Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travelling to The Uk and Back to Australia

Travelling to The Uk and Back to Australia

Old Aug 19th 2021, 3:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to The Uk and Back to Australia

Originally Posted by Blunderingblunderbuss
I did Listen to a podcast about travelling to the UK , it was called Britstralian podcast, episode4 was the one about travel ling to the UK, the company featured is called British travel , they are in WA but supply tickets all over oz , maybe the podcast might be useful?
British travel is just an ordinary travel agent selling flights, they can't do anything to help people get permission to leave/enter Oz. There are plenty of flights advertised by airlines and travel agents to leave the country, it's getting the government exemption that's the stumbling block.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Blunderingblunderbuss is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmmmm I am not saying they can definitely help , but according to the podcast they help people fill in the exemption form , but of course the podcast is old , circumstances have changed , and I have not been through the process myself so you might be right , or you might be wrong
Old Aug 19th 2021, 5:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blunderingblunderbuss
mmmmmm I am not saying they can definitely help , but according to the podcast they help people fill in the exemption form , but of course the podcast is old , circumstances have changed , and I have not been through the process myself so you might be right , or you might be wrong
It's not a matter of being right or wrong, I was just giving some factual information. A lot of people rely on BE so members sometimes expand on posts.

A lot of travel companies probably do assist clients with completing their exemption forms if necessary. For those reading this thread who'd like the Home Office's published guidelines on exemptions, see here https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia
Old Mar 11th 2022, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point

So, i'm finally going back for a visit in April
I've had 2 jabs but not had the booster.
Does anyone know if I need to get it? & do i have to have any tests prior to leaving the country?
Thanks in advance & my apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseum
Old Mar 11th 2022, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on your route, I think Singapore still requires a test even if just transiting but Qatar doesn’t unless you want to leave the airport. Uk no tests required and no pre paperwork either soon. Spain definitely requires recent vax/booster not sure re Uk. But who knows next week!
Old Mar 11th 2022, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ponface
Does anyone know if I need to get it? & do i have to have any tests prior to leaving the country?
Just returned from a 2 week trip to Oz. Travelled with Singapore Airlines via Singapore. In order to get into Australia needed negative supervised RAT test, proof of vaccination (2 jabs only) and the DPD form.

To get into UK Passenger Locator Form. Proof of vaccination.

Could even roam Singapore Airport; unlike at Christmas where we were held in holding area.

HTH
Old Mar 16th 2022, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponface
No idea on boosters. Did a booster in early Dec, it's easy, just get it done. Saves on the hassle and it might save your life.

As for testing, no requirement travelling on Emirates through Dubai to UK providing you are just transiting. On return to Australia a PCR or supervised RAT or LAT flow is required.