Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PSS - where is our furniture?

PSS - where is our furniture?

Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default PSS - where is our furniture?

Well, it was supposed to land in Brisbane on the 21/22nd August. We rang then about the 1st September only to be told that it wont be in port untill the 2nd. It apparenly stopped off in Sidney, now, they must have known about that before, why didn't we get an email telling us?

We had about 5 days before we moved into our new rental, we thought it would be in Cairns either that week or the next. Now they tell us it is could take up to 4 more weeks If they had kept us informed we could have held off finding a house so quickly.

We are not sleeping on airbeds, have had to buy essentials for cooking, sleeping etc. All this cost money!

A really angry expat!!!!
Mandy
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PSS - where is our furniture?

Originally Posted by scrawni
Well, it was supposed to land in Brisbane on the 21/22nd August. We rang then about the 1st September only to be told that it wont be in port untill the 2nd. It apparenly stopped off in Sidney, now, they must have known about that before, why didn't we get an email telling us?

We had about 5 days before we moved into our new rental, we thought it would be in Cairns either that week or the next. Now they tell us it is could take up to 4 more weeks If they had kept us informed we could have held off finding a house so quickly.

We are not sleeping on airbeds, have had to buy essentials for cooking, sleeping etc. All this cost money!

A really angry expat!!!!
Mandy

When we rang Bishops Move to enquire about the whereabouts of our container 6 or 7 weeks after they took the stuff away we were told "Tilbury"

We had to buy all sorts of crap to tide us over.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 2:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience, whatever they tell you is garbage - ***** ******** were still saying 3 of my boxes were "left in Tilbury and now lost without trace" when they were actually being delivered in Brisbane........
Old Sep 9th 2004, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
In my experience, whatever they tell you is garbage - ***** ******** were still saying 3 of my boxes were "left in Tilbury and now lost without trace" when they were actually being delivered in Brisbane........

Well at least we are not the only ones. I just wish they would be honest from the start. At least you will be able to organise yourself better. Maybe we should send them all the receipts for the things we have had to buy?

Mandy
Old Sep 9th 2004, 4:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've seen on here, people following us out actually are taking notice of our experiences Mandy....for instance I've seen several threads saying that people won't use ***** ********. So I guess by publishing details of shoddy service, we are hitting them where it hurts - in the pocket