Tiling.

Old Sep 9th 2004, 2:40 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiling.

What an interesting debate you guys have been having, sorry to deviate from the tiling theme a tad. but whats the situation with regard to lights?
If ive decorated a room in a house and dont like the existing light hanging on the ceiling can I change it? I mean flick the switch in the fuse box, undo the 3 screws in the light fitting, take down my light, put up my new one, reconnect the cables and flick my fuse switch back on. Will I get a slap wrist for doing this? I hope not as im due a fair few slaps otherwise

Sure I would get a sparky in if I wanted to add a whole new light in somewhere but surely i havent got to go through this each time i want to replace a light have I ?
Steve
Old Sep 9th 2004, 3:27 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve99
What an interesting debate you guys have been having, sorry to deviate from the tiling theme a tad. but whats the situation with regard to lights?
If ive decorated a room in a house and dont like the existing light hanging on the ceiling can I change it? I mean flick the switch in the fuse box, undo the 3 screws in the light fitting, take down my light, put up my new one, reconnect the cables and flick my fuse switch back on. Will I get a slap wrist for doing this? I hope not as im due a fair few slaps otherwise

Sure I would get a sparky in if I wanted to add a whole new light in somewhere but surely i havent got to go through this each time i want to replace a light have I ?
Steve
What is electrical work?

The Electrical Safety Act 2002 includes as electrical work - installation, maintenance, repair, removal or replacement of electrical equipment.
http://www.eso.qld.gov.au/publicat/law/

you are not "supposed" to touch the wiring by law , ie reconnect the cables in your case. ( don't know if WA is the same)
Old Sep 9th 2004, 3:34 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Ceri
What is electrical work?

The Electrical Safety Act 2002 includes as electrical work - installation, maintenance, repair, removal or replacement of electrical equipment.
http://www.eso.qld.gov.au/publicat/law/

you are not "supposed" to touch the wiring by law , ie reconnect the cables in your case. ( don't know if WA is the same)
bugger. I changed a light bulb the other day.

Old Sep 9th 2004, 3:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Badge
bugger. I changed a light bulb the other day.
That must have been a taxing job job for you ( only joking!)you can legally change a light bulb.
I'm not even going to go into this wiring subject.. or I'll have all the sparkies up in arms..lol.

My hubby used to wire up houses as young as 9 years old believe it or not .. one of his family members who was an electrican at the time used to send him down the attics to where an adult had diffculty getting to..It would be called child abuse today.. but he used to love it ( just in school holidays) .. I won't even go into his father teaching him how to make bombs.. I'm killing myself laughing.. it sounds if we are all loons dosen't it.