visa refused

Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa refused

Originally Posted by kjj
Yes can all be done from the UK.
It took me about 4 weeks to get registered, including extra time took to get my transcript sent over from my university because I didn't realise that it was a formal document that needed to be sent direct from the university. I initially sent my student transcript which wasn't enough.

NMC Verification £34.00
University Transcript £40.00
Some certified copies of things £10.00
Registration in WA £90.00 = approx $400AUD
Modified Skills Assessment $185
Total=$585

Full ANMC skills assessment $630

If you applied for a full skills assessment then your registration, you would need 2 university transcripts.
Did you get modified assessment because you were named person on visa application? If I don't use my skills for 5 points - I won't need to do any ANC assessment - is this right?
Also, I do have a copy of my Uni transcript - which I used for a visa back in 1997. The Uni sent this to me not direct to Oz. Can I use this rather than pay again. As I said it's a copy, I don't think the Uni would send the original?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:35 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

We have applied just on my hubby's skills. We have calculated that he has 120 points on his own, but this depends on a case officers interpretation of if hubbys actual occupation and his skills assessment are closely related. To be on the safe side we have also claimed 5 bonus points for capital investment that we are prepared to make if we don't hit the 120 points. I wasn't happy to use my skills to get points as my PCT is reorganising and I think I will be at risk of redundancy later this year, I didn't want to give them any excuse to get rid of me. I asked a previous employer for a reference to register as evidence of practice only needs to have been in the past 5 years. You will need to register as a Nurse over there anyway at some point and will incur costs in that, but granted these are costs that you could delay 'til nearer the time. If you register first and then go for a modified skills assessment, it is only really going to cost you £80.00 for those 5 spouse skills points that might give you a bit more peace of mind. If you need to re-register before you get to Oz, these seems to be quite reasonable at $90.00.
KJJ

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
Great advice, cheers. We too are thinking of WA. I really don't know what to do about this - half of me thinks if he's got 130 points without my spouse points, why bother. It'd save us $$ in not having skills assessment.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:38 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

We seem to be crossing
I have not had a skills assessment done as I have not claimed any points.
The transcript I originally sent was my student transcript stating modules taken and my grade. I think they wanted something more detailedthat stated amount of hours undertook in pre-reg training in midwifery, mental health, paeds etc.
Did you get modified assessment because you were named person on visa application? If I don't use my skills for 5 points - I won't need to do any ANC assessment - is this right?
Also, I do have a copy of my Uni transcript - which I used for a visa back in 1997. The Uni sent this to me not direct to Oz. Can I use this rather than pay again. As I said it's a copy, I don't think the Uni would send the original?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

I registered with WA. Yes your right that you dont need a skills assessment if your not using your skills for points. If you already have a full copy of your transcripts of training then just get them certified and that should be fine. You have to get NMC to send a verification of training direct to the WANB they wont accept it from you.That cost £35 and it's explained on NMC's website. Some people say that the transcripts have to be sent directly as well but I sent mine myself and had no problem. Good look
Tracie
Old Aug 9th 2006, 4:20 am
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mr&mrsjames
After 13 months of waiting we finally got a letter to say our visa will not be granted.
We applied for a skilled independent visa as my wife is a nurse, and it looked like we sailed through the points system but the reason given for refusal was that my wife didnt work enough hours at the moment,
so why were we asked for medicals and police checks,
Does anyone know if this the end of the line as regards to this application.
Hi, sorry to hear this, you must be so disappointed. We hit a bit of a stumbling block a few months into our application. The points requirement was increased and we fell short so we looked at other options. How about the skilled independent regional visa? That's what we changed onto, it meant we couldn't go to Perth as planned but we are now living 250 miles south of Perth (Albany) which is regional. If it was me I wouldn't just accept being refused at this stage, I would take it further as there make be other options. You need to get some professional advice though. Good luck.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 4:37 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SJR
Hi, sorry to hear this, you must be so disappointed. We hit a bit of a stumbling block a few months into our application. The points requirement was increased and we fell short so we looked at other options. How about the skilled independent regional visa?

Not usually a smart option for nurses, most can qualify for a permanent visa more easily than this temporary one.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 4:43 am
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
Not usually a smart option for nurses, most can qualify for a permanent visa more easily than this temporary one.
If it were an option though, a temporary visa is better than no visa
Old Aug 9th 2006, 5:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SJR
If it were an option though, a temporary visa is better than no visa
I cannot think of any situation where a nurse should have to contemplate the SIR visa. Even if work experience is a problem, finding a sponsor for RSMS should be do-able, a much better visa than SIR.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 6:43 am
SJR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
I cannot think of any situation where a nurse should have to contemplate the SIR visa. Even if work experience is a problem, finding a sponsor for RSMS should be do-able, a much better visa than SIR.
I'm not up on the finer details of any other visas than the one we were able to apply for. I was just thinking that there me be another option for these people. I know some people who were rejected but were advised to apply for a different visa. Admittedly the SIR isn't the perfect option, it wasn't for us either but we're here now and thankful for that. We can begin the process for permanent residency (still regional I believe) after 2 years. Neither of our skills were on the MODL but my husbands skills (software developer) were identified as being in demand in the Great Southern so he was sponsored on that basis.