!

im a brickie and have just spent a month travelling round perth building sites to see if it was for me...
$300/400 is day rate decent trowells earn double that once you get on a price,$1.5 a brick is the rate now i believe,,averaged 600 bicks a day ,there mostly square bungalows....so??$$$

i would say,your looking at a house $350 upwards dont be fooled your not going to get a lot under 350....

i would say ,but were all different,you will be looking $450/$550 for a nice house in a nice town

and once again perth is just one big building site...

hope this helps.... ast

p.s when i get out there i am going to get meself sorted with the heat.work down the gables in the shade when its hot.get some big conopies to work under,shower on the back of the pickup..etc.etc..

p.s all us brickies should keep in touch,and form a few gangs after we get our foot in the door..its only what we do here???

ast..

Last edited by aston man; Feb 9th 2007 at 10:21 am.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:37 am
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

at least having a day off meant that you could watch england win the cricket

i worked on a site building a big house, the job was run by my m8.
this m8 got his brother (a brickie) back over from perth for a month to help me build the house.. a paid holiday in england with his old mates.
both of them are in perth now one brickie and a chippie, both working, both happy.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

It looks fab!

Great, thanks for letting us know - been waiting for a brickie one to come on and in Perth too

Please let the video have worked!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

im a brickie and have just spent a month travelling round perth building sites to see if it was for me...
$300/400 is day rate decent trowells earn double that once you get on a price,$1.5 a brick is the rate now i believe,,averaged 600 bicks a day ,there mostly square bungalows....so??$$$

i would say,your looking at a house $350 upwards dont be fooled your not going to get a lot under 350....

i would say ,but were all different,you will be looking $450/$550 for a nice house in a nice town

hope this helps.... ast

p.s when i get out there i am going to get meself sorted with the heat.work down the gables in the shade when its hot.get some big conopies to work under,shower on the back of the pickup..etc.etc..

p.s all us brickies should keep in touch,and form a few gangs after we get our foot in the door..its only what we do here???

ast..

Sounds excellent mate!!!! I'm up for that. Us brickies should stick together (safety in numbers!!!). The thing is - you would definately be able to afford the mortgage is you were getting that kind of money.

The programme was excellent today - I'm really excited about going now - and I think Perth is definately the bst choice.

Did you go to Mandurah on your travels???? Kind of fancy that???
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:11 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marvinc
Great, thanks for letting us know - been waiting for a brickie one to come on and in Perth too

Please let the video have worked!
is perth just a big job centre for tradesmen then, god what hope do i have on goldcoast when my oh is a plumber gasfitter maybe we should go to perth instead lol
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:17 am
Banned

Sounds excellent mate!!!! I'm up for that. Us brickies should stick together (safety in numbers!!!). The thing is - you would definately be able to afford the mortgage is you were getting that kind of money.

The programme was excellent today - I'm really excited about going now - and I think Perth is definately the bst choice.

Did you go to Mandurah on your travels???? Kind of fancy that???
there tonns of work down mandurah way.we were offered a 4x2 with a pool in rockingham for $350 very nice.which is about 4o mins from perth ,where my wife wants to be..
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

frimble is an unknown quantity at this point

hope this helps.... ast

ast..
you wont get $1.5 building the square bungalows more like $0.95 you might get $1.5 on double stories dont kid yourself if you think the aussie brickies are lazy and rough
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It looks fab!
It is. Come and get your slice of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.