Unlock codes

Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:05 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlock codes

Originally Posted by paul30
A PUK will not unlock your sim to all networks thats just for if you put your pin in wrong 3 times and it gets blocked. ask your SP about unlatching in uk they charge about £25 and send you the code and procedure or alternatively take it to practically any mobile stall on a market and they should be able to unlock it with thier magic box
Yes Paul30 you are right
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

I have a virgin PAYG mobile bought in the UK, I got my phone unlocked at a local market for £8.00. I am now using a Telstra PAYG in the same phone with no problems. My OH on the other hand forgot to do his And took it to a place in Melbourne where they totally bolloxed it up The phone is now useless and they will not pay to replace it

So best to get a new one if you're already out here mate.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:30 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nozzys
Any suggestions on how to get a phone unlocked. We are in Australia and we bought the phone in the UK.

Nat X
Well first you need your IMEI number... from that you can calculate your unlock code. Its easier on some makes of phone than others.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahampaula
If your phone is tri band and unlocked to net works
in the uk it will work if you just buy a pay as you go sim in aus ,but buying a sim in aus is not like buying one here if i can remember rightly we hade to provide passports and give address ect,
that's only if you're going on contract. I've never had to provide that infor for six pre pay phones with new sims.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you get it unlocked there will still be some settings which belong to the original provider so if you want to surf the net or send emails you will need to get your new provider to send you their settings via sms.

I have never needed to unlock a phone here, I usually get my son's handmedowns from UK unlocked by "the little man in the market" before I go.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
that's only if you're going on contract. I've never had to provide that infor for six pre pay phones with new sims.
To activate our sim cards for Virgin, Telstra, and Optus we had to give postal address to all these service providers. All to do with being able to trace mobile phone calls. We were told this is for security purposes. This is not a bad thing in this present time

John
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Well first you need your IMEI number... from that you can calculate your unlock code. Its easier on some makes of phone than others.
For some phones you need to do it properly with a cable. My samsung needed to be, I could have tried with an unlock code from the internet but that would have reset the IMEI to all 0's which blocks the phone on some networks.