visa refused

Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

nicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to all
Default Re: visa refused

Forgot to say that i went for this option due to not having enough hours, i took a year off to have my son.
I think healthstaff recruitment are having an recruitment drive soon, they go to manchester and london but i missed these last year and so they just organised everything via e.mail and phone.
They are a free sevice funded by the government i think and have been fantastic.
Just have a look and see what you think.

Nicole
Old Jun 29th 2006, 4:59 pm
Banned

Gnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mr&mrsjames
After 13 months of waiting we finally got a letter to say our visa will not be granted.
We applied for a skilled independent visa as my wife is a nurse, and it looked like we sailed through the points system but the reason given for refusal was that my wife didnt work enough hours at the moment,
so why were we asked for medicals and police checks,
Does anyone know if this the end of the line as regards to this application.

Hello there

I am very sorry to read about this. Yours is not the only case I have heard of where the meds, police clearances etc were all done and then at the 11th hour, DIMA decided that some other crucial criterion had not been met and refused the visa unexpectedly. It is infuriating, and inspires complaints to both the Minister and to the Ombudsman, but that is scant consolation for you.

I am by no means an expert on this subject, but I believe that the only possible appeal against refusal of a sub-class 136 visa is to seek Judicial Review in the Court. It is not one of the sub-classes where the Migration Review Tribunal can be involved instead.

I think that it would be worth your while to have a formal consultation with either George Lombard or Aan Collett at this stage, to see what the best answer for you might be.

I hope that somebody will be able to find you a course of action that you would consider worthwhile. Best of luck, and I hope everything will work out OK for you in the end.

Regards

Gnut
Old Jun 29th 2006, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nicky m
Hi wren,

I too am being sponsored for a permanent visa and am a nurse. Whereabouts are you going.
I was told that only NSW were offering to sponsor people for PRs from the onset.

Nicky
Hi Nicky,

We are off to Perth. Took some finding to get PR sponsorship

Wren x
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:08 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
I think you can appeal. Personally I'd take it as a sign.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

just wanted to say im gutted for you...hope things get worked out for you both.

regards

lolly
Old Jun 30th 2006, 12:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

After 13 months of waiting we finally got a letter to say our visa will not be granted.
We applied for a skilled independent visa as my wife is a nurse, and it looked like we sailed through the points system but the reason given for refusal was that my wife didnt work enough hours at the moment,

Yes it is, provided the reality is that she didn't work enough hours (happens to a lot of nurses). Medicals and police checks may have been requested based on information available at the time, did you include employment references with your application or not?

Many people on this forum do not realise that there are basic requirements for skilled visas, and if you don't meet these, the visa will be refused before they even *look* at points.

Your option is to reapply for a visa when you meet the requirements:

- Skill Matching : Your wife should work for 6 months, and apply with sponsorship from a participating state (eg Tas, Vic, SA, WA)

- RSMS : Find an employer outside the four major cities willing to sponsor for this visa. There's no work experience requirement. Adelaide is eligible.

- ENS : Seek professional advice on how DIMA interpret the work experience requirement for this visa, that would allow employer sponsorship from one of the larger cities.

It might not hurt to get a copy of your existing migration file, use form 424.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:24 am
Just Joined

decca will become famous soon enough

We have been here for two years now, our first visa application was refused, we got ourself an agent and had a second attempt which was succesful, if you need the agents number or anymore advice please get in touch, good luck
Old Aug 8th 2006, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: visa refused

Hi, Does anyone know where the exact info regarding the 20 hours minimum rule is on the DIMA website? I can't find it anywhere!
My problem is this:
We are applying for a skilled independent visa, my husband being the main applicant (carpenter), I was putting my nursing down as skills to be considered - extra 5 points - this gives him 135 points, so he could do it without. But, as I need to work part time when we get there I have to have skills assessed anyway.
Now, I have worked 20 hours a week for the last three months, for the seven weeks prior to this I was unemployed, as the hospital I was working at closed down. Before redundancy I was working 21 - 28 hours a week.
My first question is, do these seven weeks where I was unemployed count? Eg not working at least 20 hours/wk for the last 12 months?
My second question is, if I am on the application as the spouse & have a Skills assessment, will it affect the application that I have not met the 20/hrs week minimum?
Thirdly, should I just not bother putting my skills on the application to be assessed? Should we just get it with hubbys carpentry? I will still get my nursing assessed by ANMC as I have to work when we get there.
All very confusing, I hope it makes sense & that someone out there can enlighten me. I want to get the application right and not have the same awful thing happen to us. Any advice appreciated.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:04 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisylilymum

