Update!

Old Mar 28th 2006, 7:29 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update!

Oh I missed this. Well done Paul on making it (your the cabbie - right?). remember the hell you went through in the beginning (hoping your the cabbie?)

Also Paulf - long time member well done.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 8:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul and Nic. Really pleased you've settled in. Bit of luck finding a house so quick and convenient.

That Gaven end is getting well full up by the sounds of it

Take care guys.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Cheers everyone.

Yeah we sign the contract and pick up the keys for the place on Friday afternoon so as we have fudge all with us, it'll be easy.

I've been on to the electric co to get the contract goin and the phone co too. Must admit it was funny when we asked about the gas and to be told you don't have any! ...lol. In the UK the gas bill was one of our highest outlays as Nic REALLY hates the cold.

The kids have had a holiday to kick off with and didn't start when scheduled as we didn't have the house in time. They was sposed to start when we did (this Monday) but as we're down in Labrador now it would've been ok to drop the kids off, but Ashley finishes school at 13.45 so with us not home till gone 16.30 it was easier to leave their start till this Monday, and they're looking forward to it ...

Cos we've arrived near the end of this term the kids there are finishing off coursework that has been worked on since the start of term and the kids aint missing anything.

Oh and one thing to tell all the teens coming that love sport is over here every other Wednesday is ALL sports! I've been told this isn't just this schools way and it's either an Australia thing or maybe just a Queensland thing ?!? ... either way Kurt loves the idea of it!

Sooooooooooo, all goin well as I say and I think we'll be sorted this weekend when we move in.

Oh I spoke to the shippers this end today and they have no file for my stuff ... ... altho admittedly this was with no waybill number or anything as it was done in a break at school like all of the calls at the mo ...lol, but I'll remember to take the info in tomorrow.

Oh and yeah working while here??

Well in the end cos we accepted a low offer on the house we ended up bringing about 40 thou sterling less with us than first expected, but even with that we'd HAVE to work at some point, it would've just been later. At the mo we're at school Mon - Fri but in about 9 weeks we'll be down to 3 days a week and by then at this rate all of our money will be gone! ...lol ... but seriously money is running out fast and we've got loads of things to buy still and we'll both be looking for some work in a few months I reckon.

I got offered a job at the place we got the car from. Cleaning cars ... ... but I declined. I dunno, but am sure I'll earn more doin sommit else, we'll see.

Lastly Paul's tip for when you arrive!

I got 60% off my car insurance by just telling the bloke I had 12 years NCB. I DO have the cert with me, but it wasn't asked for and I was given a cat 1 I think it was called on my verbal saying so! ...

Maybe I just have a trusting face ... ... or they just trust you over here, but gotta be worth a shot!

Oh and 'top tip' no 2, bring Calamine lotion with you!! Ashley got a little burnt on the 2nd day and we bought a tube that Nic said would've cost a pound in the UK for $21 ... you work out the exchange!

Gotta run, but one for a giggle is I / we gave Becky the mannequin a wash and condition today! ... ROFL ...

Laterz
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:22 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Update!

Great post, it is always fantastic to read notes from the otherside. Best wishes for the future.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic

Oh and one thing to tell all the teens coming that love sport is over here every other Wednesday is ALL sports! I've been told this isn't just this schools way and it's either an Australia thing or maybe just a Queensland thing ?!? ... either way Kurt loves the idea of it!
Tuesdays at first born's school. Tuesday is a good day
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:50 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Tuesdays at first born's school. Tuesday is a good day
Next Tuesday is an excellent day
Old Mar 29th 2006, 1:42 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you guys are ok!

Keep me posted! We should be there in about 2 months!

Claire
xxx
Old Mar 29th 2006, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Originally Posted by teejay66
Nice one guys,
Glad everything is going to plan

Shut up about the temperature and the sun your depressing me !!

No just kiddin can't wait to get a bit of that action lol

Keep up the good work

cheers
Phil

Hey Teejay

Just noticed you got your sponsorship then.

Great news

Looks like will be seeing you a lot in the near future :scared: :scared:

Linda / Dave
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hey Teejay

Just noticed you got your sponsorship then.

Great news

Looks like will be seeing you a lot in the near future :scared: :scared:

Linda / Dave
Not only got the SIR sponsorship but as of today we can get PR instead as Phils job has been put on the MODL. Thank god we haven't sent the visa app off yet. Now we can apply for PR instead. What a result. Now we have to decide where to go

Tracey
Old Mar 30th 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Oh I see - now that you have met Dave & I you just cant bring yourself to go to Adelaide now. :scared: :scared:

I promise I had had a bath when we met. Anyway - all the best at least you have your choice now, we unfortunatley had to go where we could get in.

Still waiting though. Not my strongest attribute.

Lindy
Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Oh I see - now that you have met Dave & I you just cant bring yourself to go to Adelaide now. :scared: :scared:

I promise I had had a bath when we met. Anyway - all the best at least you have your choice now, we unfortunatley had to go where we could get in.

Still waiting though. Not my strongest attribute.

Lindy
Hi Lindy

Not sure where we are gonna go now, but Adelaide is still in the runing although the latest post about Brissy or Adelaide is making us edge towards Brissy at the moment. Not gotta rush to decide now we are gonna be PR.

Tracey