Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update on ex's permission - NOT!!

Update on ex's permission - NOT!!

Old Sep 9th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Update on ex's permission - NOT!!

We were married and he is on birth cert , also by the time we divorced we had 2 children and much to my disgust and disbelief at the time he was awarded custody of our eldest(now 13) and I was awarded custody of the youngest(now 10) in court he was awarded contact as was I. He didn't maintain his contact with our youngest, I did maintain my contact with our eldest until 2005 when he persuaded her that she didn't need me. I write to her every week I never get a reply but one day I will be able to explain all to her, I keep copies so I can prove to her I never gave up. Anyway to contact order gave PR.

Thanks BethandAndrew, I appreciate the support, even though you know deep down he will not get residency and its a ploy to delay, it still feels so hard. I will keep you posted and thanks for offer of PM ..

Sarah
Old Sep 9th 2007, 2:51 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Update on ex's permission - NOT!!

My ex was a total nightmare..........pulled every trick he could out of the bag to delay the Final Hearing.
I had no-one to talk to when I went through my court process, apart from my hubby, who was brilliant. I didn't know what I should be aiming for in court etc.
I eventally found someone who had done it already, and even though I was almost at the end of the court case, it gave me a tremendous confidence boost just to know someone else had done the same as me!!
You're not alone......I've seen quite a few more people going through the courts on here now......
Keep your chin up......look forward - never back
Beth x x
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Darwin Days is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi everyone,

Thought I would release my frustrations by giving an update on our trials and tribulations in relation to getting permission from my ex for our daughter age 10 years to emigrate.
Back in Feb we went on holiday to Oz, OH has family there, fell in love with the lifestyle etc and on return applied for a job (nurse) got job offer in 3 weeks, got state registration in 2 weeks all good so far. Had solicitor appointment in early March thanks to forum to go through preliminaries to get permission from ex who has not had contact for 5 years. Letters sent, no reply, stat dec sent, no reply, court application made simultaneously with 457 app as all was looking good that he had disappeared. Then on court day last Monday 13th he APPEARS and guess what he does cross application to get residency after all this time. Our meds had been in LCU since early July and the backlogs gave us a good excuse for being slow proceeding with job offer/start date. However today Meds all finalized and solicitor says next court appearance will be 5th Nov after final CAFCASS report and final hearing will probably be early in New Year. Have been quoted £4000 Plus..

Well what now...do you think a job offer will be kept open that long? Has anyone been left in this position?

I know so many people are having similar issues on BE but even so you still feel alone and frustrated and angry and AGHHHHH...

Sarah
Hi there, I have just completed this process which started in January 2007. I was initially quoted £3000-£5000. The final cost is £10.500:curse: Please do not be too naive as to how much this ghastly process may cost you. Yes its all worth it in the end but with solicitors fees & barristers fees the costs soon escalate.
Good Luck with your case
Kind Regards
Niahm
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:36 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

We were married and he is on birth cert , also by the time we divorced we had 2 children and much to my disgust and disbelief at the time he was awarded custody of our eldest(now 13) and I was awarded custody of the youngest(now 10) in court he was awarded contact as was I. He didn't maintain his contact with our youngest, I did maintain my contact with our eldest until 2005 when he persuaded her that she didn't need me. I write to her every week I never get a reply but one day I will be able to explain all to her, I keep copies so I can prove to her I never gave up. Anyway to contact order gave PR.

Thanks BethandAndrew, I appreciate the support, even though you know deep down he will not get residency and its a ploy to delay, it still feels so hard. I will keep you posted and thanks for offer of PM ..

Sarah
Sarah
Your story is VERY similar to mine! Very scary! I kept my eldest, the ex-kept the youngest. 5 yrs non-contact etc. Objection etc. Amazing how the Courts see fit to split a family!!
We had our 457 etc and then it all collapsed.
1 year later and GBP10,000+, we won. (ex on Legal Aid of course!)
I am sure you will too! Happy to give you details etc of what we had to do etc by PM.
PS: Get your solicitor to book Court dates in higher Courts for the inevitable "appeals" as your ex-loses each round. Such dates can take months so sooner they are booked, the quicker you are in.

Andrew
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
My ex tried the ringing around every school trick too. It is right that if he has PR the school can't stop him taking his child.....BUT the school can ring YOU if he ever turns up unannounced trying to take the child out of school.
The school ought to have a policy on how to deal with situations like this.

They cannot just wash their hands by saying "it's the law" and pass a child over to a parent who may be violent/abusive.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Thanks JAJ we are reviewing the schools policy to take this further, so many thanks for the advice.

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your post, it is scary and sad that the splitting of children happens. I know we have to stay positive and concentrate on the future, but some days it all gets a bit much and you feel like running away. BUT we will fight on and I very much appreciate the BE support and I will pm for more details (not sure how to do it..will ask OH!!!)

No matter what it takes we will achieve our dream..

Thanks again

Sarah
Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello my friends

Well we have been going the motions of the court process and cafcass reporting, with highs and lows along the way, we were due in court on 7th Nov but ex had it adjourned apparently he had a an operation (no proof yet supplied!!! surprise) but finally we have a new hearing for Fri 23rd Nov. The evidence is in and it is in the hands of the gods for now. I am feeling very jittery at the moment, positive days and then some negative. this is an emotionally draining process and my heart goes out to the many of us in this situation.

Many thanks to all who have supported us and continue to do so.

I will keep you posted.

Sarah
Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:25 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello my friends

Well we have been going the motions of the court process and cafcass reporting, with highs and lows along the way, we were due in court on 7th Nov but ex had it adjourned apparently he had a an operation (no proof yet supplied!!! surprise) but finally we have a new hearing for Fri 23rd Nov. The evidence is in and it is in the hands of the gods for now. I am feeling very jittery at the moment, positive days and then some negative. this is an emotionally draining process and my heart goes out to the many of us in this situation.

Many thanks to all who have supported us and continue to do so.

I will keep you posted.

Sarah
good luck babes!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck Sarah WIll be thinking of you
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

hi sarah, just read your post. i feel so sorry for you - my ex fought me for custody when i left him. cafcas, health visitors, sols etc all involved - it nearly broke me, but in the end i got custody and he got defined contact, now he sees them twice a year if they are lucky!

my advise to you would be to keep a diary, anything that may be of use to you, phone calls anything, it just strenghtens your case in court.

he was going to try to stop me from taking them to oz but i sought legal advice and she sent him authorisation just to see what the outcome was, and a few months down the line he signed it! he tries the emotional blackmail with the children even now, but they are eventually seeing him for what he really is - i never thought the day would come but it has (they are now 16 and 14 years old).

what i am trying to say is good luck with everything and i'm sure everything will turn out ok in the end - it may be a long drawn (and expensive) process but it WILL be worth it in the end. keep focusing on your goal and when you need support and reassurance just post on here, everyone is brilliant. by the way i was quoted #5000 as well if it went to court proceedings!

with regards to the job, they are desperate for nurses so i would explain the circumstances if you have to and they may look on it favourably.

good luck sarah

vicky
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah, have just read through this thread & would like to wish you all the very best of luck for Friday
K sent!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:11 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, got everything crossed for you

Joex
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!

Just read your thread and wishing you all the best. That date has always been lucky for me - so I hope it is as lucky for you. Hopefully it will be the first day of your new life down under.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you all so much. BE support is truly worth its weight in gold. I appreciate it so much.

Sarah
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Very best of luck to you, fingers crossed that common sense prevails and quickly
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.