My first question is, do these seven weeks where I was unemployed count? Eg not working at least 20 hours/wk for the last 12 months? I understand it as being averaged out over a year
My second question is, if I am on the application as the spouse & have a Skills assessment, will it affect the application that I have not met the 20/hrs week minimum? Not sure about that one
Thirdly, should I just not bother putting my skills on the application to be assessed? Should we just get it with hubbys carpentry? I will still get my nursing assessed by ANMC as I have to work when we get there. Its cheaper to get registered with the State nursing board then get a modified skills assessment done by ANC
Replies in red in quote
Good luck
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Sorry to hear about your visa. Just wanted to let you know that our first application was refused. We did it ourselves and under-estimated how strict they are about dates. The O/H had been working as a teacher for 3 years when they started processing our first application BUT we had sent it 1 week too early and at the time it was RECEIVED by DIMA he had been employed as a teacher for 2 years, 11 months and 3 weeks!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, we did it again, got an agent to make sure all the i's were dotted and t's crossed, and outcome is our visa was granted last week. When we got the agent onto our second one she matter of factly asked us why we'd sent it too early!!! My advice is def get an agent to check, when you're so involved and overwhelmed by the jargon and the forms it's hard to take a step back and look at the application properly. The agent will spot the mistakes straight away.

Good luck, don't give up, it will happen!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
Replies in red in quote
Good luck
Thanks for that. I didn't realise you could get registered with State board without skills assessment. Can you register from UK?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:21 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I didn't realise you could get registered with State board without skills assessment. Can you register from UK?
Yes I believe so - I need to sort it out myself before we move over in Sept/Oct time
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:08 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

You only need to to have a skills assessment done from the ANMC if you wish to claim points for your skill as a Nurse. If your intention is to not claim any points for your skills in the application and just work as a Nurse once you get there you can just apply directly to the relevant state Nursing Board for Registration (need to send transcripts of training from your training institute etc see individual board websites). If you do wish to use your skills to gain 5 spouse points I think that you need to fulfill the same basic requirements as the main applicant. If you are in a position to claim your spouse points (not sure on the hours) I would suggest that you register as a Nurse in the state you intend to settle in and then apply for a modified skills assessment from the ANMC - overall this is cheaper and a bit quicker. If you then change the area you want to settle in it should be easy to re-register in another state due to recognition agreements.
The skills assessment is only for the points, you don't need a skills assessment to register as a Nurse.
KJJ
UK Nurse registered in WA

Hi, Does anyone know where the exact info regarding the 20 hours minimum rule is on the DIMA website? I can't find it anywhere!
My problem is this:
We are applying for a skilled independent visa, my husband being the main applicant (carpenter), I was putting my nursing down as skills to be considered - extra 5 points - this gives him 135 points, so he could do it without. But, as I need to work part time when we get there I have to have skills assessed anyway.
Now, I have worked 20 hours a week for the last three months, for the seven weeks prior to this I was unemployed, as the hospital I was working at closed down. Before redundancy I was working 21 - 28 hours a week.
My first question is, do these seven weeks where I was unemployed count? Eg not working at least 20 hours/wk for the last 12 months?
My second question is, if I am on the application as the spouse & have a Skills assessment, will it affect the application that I have not met the 20/hrs week minimum?
Thirdly, should I just not bother putting my skills on the application to be assessed? Should we just get it with hubbys carpentry? I will still get my nursing assessed by ANMC as I have to work when we get there.
All very confusing, I hope it makes sense & that someone out there can enlighten me. I want to get the application right and not have the same awful thing happen to us. Any advice appreciated.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kjj
You only need to to have a skills assessment done from the ANMC if you wish to claim points for your skill as a Nurse. If your intention is to not claim any points for your skills in the application and just work as a Nurse once you get there you can just apply directly to the relevant state Nursing Board for Registration (need to send transcripts of training from your training institute etc see individual board websites). If you do wish to use your skills to gain 5 spouse points I think that you need to fulfill the same basic requirements as the main applicant. If you are in a position to claim your spouse points (not sure on the hours) I would suggest that you register as a Nurse in the state you intend to settle in and then apply for a modified skills assessment from the ANMC - overall this is cheaper and a bit quicker. If you then change the area you want to settle in it should be easy to re-register in another state due to recognition agreements.
The skills assessment is only for the points, you don't need a skills assessment to register as a Nurse.
KJJ
UK Nurse registered in WA
Great advice, cheers. We too are thinking of WA. I really don't know what to do about this - half of me thinks if he's got 130 points without my spouse points, why bother. It'd save us $$ in not having skills assessment.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:25 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

Yes can all be done from the UK.
It took me about 4 weeks to get registered, including extra time took to get my transcript sent over from my university because I didn't realise that it was a formal document that needed to be sent direct from the university. I initially sent my student transcript which wasn't enough.

NMC Verification £34.00
University Transcript £40.00
Some certified copies of things £10.00
Registration in WA £90.00 = approx $400AUD
Modified Skills Assessment $185
Total=$585

Full ANMC skills assessment $630

If you applied for a full skills assessment then your registration, you would need 2 university transcripts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.