British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Tiawamutu's House Build (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/tiawamutus-house-build-429618/)

Tiawamutu Feb 22nd 2007 4:31 pm

Tiawamutu's House Build

4 Attachment(s)
I know there are people on BE who enjoy reading the threads about new house builds. So I am going to start another one off, and hope to be posting pictures on a regular basis as the whole build progresses, from start to finish.

We're very excited, and never dreamt we'd be able to build a house, but an 'off the plan' home came our way, and the floor plan was just exactly how we wanted it. Although 3 x price of our house in UK, still within our budget (just! :eek:)

Just to give you some background info, we're building in a new suburb called Somerly in Perth, with Impressions Homes. When finished, it will be a 4x2 house on 500sq metres. The building is just about to commence in the next week or so, and some preparations have already started :thumbup:

For anyone who wants to know any info on the whole thing, feel free to ask and I will try my best to help

Here goes......

First lot of pictures of the plot of land. The floor plan is the same as ours.

Tiawamutu Feb 22nd 2007 4:47 pm

Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

2 Attachment(s)
Those last pictures taken about a month ago. We have since been to pre start, and selected all our colour schemes, from the colour of roof, brick and render outside, to everything inside.

Today I went up to see if anything else had happened and got dead excited when I saw a digger just over from our plot, flattening out the land. :o

I also noticed some taps near our plot. Must be to supply water for when the building begins, so shouldn't be too long now. :thumbup:

Lol if I'm I'm getting excited over bl**dy taps, god help me when they get started properly! :eek: :rofl:

Vash the Stampede Feb 22nd 2007 4:54 pm

Hell's teeth, that's a pretty big house! :eek:

Nice design; that style is very popular in Perth, and I rather like it myself.

Good for you, Tiawamutu - hope it all goes well. :)

herrchook Feb 22nd 2007 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu (Post 4442465)
I know there are people on BE who enjoy reading the threads about new house builds. So I am going to start another one off, and hope to be posting pictures on a regular basis as the whole build progresses, from start to finish.

We're very excited, and never dreamt we'd be able to build a house, but an 'off the plan' home came our way, and the floor plan was just exactly how we wanted it. Although 3 x price of our house in UK, still within our budget (just! :eek:)

Just to give you some background info, we're building in a new suburb called Somerly in Perth, with Impressions Homes. When finished, it will be a 4x2 house on 500sq metres. The building is just about to commence in the next week or so, and some preparations have already started :thumbup:

For anyone who wants to know any info on the whole thing, feel free to ask and I will try my best to help

Here goes......

First lot of pictures of the plot of land. The floor plan is the same as ours.

Love the floor plan. Best of luck with the build guys, I hope it goes smoothly for you. Can't wait to here all about it over the coming months:D

RooksieJ Feb 22nd 2007 6:12 pm

Good luck with it matey :thumbup:

possoms Feb 22nd 2007 8:17 pm

Nice one Tri-Puss :thumbup:

shears Feb 22nd 2007 8:23 pm

"Lol if I'm I'm getting excited over bl**dy taps, god help me when they get started properly"

I don't think anyone would blame you - it's gonna be great :D

oliverandlisa Feb 22nd 2007 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by shears (Post 4443269)
"Lol if I'm I'm getting excited over bl**dy taps, god help me when they get started properly"

I don't think anyone would blame you - it's gonna be great :D

Oliver is very keen on your theatre room... now he wants one too!

wardy2 Feb 22nd 2007 9:11 pm

I hope you go all the way Tiawamutu ;)

Last time I read one of these threads I never saw the finished house they didn't put it on.

Looks great though

Best wishes

Kaye :)

bridie Feb 22nd 2007 11:32 pm

Nice one :thumbup:

We were very excited when they started ours, we used to come down here all the time and see the progress, starting from just getting a road in at all and the day we had tarmac - well!!

Hope you have a stress free build :thumbup:

Tiawamutu Feb 23rd 2007 3:35 am

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I really do hope it goes smoothly, as I've heard some stories on this site in the past.

I'm going up again today, to see if that digger has started on our plot yet.http://209.85.48.11/3123/41/emo/fingerscrossed.gif

Will keep you posted :D

Tiawamutu Feb 23rd 2007 3:45 am

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa (Post 4443381)
Oliver is very keen on your theatre room... now he wants one too!

So is hubby. He's bought the new surround system already! (whilst we've still got money ;) :lol:)

We are having an intelligent home package (smart wiring), so all the wiring is inside the walls and we will have internet connection in there (as well as computer nook, and other rooms) so he can play his x-box 360 online :rolleyes:

Well I've gotta allow him to have something to keep him happy, and keep him out of my way! ;) :rofl:

Tiawamutu Feb 23rd 2007 3:49 am

Originally Posted by wardy2 (Post 4443420)
I hope you go all the way Tiawamutu ;)

Last time I read one of these threads I never saw the finished house they didn't put it on.

Looks great though

Best wishes

Kaye :)

I'll definitely be going all the way Kaye! ;) :D

I know what you mean. I followed one all the way through, and they never ended up showing the finished house with landscaping done. Bit of a let down when you've seen hundreds of photo's already :ohmy:

Tiggs+Graz Feb 23rd 2007 7:14 am

Ooh i have been waiting for this thread!!
Make sure you keep those photos coming!!!

hugs
Adele x

sassie Feb 23rd 2007 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu (Post 4444549)
So is hubby. He's bought the new surround system already! (whilst we've still got money ;) :lol:)

We are having an intelligent home package (smart wiring), so all the wiring is inside the walls and we will have internet connection in there (as well as computer nook, and other rooms) so he can play his x-box 360 online :rolleyes:

Well I've gotta allow him to have something to keep him happy, and keep him out of my way! ;) :rofl:

Hi there. good luck with the build. Hope it goes as smoothly as ours did.

We've got the whole surround sound thing happening as well, although ours is in the lounge, not a separate theatre room. When our house was being built, at frame stage, just before all the giprock went up, my OH put all the speaker cabling up himself, so he could connect it all up when we moved in. I couldn't bear to watch when he was cutting out 6 holes in my ceiling, but have to admit he did a great job, and it all looks and sounds great.