Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:10 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i didnt know what you were going to say there!
i thought we were getting into the land of too much info

A x
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:46 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Plasterers (renderers) were in again today. They did the master bedroom, ensuite and walk in robe, and finished the other side of the house where the three other bedrooms, and the laundry cupboard area.

All they have to do now is the theatre room, living/dining/kitchen area, computer nook and the passage, then they'll be done with the inside render
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-image016.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-image021.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-image023.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-image024.jpg  

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Sep 6th 2007 at 4:33 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:28 pm
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute

Its really coming on now but you are going to loose a lot of heat into the roof space

Jon
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely!

I take it the new neighbours aren't BE members....cos we would have heard about it before, right?
xx
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:05 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee Family
Its really coming on now but you are going to loose a lot of heat into the roof space

Jon
dont worry, the fact that the house has no eves will let all the heat you need back in.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Lee Family

Jon
I thought we would have a feature roof. Be a bit different you know
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Lovely!

I take it the new neighbours aren't BE members....cos we would have heard about it before, right?
xx
No she's not a BE member. She's a nurse at the hospital I work at though. Fancy that
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by youngy73
dont worry, the fact that the house has no eves will let all the heat you need back in.
I wasn't worrying.

At least it will be nice and bright, as the house next door (which has eves), is a bit dark in some of the rooms, I thought.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I wasn't worrying.

At least it will be nice and bright, as the house next door (which has eves), is a bit dark in some of the rooms, I thought.
They usually have eves for a reason, if I didn't have eves my house would be like an oven in the summer.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
They usually have eves for a reason, if I didn't have eves my house would be like an oven in the summer.
All houses don't have to have them though. If they did, they wouldn't pass the plans for new houses to be built without them.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

All houses don't have to have them though. If they did, they wouldn't pass the plans for new houses to be built without them.
No they don't have to have them, that isn't what I meant. I meant some houses without eves depending on which way they face would get too hot.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:33 am

Anyway....went down today after the hailstones had stopped

They have got on really well and done most of the place now. Just the passage and a couple two smallish walls to do, then they that's it for the internal render.

Started to p*** down again once I was there (thank god we have roof!) and a gorgeous rainbow came out. Well two actually
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-07.09.07-002.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-07.09.07-003.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-07.09.07-012.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-07.09.07-008.jpg  

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Sep 7th 2007 at 9:42 am.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

Anyway....went down today after the hailstones had stopped

They have got on really well and done most of the place now. Just the passage and a couple two smallish walls to do, then they that's it for the internal render.

Started to p*** down again once I was there (thank god we have roof!) and a gorgeous rainbow came out. Well two actually
looking really good, you will be in there and enjoying it before you know it.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:41 am

looking really good, you will be in there and enjoying it before you know it.
Hope so
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:59 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

i reckon you need atleast 800mm eves to keep the sun out. we only have 600mm at the moment and the blinds remain closed on all of the windows to keep the sun out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.