British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Trip to the UK - flying with Qantas - Luggage allowance? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/trip-uk-flying-qantas-luggage-allowance-748212/)

Jen1977ni Feb 12th 2012 8:08 am

Trip to the UK - flying with Qantas - Luggage allowance?

Hi, I have just checked my Qantas booking and it says that I will have 23kg luggage allowance the whole way through, from Brisbane to Belfast, has anybody had any problems once they get onto their domestic flight from London with that amount of luggage?

Pollyana Feb 12th 2012 8:11 am

Re: Trip to the UK - flying with Qantas - Luggage allowance?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 9897434)
Hi, I have just checked my Qantas booking and it says that I will have 23kg luggage allowance the whole way through, from Brisbane to Belfast, has anybody had any problems once they get onto their domestic flight from London with that amount of luggage?

Trust Qantas, they aren't lying ;) You'll have been checked all the way through from Brisbane, it'll be fine - unless you've booked bucket price with someone like Ryanair where you have to pay extra for baggage and get no free allowance

lonndongeek Feb 12th 2012 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 9897434)

No, but I had problems when I came home from London. Thanks to stocking up on Le Creuset, 23kg wasn't enough!

Cheers

LG

Jen1977ni Feb 12th 2012 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9897438)
Trust Qantas, they aren't lying ;) You'll have been checked all the way through from Brisbane, it'll be fine - unless you've booked bucket price with someone like Ryanair where you have to pay extra for baggage and get no free allowance

haha @ trust Qantas - what AREEEE you implying lol

Pollyana Feb 12th 2012 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 9897492)
haha @ trust Qantas - what AREEEE you implying lol

They haven't let me down yet :fingerscrossed; in fact they quite often extend my holiday :thumbup:
Who is the Belfast flight with? If its someone like bmi or BA you'll be fine :)

Jen1977ni Feb 12th 2012 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9897524)
They haven't let me down yet :fingerscrossed; in fact they quite often extend my holiday :thumbup:
Who is the Belfast flight with? If its someone like bmi or BA you'll be fine :)

Yeah it's one of those! 27 sleeps to gooooo!!!

Alisclar Feb 13th 2012 3:47 am

Booked flights through to Scotland and with Qantas, no issues with 23kg each.
If it were to Heathrow then we'd booked a separate flight up North I reckon there might have been a problem.
Hope you don't get the Qantas plane we came back with, no inflight entertainment due to "software" fault.
Going out was good though on the A380

Beoz Feb 14th 2012 2:20 am

Just got back, A380 from London to Sing, 747 from Sing to Syd.

747 feels like a beat up old relic these days.

Alisclar Feb 14th 2012 3:48 am

Yeah, the 747 we were in on the way back "looked" tired when we approached to go on it.

All was confirmed when we were in it..... :unsure: