visa refused

Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

mr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant future
Default visa refused

After 13 months of waiting we finally got a letter to say our visa will not be granted.
We applied for a skilled independent visa as my wife is a nurse, and it looked like we sailed through the points system but the reason given for refusal was that my wife didnt work enough hours at the moment,
so why were we asked for medicals and police checks,
Does anyone know if this the end of the line as regards to this application.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:37 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa refused

Originally Posted by mr&mrsjames
After 13 months of waiting we finally got a letter to say our visa will not be granted.
We applied for a skilled independent visa as my wife is a nurse, and it looked like we sailed through the points system but the reason given for refusal was that my wife didnt work enough hours at the moment,
I think you can appeal. Personally I'd take it as a sign.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:43 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arkon
I think you can appeal. Personally I'd take it as a sign.
Don't you like Oz then Arkon? You'd never know

So sorry to hear your Visa has been refused, especially after going to the additional time and expense of meds and checks. You might want to post this message on the Immigration Section as I'm sure one of the Immigration Agents will be able to help you.

Fingers crossed for you.

Ali X
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't wish to sound harsh...as I am sure you are very upset...but it does stipulate how many hours you are required to be working over a given time prior and during application process.

Perhaps you could appeal or re-apply once you have fulfilled those requirements.

Good luck,
Cas
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:29 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

I no expert at all when it comes to Visas, but couldnt she suddenly go Full time to make the hours she is working more???
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear this.

I'm sure that there is something you can do if you still want to go.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:41 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: visa refused

Really sorry that you got the refusal - might be worthwhile speaking to an agent to clarify any rights of appeal certain visa's have no right of appeal - I think subclass 136 doesnt have an appeals procedure.
Best of luck - dont give up if theres a will more often than not there is a way.
Even if the previous poster is correct and your wife needs to up her hours to 37hrs for 18 month or so. You should still be able to reapply.
Good luck Im sure an agent will be able to help.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about
Angry Re: visa refused

Bad news, sorry to hear that, but it is stipulated that you would have to have been working 20 hours plus per week for the last 12 months to be accepted, i am in the process of doing this now and will lodge application in october. Did you use an agent ? as it was them who pointed it out to me. Best of luck, if you wish to continue you will have to increase your hours, a drag i know !

Hafwyn
Old Jun 29th 2006, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Sorry to hear your news. Have a look on the nursing forum...the hours issue has been discussed alot.

Don't know where you stand with current application appeal etc, but there are other options open to you. I was in the same position with regards the hours, so found a hospital willing to sponsor me for PR. If your wife could do that then maybe the cost of the medicals and PC's won't be wasted. Or I think there is a 134 visa which ??? requires the last 6months full time work.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
Really sorry that you got the refusal - might be worthwhile speaking to an agent to clarify any rights of appeal certain visa's have no right of appeal - I think subclass 136 doesnt have an appeals procedure.
So if a CO cocks things up and refuese a visa....there's nothing which can be done about it?
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:01 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so so sorry to hear that you've been refused - I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. The application process is long enough but get this far, especially after having meds requested, and to then be refused is unimaginable.

I'm assuming that you didn't use an agent, so I'd post this on the Immigration Forum and get some input from one of the migration experts on there. If they feel there are options, I'd definitely consider going through an agent to help sort this out. Also speak to the CO to find out exactly what the position is and whether or not you are able to remedy the situation, or whether it means reapplying.

Let us know how you get on and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Nicky

Last edited by Nicky & Dave; Jun 29th 2006 at 3:07 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 3:02 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
So if a CO cocks things up and refuese a visa....there's nothing which can be done about it?
Thats my understanding - taken from
http://www.mrt.gov.au/appdetails.html
No mentioned of Offshore skilled independent - unless im mistaken.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:16 pm
dcm
Account Closed

dcm is an unknown quantity at this point

The same thing happened to my friend - so she took a years contract with a hospital in Australia - then applied for a PR visa while she was out there. She is now a citizen.

Debbie
Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

How many hours a week does your wife work?
Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

nicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wren
Sorry to hear your news. Have a look on the nursing forum...the hours issue has been discussed alot.

Don't know where you stand with current application appeal etc, but there are other options open to you. I was in the same position with regards the hours, so found a hospital willing to sponsor me for PR. If your wife could do that then maybe the cost of the medicals and PC's won't be wasted. Or I think there is a 134 visa which ??? requires the last 6months full time work.
Hi wren,

I too am being sponsored for a permanent visa and am a nurse. Whereabouts are you going.
I was told that only NSW were offering to sponsor people for PRs from the onset.

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.