Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things you get used to.........

Wikiposts

Things you get used to.........

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:31 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you get used to.........

Originally Posted by Bix
I been to a party

My first Aus bday party
Who's party was it?.......take it you had a good time, are you a wee bit sozzled Bixie

Last edited by DIMO8; Apr 23rd 2005 at 3:34 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

I was thinking about this just the other day. We've been here just over 2 years now & things I didn't like when we arrived are just normal now, you get used to it & I struggle to remember things in the UK now. I know where everything is in the supermarket & don't really miss any foods now, in fact when people have brought stuff out for us it doesn't taste how I remembered at all! I used to dislike the fajita rub you get here cos it's different but after tasting the UK stuff recently I now prefer it, the Frazzles the kids got recently tasted too salty etc. You soon adapt!

Just go with the flow & be open to change. Some things are worse, some better, some just different!

Loopy
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:33 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
We've been here 18 months now and i'd just like to say hand on heart that i love it here now.

I have been really homesick and blamed it on Aus being crap, but it isn't crap its just different. The chocolate is starting to taste nice, i like beetroot cos its not canned in nasty vinegar and i even managed to go clothes shopping and got stuff that fits.

My top loader is still crap (though only a year old) and i will change it as soon as i have the money, my house is still a "renovators delight" but with the defasit of the move nearly over and the financial ground being made up we will have the money to fix it up very soon. I still miss central heating and double glazing, but have sourced both and it will be here soon, no more blue fingers to sit and type with

The kids school is slower and more relaxed, but my kids are happier and will turn out just the same as they would have in the UK going to school 18 months younger, again its just different...

Theres heaps more stuff that is different, but now i have accepted the fact that it is not crap, just different i'm ok with it all now and feel so much more happy and settled. I still miss people and that is sometimes still heartbreaking i am finding that we are all coping with it much better, but its still hard at times.

I suppose that i'm saying "don't fight it, feel it" and it can feel good if you let it. Roll on the next year and a half
Another nice post from you Hevs

Good to hear from someone who doesn't want an 'England in the sun' so to speak - and can adapt to the way of life here.

Cas
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Who's part was it.......take it you had a good time, are you a wee bit sozzled Bixie
Twas a lady acquaintance of mine who was 50 today.
A
kiwi who now lived in Aus now and i give her business.

I been here 5 months and its the first drink i had tonight cos i'mm usually driving. nearly forgot what beer taste like
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:39 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Twas a lady acquaintance of mine who was 50 today.
A
kiwi who now lived in Aus now and i give her business.

I been here 5 months and its the first drink i had tonight cos i'mm usually driving. nearly forgot what beer taste like
Good for you Bix...glad you had a good time.

I wont ask what type of buisness
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
and i give her business.
Does Da Boss know
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Bix...glad you had a good time.

I wont ask what type of buisness
Oh no, tis nuthin like that.

I give it and she takes it
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh no, tis nuthin like that.

I give it and she takes it
I take it there is money exchanged too
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:50 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I take it there is money exchanged too
Oh yes, I have to pay her.

She couldn't possibly do it for nothing.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh yes, I have to pay her.

She couldn't possibly do it for nothing.
Definatly not....i mean if she is providing you with quality stuff then of course you should pay her.....does it happen very often?
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

At the moment it's about 10 times a week but i think 4 is the most we managed in one day.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Bix
At the moment it's about 10 times a week but i think 4 is the most we managed in one day.
Wow 4 times a day.......you are a busy lion. I hope you have a good rest between buisness.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:00 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Wow 4 times a day.......you are a busy lion. I hope you have a good rest between buisness.
No time for rest, I have to organise the next lot.
Otherwise I won't be ready for her.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Bix
No time for rest, I have to organise the next lot.
Otherwise I won't be ready for her.
So thoughtful of you, making sure you ready for her each time
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:03 am
Bix
da Bonehead

So thoughtful of you, making sure you ready for her each time
Have to be. Don't want to let down the customers do we ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.