Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:51 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

They have finished all the ceilings and the coving now
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-14.09.07-004.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-14.09.07-005.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-14.09.07-007.jpg  
Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Its looking great now, i bet you are sooo excited to see the finished result now !!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
They have finished all the ceilings and the coving now
How come the ceilings are at different levels?? Is is a design thing? I am assuming that there will be little round lights in the 2nd picture??

Sorry if I am sounding a bit blonde........
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tracey O
How come the ceilings are at different levels?? Is is a design thing? I am assuming that there will be little round lights in the 2nd picture??

The lower bit is above the kitchen to 'define the area', The higher bit just looks good (it must do as I have them too and are set to become a design classic that will add thousands to the resale value )

Last edited by Gjn200; Sep 15th 2007 at 9:20 am.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 10:04 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

You look blonde in the photo

The kitchen ceiling is what is known as a bulkhead, as Gjn200 says, helps define the kitchen area, but is a type of feature ceiling.

The other one is in the theatre room, and is called a coffered ceiling. That again is a feature ceiling, and will have downlights in the middle, which dim.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

You look blonde in the photo

The kitchen ceiling is what is known as a bulkhead, as Gjn200 says, helps define the kitchen area, but is a type of feature ceiling.

The other one is in the theatre room, and is called a coffered ceiling. That again is a feature ceiling, and will have downlights in the middle, which dim.

I am more of a mouse, but my friends will tell you different

Ahh that makes sense. Dimmer lights in the Theatre, that'll be sooo cool.

I like the idea of dipping and raising ceilings in the house, I suppose if it's all opened planned it certainly gives the rooms individualality (sp).

Can't wait to have my own home out there

x
Old Sep 16th 2007, 3:18 pm

I am more of a mouse, but my friends will tell you different

Ahh that makes sense. Dimmer lights in the Theatre, that'll be sooo cool.

I like the idea of dipping and raising ceilings in the house, I suppose if it's all opened planned it certainly gives the rooms individualality (sp).

Can't wait to have my own home out there

x
When are you coming over?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Tweenies
Its looking great now, i bet you are sooo excited to see the finished result now !!
Getting more excited every day!

They've took the wood supports out of the alfresco door frame so I would think they would be going to lock up the house quite soon

Fingers crossed
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

When are you coming over?

Well we should exhange our contracts for the house today, so all being well, we are aiming for the 5th November. Hope it's summertime then, it's getting a tad chilly over here now!

x
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:13 pm

Well we should exhange our contracts for the house today, so all being well, we are aiming for the 5th November. Hope it's summertime then, it's getting a tad chilly over here now!

x
November will be nice and warm
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Shorts and Teeshirts at the ready ??

Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:20 pm

Shorts and Teeshirts at the ready ??

Definitely
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

x
We came on the 5th November last year!!! It was beautiful. We were on the beach straight away.
Tracie
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:50 pm

It took us 3 months to get to the beach!

That was just because neither of us could drive
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:10 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
We came on the 5th November last year!!! It was beautiful. We were on the beach straight away.
Tracie
That's my birithday, although it was my 40 th last year and I spent the day in bed with a hangover (at least i think that was what it was called )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.