Unlock codes

Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all
Default Unlock codes

Any suggestions on how to get a phone unlocked. We are in Australia and we bought the phone in the UK.

Nat X
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:02 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlock codes

1. what kinda phone, would bloody help !!!!

2. goto a phone shop.

3. google it

4. search the forum.

5 be a tad more specific
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
1. what kinda phone, would bloody help !!!!

2. goto a phone shop.

3. google it

4. search the forum.

5 be a tad more specific
Sorry for not being more specific - it was more of a general question asking if it was possible to unlock a phone when already in Oz - the phone is a Sony Ericsson.

Nat
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Isn't it the network provider that "locks" the phone, so what matters is the network rather than the specific phone model? My son had a pre-paid virgin mobile and when I went into a virgin shop I was told it would cost $75 to unlock - I bought him a new one for $99. You can get an unlock code for Vodafone phones online - I think it's $25 cheaper to do that rather than taking it to a shop. If you've had the phone less than 6 months they charge more.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Isn't it the network provider that "locks" the phone, so what matters is the network rather than the specific phone model? My son had a pre-paid virgin mobile and when I went into a virgin shop I was told it would cost $75 to unlock - I bought him a new one for $99. You can get an unlock code for Vodafone phones online - I think it's $25 cheaper to do that rather than taking it to a shop. If you've had the phone less than 6 months they charge more.
Hi we are still in UK wife gave me money for my birthday to buy mobile surely if you buy phone in UK just get them to unlock it here does it matter what type of phone it is ? then just change the sim card is that right sorry but i,m not that techy minded TA
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gormac
Hi we are still in UK wife gave me money for my birthday to buy mobile surely if you buy phone in UK just get them to unlock it here does it matter what type of phone it is ? then just change the sim card is that right sorry but i,m not that techy minded TA
If your phone is tri band and unlocked to net works
in the uk it will work if you just buy a pay as you go sim in aus ,but buying a sim in aus is not like buying one here if i can remember rightly we hade to provide passports and give address ect,
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

Originally Posted by grahampaula
If your phone is tri band and unlocked to net works
in the uk it will work if you just buy a pay as you go sim in aus ,but buying a sim in aus is not like buying one here if i can remember rightly we hade to provide passports and give address ect,
do you think I should just wait till I get to OZ and buy one there ? it,s just I heard it was better to buy mobile here in UK TA in Advance
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:52 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

do you think I should just wait till I get to OZ and buy one there ? it,s just I heard it was better to buy mobile here in UK TA in Advance
sorry guys but this is piss easy!!
get your phone unlocked here, most markets will have a stall that does it. Or, ask your provider for the PUK code to enable you to use any sim on it. Sim card in Oz is too easy as well on a PAYG deal, in fact, search EBay for autralian vodaphone cards and a guy there does them for you (even helps with your phone unlock as well). So, if you have a UK phone all you do is a)unlock it b) get a PAYG sim card for Oz either online on EBay or at the airport when you arrive then c) use it!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

We took our uk phone and it worked fine so dont see why not, but they do have cheap phone shops there just like the uk so i wouldnt loose sleep about it
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paddyo
get your phone unlocked here, most markets will have a stall that does it. Or, ask your provider for the PUK code to enable you to use any sim on it. Sim card in Oz is too easy as well on a PAYG deal, in fact, search EBay for autralian vodaphone cards and a guy there does them for you (even helps with your phone unlock as well). So, if you have a UK phone all you do is a)unlock it b) get a PAYG sim card for Oz either online on EBay or at the airport when you arrive then c) use it!!
Paddyyo you a gem thats all I wanted to know I can go and spend my birthday money on new moby now so from Busby in Glasgow thanks again
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:02 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paddyo
A PUK will not unlock your sim to all networks thats just for if you put your pin in wrong 3 times and it gets blocked. ask your SP about unlatching in uk they charge about £25 and send you the code and procedure or alternatively take it to practically any mobile stall on a market and they should be able to unlock it with thier magic box
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

ccraig is an unknown quantity at this point

If your phone is pay as you go then you may need to have it in use for 12 months before the network will unlock it as this is how they subsidize giving you the phone at the price they gave it to you at.

If you havent, just do what gormac has suggested and get a shop in chinatown to assist in any major city in Oz.

P.S Phones arent pricey in oz
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:53 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...cr%3DcountryAU

Phones can be pricey in Australia !
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Glw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant future

If I purchased a Vodafone phone in the UK, could I put a Vodafone SIM in it from Australia without the need to unlock the phone?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:05 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glw88
If I purchased a Vodafone phone in the UK, could I put a Vodafone SIM in it from Australia without the need to unlock the phone?
no.....cos its Vodaphone Australia you would be using......just unlock the bloody thing and use a PAYG card in Oz!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.