Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things you get used to.........

Wikiposts

Things you get used to.........

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:06 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you get used to.........

Originally Posted by Bix
Have to be. Don't want to let down the customers do we ?
So come on the suspense is killing me.....what do you get from her? ( no jokes)
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I have goods to export and she provides the transport to take them to the port for shipment.

About 10 lorries a week
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:23 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I have goods to export and she provides the transport to take them to the port for shipment.

About 10 lorries a week
Phew...what on earth made me think it was illicite Sex...
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Phew...what on earth made me think it was illicite Sex...
it never crossed my mind you would take it that way
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Bix
it never crossed my mind you would take it that way
I know i am such an innocent young lady
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hevs
We've been here 18 months now and i'd just like to say hand on heart that i love it here now.

I have been really homesick and blamed it on Aus being crap, but it isn't crap its just different. The chocolate is starting to taste nice, i like beetroot cos its not canned in nasty vinegar and i even managed to go clothes shopping and got stuff that fits.

My top loader is still crap (though only a year old) and i will change it as soon as i have the money, my house is still a "renovators delight" but with the defasit of the move nearly over and the financial ground being made up we will have the money to fix it up very soon. I still miss central heating and double glazing, but have sourced both and it will be here soon, no more blue fingers to sit and type with

The kids school is slower and more relaxed, but my kids are happier and will turn out just the same as they would have in the UK going to school 18 months younger, again its just different...

Theres heaps more stuff that is different, but now i have accepted the fact that it is not crap, just different i'm ok with it all now and feel so much more happy and settled. I still miss people and that is sometimes still heartbreaking i am finding that we are all coping with it much better, but its still hard at times.

I suppose that i'm saying "don't fight it, feel it" and it can feel good if you let it. Roll on the next year and a half
Thanks for this HEVS, really needed it. I love Australia & can now even eat the mayo here , but tonight I made myself seriously homesick by going online & checking the webcam of the new telescope they built on the hill behind the house I lived in for 10 years. I could see that it was overcast and that there would be no observing done tonight and I could see the far-off blue hills & the wild open spaces and I felt soooo homesick. And I missed my dog terribly, she loved those open spaces and all the little wild things she could find and chase in the bush

Don't know why I did that, it was so stupid to do that to myself, but I guess it's due, I've been here for two years now.....
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 9:29 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

nice post hevs...cant beleive you have been there for 18 months, omg!

looks like bix is after your thread hi-jacker crown!! some pussies can be sooooo rude!!!

how are the kids adapting?

sue
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 10:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G'Day

Don't know why I did that, it was so stupid to do that to myself, but I guess it's due, I've been here for two years now.....
I know what you mean. The post was written after i'd just (for some inane reason) viewed the returning to the UK forum!! It made me start thinking, but most of the stuff people were missing are avaliable here, just different, apart from people and thats very tough. We left our dog behind, she was just 14 and we thought the flight would finish her off. Shes still going strong and will be 16 in september
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 10:48 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
nice post hevs...cant beleive you have been there for 18 months, omg!

looks like bix is after your thread hi-jacker crown!! some pussies can be sooooo rude!!!

how are the kids adapting?

sue
Hi Sue

I know that Bix is so rude, but the crown is miinnnee all mine *ha ha ha * evil cackle

The kids are sorted, Aussie accents are prevailing and they both love life here. We were thinking of trapsing back so that they could see everyone my daughter astounded us both with, "Oh god, do we have to?? I really can't be stuffed" hmmmmmmm
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 10:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I love this post; nice one Hevs.

I love the phrase, 'Don't fight it, feel it'. It sums things up in a nutshell. Perhaps that could become the official British Expats Aus Forum catch phrase!
Thanks, but i stole it from a primal scream CD

Thanks for liking my post, i was aiming it to thos who are walloing in homesickness at the mo and to say that sometimes it does go away and when it does its ace
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 10:51 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue
The kids are sorted, Aussie accents are prevailing and they both love life here. We were thinking of trapsing back so that they could see everyone my daughter astounded us both with, "Oh god, do we have to?? I really can't be stuffed" hmmmmmmm
cool!
glad to hear they are ok - my kids are my main worry, as they have quite a big family they love dearly - quite how they will adapt to the separation i dont know.

glad its all working out for you! the thought of you with that chainsaw still makes me chuckle....any more fires in holes??

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 10:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
cool!

glad its all working out for you! the thought of you with that chainsaw still makes me chuckle....any more fires in holes??
Finnar finnar

No. But i had my first car crash on wednesday after 19 years of driving. Unfortunatly i crashed my car into HUPs and trashed them both

Re the kids..... its what you make it for them i think. We travelled for 6 weeks, they saw stuff that they hadn't even drempt about and had 6 weeks off school. We like to think that we bought them into the idea

It was a fab start, and when there stuff arrived at our new house, our new home was made .When i see posts of people leaving all their stuff behind and dragging kids round the shops for the first few weeks i shudder, my 2 loathe bunnings, but other than that no lasting scars
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 11:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

Thanks to Vanessa Caz and loopy for your well wishes and to others for their karma
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

We've been here 18 months now and i'd just like to say hand on heart that i love it here now.

I have been really homesick and blamed it on Aus being crap, but it isn't crap its just different. The chocolate is starting to taste nice, i like beetroot cos its not canned in nasty vinegar and i even managed to go clothes shopping and got stuff that fits.

My top loader is still crap (though only a year old) and i will change it as soon as i have the money, my house is still a "renovators delight" but with the defasit of the move nearly over and the financial ground being made up we will have the money to fix it up very soon. I still miss central heating and double glazing, but have sourced both and it will be here soon, no more blue fingers to sit and type with

The kids school is slower and more relaxed, but my kids are happier and will turn out just the same as they would have in the UK going to school 18 months younger, again its just different...

Theres heaps more stuff that is different, but now i have accepted the fact that it is not crap, just different i'm ok with it all now and feel so much more happy and settled. I still miss people and that is sometimes still heartbreaking i am finding that we are all coping with it much better, but its still hard at times.

I suppose that i'm saying "don't fight it, feel it" and it can feel good if you let it. Roll on the next year and a half

Hi,
great post find these type of posts very informative. I am sure when you arrive in Aus the temptation is to compare and I hear many people try to that on here wanting to know how its different. We are going because we want something different, a different way of live, anew country with all it has to offer.

Its people I am going to miss but hopefeully some will come to visit.

Great to hear about kids in school , coz that is a concern to me, not a worry if we stay in Aus but if we really dont like it how they will fit back into the uk system particularly as 2 would be in the secondary system here. Did your children start school in UK or first in Aus?

Chris
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 9:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Finnar finnar

No. But i had my first car crash on wednesday after 19 years of driving. Unfortunatly i crashed my car into HUPs and trashed them both
ooooh Hevs! The Bloke is languishing in bed with the flu but something .like that could make him grin again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.