Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Old May 13th 2003, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

More to life than house work, but footie chick why do you think your not old enough to go to NZ
Old May 13th 2003, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Originally posted by sally1968
Yes it was far more informative - but what about that woman!!!:scared: Both ny husband and I said we would have killed her by now! Or maybe we are just dirty blighters!! As for her poor kids- fancy having a mother like that!

careful now firing1 is here don't forget..

anyway as they said 3 months condensed into a 1hr prog..sure she likes things clean..that's not a crime though is it ??

lorna's a very clean person too and you sure come to apreciate it being around it for a while I can tell you...

(I would need a spectrogram to find the dirt she comes up with but we have a clean house to live in and it always looks lovely..)

I must admit nz looked nice although the houses lacked something as it all looked rather bland..

still i feel that it should have been a series rather than a slot

cheers

richard
Old May 13th 2003, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Only a baby well in my eyes! Would consider it when i`m a little older but i can`t put my finger on it, right now its not for me but if other half had his way that is where we would be heading.

Footie chick

footie has just got interesting!
Old May 13th 2003, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoyed the NZ programme, interesting and yep I'll give it go attitude ...

BUT thought the family featured were pushing forward's to FAST, almost like out the frying pan (uk) into the fireplace (nz), and not having sold their house ouch !!!

NZ did look a nice way of life though
Old May 13th 2003, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

tmmykatie is an unknown quantity at this point

thought nz looked a little lonley, nobody seemed to come out of their house to welcome them, looked like zoe was not enjoying her self to much. Just looked very bland the road that they lived in like nothing going on.
Old May 13th 2003, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

This the most enjoyable one yet. Those locators were hardly in it(a good thing).
Off to NZ with family has soon as possible and by coincident where moving to Tauranga. Can't wait, never been but lived in the US for three years and I'm use to not seeing family for long periods. I suppose Firing 1 cleans so much because of boredom because before they moved out to NZ she was doing has much as Paul. Good luck to them. Hoping to meet them when we get out there. Very organised people!

Samantha
Old May 13th 2003, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Definitely the best so far but that's probably because it's relevant to us on the newsgroup.
Still haven't changed my mind about the "re-locators", absolutely bloody useless I would not let them move my dirty washing to the laundry !!
How can they say that they were moving too fast ? didn't the programme makers realise that the couple had done all the hard work before they got involved with the programme and the decision already made to emigrate?
Old May 13th 2003, 8:51 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by sally1968
Yes it was far more informative - but what about that woman!!!:scared: Both ny husband and I said we would have killed her by now! Or maybe we are just dirty blighters!! As for her poor kids- fancy having a mother like that!

What do you mean?

"but what about that woman!!!"
Old May 13th 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

We all deal with crap differently. We'll all find out soon enough how we'll handle the stress of kids that miss friends and family. Us missing friends and family, a routine, free local calls to anyone that will listen the list is endless. I love a clean house but have'nt had one since I had children and husband. I gave up a longtime ago.
Old May 13th 2003, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
err no far to young for NZ

footie chick

What a sauce!

As was PROVED, I would say, in a recent thread started by pleasancefamily, NZ is better than Oz in so many ways, and one of those many ways was in its excitement. There are scores of under 40s here and we are living life to the max and larging it - we just do it in a more dignified way than the Ozzies. Many's the week when there are electric shopping trike races up and down my street, spreading oil all over the roads (avoiding the flower beds though) doing donuts and chelsea buns all night. And bands too - The New Seekers played here recently and you wouldn't have liked to have seen the aftermath of that particular celebration of music: trusses and sherry everywhere.

So before writing off NZ as the place to be, why not give it a go? If you're quick, you will get to see Michael Barrymore live - he's on tour at the moment over here.

Slippers
Old May 13th 2003, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Well slippers

After that reply maybe i could change my mind but the mention of `Michael Barrymore` no still fancy OZ.

But that is an individuals choice.

footie chick
Old May 13th 2003, 9:09 am

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely thought this one was better than the Brisbane one. One thing that got me about both of them is that the families seemed to be lonely. There was nothing about meeting new friends, etc. I know these things take time but I think having different people to talk to on a day to day basis would take some of the stress out of it.

I did think NZ looked lovely though.

Kate
Old May 13th 2003, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
Well slippers

After that reply maybe i could change my mind but the mention of `Michael Barrymore` no still fancy OZ.

But that is an individuals choice.

footie chick

Well, if you can't take the heat.

You are weakening though I can see it. There are still tickets for "Britain's funniest man".
Old May 13th 2003, 9:14 am
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by cinderella
What do you mean?

"but what about that woman!!!"
According to her they had moved to the other side of the world for a less stressful lifestyle but she didn't seem able to let go of anything. A bit of sand in the house- Oh dear!!! If she didn't want sand in the house don't go to the b****y beach!

And her poor children had been through as much upheaval as she had (especially the little girl) and she didn't IMO give them the support that they needed. It's just as hard for the children to leave their friends- the little girl saying goodbye to her friends at school was heart wrenching- but all the mother did as far as i could see was give them a hard time.

That is just my view point and was how i saw the programme.
Old May 13th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

He he well you got a laugh can`t say the same for the `funny man` wont show this to other half as he would like to go to NZ purely for the skiing he is a snow freak.

footie chick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.