Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trip to the UK - flying with Qantas - Luggage allowance?

Trip to the UK - flying with Qantas - Luggage allowance?

Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:08 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trip to the UK - flying with Qantas - Luggage allowance?

Hi, I have just checked my Qantas booking and it says that I will have 23kg luggage allowance the whole way through, from Brisbane to Belfast, has anybody had any problems once they get onto their domestic flight from London with that amount of luggage?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trip to the UK - flying with Qantas - Luggage allowance?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Hi, I have just checked my Qantas booking and it says that I will have 23kg luggage allowance the whole way through, from Brisbane to Belfast, has anybody had any problems once they get onto their domestic flight from London with that amount of luggage?
Trust Qantas, they aren't lying You'll have been checked all the way through from Brisbane, it'll be fine - unless you've booked bucket price with someone like Ryanair where you have to pay extra for baggage and get no free allowance

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 12th 2012 at 8:14 am.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

No, but I had problems when I came home from London. Thanks to stocking up on Le Creuset, 23kg wasn't enough!

Cheers

LG
Old Feb 12th 2012, 9:02 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Trust Qantas, they aren't lying You'll have been checked all the way through from Brisbane, it'll be fine - unless you've booked bucket price with someone like Ryanair where you have to pay extra for baggage and get no free allowance
haha @ trust Qantas - what AREEEE you implying lol
Old Feb 12th 2012, 9:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

haha @ trust Qantas - what AREEEE you implying lol
They haven't let me down yet :fingerscrossed; in fact they quite often extend my holiday
Who is the Belfast flight with? If its someone like bmi or BA you'll be fine
Old Feb 12th 2012, 9:45 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They haven't let me down yet :fingerscrossed; in fact they quite often extend my holiday
Who is the Belfast flight with? If its someone like bmi or BA you'll be fine
Yeah it's one of those! 27 sleeps to gooooo!!!
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Alisclar is an unknown quantity at this point

Booked flights through to Scotland and with Qantas, no issues with 23kg each.
If it were to Heathrow then we'd booked a separate flight up North I reckon there might have been a problem.
Hope you don't get the Qantas plane we came back with, no inflight entertainment due to "software" fault.
Going out was good though on the A380
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back, A380 from London to Sing, 747 from Sing to Syd.

747 feels like a beat up old relic these days.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Alisclar is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, the 747 we were in on the way back "looked" tired when we approached to go on it.

All was confirmed when we were in it.....