Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Those who go back...?

Those who go back...?

Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:36 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those who go back...?

Originally Posted by hevs
I take it that was said tounge in cheek too

I hope so, I didn't realise what I had written was likely to offend
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
I hope so, I didn't realise what I had written was likely to offend
people obviously hold lettuce very dear to their heart on here
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

I take it that was said tounge in cheek too
Of Kos is was.

(sorry to reuse an old joke)
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:48 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

people obviously hold lettuce very dear to their heart on here

Or when its $4 they hold very dear hearts of lettuce.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:50 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

don't you just hate it when prices rocket
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Let-us not dwell on this any longer
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:58 pm
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by darkless

Let-us not dwell on this any longer

I won't romaine on this subject if you won't.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:06 pm
Brisbane 7th December

pocketdynamo125 is an unknown quantity at this point

I won't romaine on this subject if you won't.
Kos that would just be silly, wouldn't it?
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pocketdynamo125
Kos that would just be silly, wouldn't it?

The price is just the tip of the Iceburg.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:25 pm
Brisbane 7th December

pocketdynamo125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinaj
The price is just the tip of the Iceburg.
LOL (LO ROSSO)
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:27 pm
High in the Dandenongs

If you lot carry on i'm reporting you to the mods, then heads will roll......
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:32 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

If you lot carry on i'm reporting you to the mods, then heads will roll......
Webb's wonderful in that respect
Old Sep 10th 2004, 1:07 pm
Keelie

Originally Posted by podgypossum
I personally do not like the trend here of building houses all squashed up close together, but thats just my taste. I dont htink it is fair to slag Aus off for modern housing estates though. What choice do they have? We forget that this is a very young country by world standards. It cannot possibly have the array of old and character built houses that Europe has. It hasnt been around long enough.

I was thinking about the comments made about those who are unhappy and want to go home, who are too scared to post here. I dont think its fair to say they would get a slagging off. I cant remember anyone coming on here who hs opened up their heart and expressed their feelings being abused. Those who come on and abuse Australia, making sweeping generalisations and assuming everyone who comes here will have the same opinion and if they dont they must be somehow inferior to them, really are opening themselves up for it, but genuine sadness, loneliness and heartache is never ridiculed as far as i am aware. (might be wrong)
Just noticed your post...surprised to hear that you've never noticed any 'slagging' here. ?
Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but who's to say when a poster isn't sincere ?
I do wonder about your "opening themselves up for it" remark.

Some people are disingenuous...the mind-games are what keeps them stoked.
No one is imposing their view on others when they're sincerely speaking their mind, and how do you judge who is or isn't being sincere?
If you don't like what your reading, does that mean they deserve to be 'slagged' ? Who is the board monitor here who decides such things ?

Personally I feel that it takes a real character defect to view one's own feelings as more valid or worthy than others.
It just seems undignified to slag people, not to mention cowardly.

Enjoying being insulting is kid's thing..' you just lose your taste for it ..at least most of us do.
I think I'm coming to the end of my interest in this forum, it was fun for awhile, but it's deteriorated as of late.

I've attemped to share experiences and impressions...good and not-so-good about Oz. and N.Z. but I get the distinct feeling that I've ruffled some ego's..a few have taken offence were none was meant. That's it for now.

Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Keelie
Just noticed your post...surprised to hear that you've never noticed any 'slagging' here. ?
Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but who's to say when a poster isn't sincere ?
I do wonder about your "opening themselves up for it" remark.

Some people are disingenuous...the mind-games are what keeps them stoked.
No one is imposing their view on others when they're sincerely speaking their mind, and how do you judge who is or isn't being sincere?
If you don't like what your reading, does that mean they deserve to be 'slagged' ? Who is the board monitor here who decides such things ?

Personally I feel that it takes a real character defect to view one's own feelings as more valid or worthy than others.
It just seems undignified to slag people, not to mention cowardly.

Enjoying being insulting is kid's thing..' you just lose your taste for it ..at least most of us do.
I think I'm coming to the end of my interest in this forum, it was fun for awhile, but it's deteriorated as of late.

I've attemped to share experiences and impressions...good and not-so-good about Oz. and N.Z. but I get the distinct feeling that I've ruffled some ego's..a few have taken offence were none was meant. That's it for now.

Ummmm....who rattled you cage? where did i say ANYONE deserved to be slagged off?...maybe if you had been around for a little longer you'd be very aware that i rarely ever get involved in the childlike bullying, and antagonising antics that go on in here...it bores me shitless.
take a chill pill!!
Old Sep 10th 2004, 9:16 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Ummmm....who rattled you cage? where did i say ANYONE deserved to be slagged off?...maybe if you had been around for a little longer you'd be very aware that i rarely ever get involved in the childlike bullying, and antagonising antics that go on in here...it bores me shitless.
take a chill pill!!
I think I made the comments you were referring to PP. I said at the time to the persons concerned that I'd personally never seen anyone slated for being a failed immigrant. I assure you they're there, I searched their user names and found the posts in question. It wouldn't be fair to give you the links but check out the returning to the U.K part of the forum and you'll be shocked.
On another point, if you were feeling really low and prone to tears on a daily basis due in part to home sickness, failing to find a decent job etc. reading some of the posts here about the place you've just sunk your life savings into being referred to as "Decreption bay or Deadcliff" doesn't help a great deal.
Personally I think they're great synonyms they made me smile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.