Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thin within..... 10 month update

Thin within..... 10 month update

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:48 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Thin within..... 10 month update

Hi everyone who was in on this particularly Michaela,
Well 10 months on I'm still at it, the dieting that is. No real weight loss to speak of between Jan and April but then started on Atkins. Finished Atkins beginning of Sept and started on You Are What You Eat. It's been a long old slog but am finally making headway. Stepped on scales today at 10s 12lbs. Have lost a total of 33lbs. With about 2 weeks to go until meds I may just make it down to 10s 8lbs which put me at a healthy weight for my height. If I can lose weight anyone can. Good luck to all who are still trying. Love and hugs.
Sarah
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:54 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thin within..... 10 month update

Originally Posted by teach
Well 10 months on I'm still at it, the dieting that is. No real weight loss to speak of between Jan and April but then started on Atkins. Finished Atkins beginning of Sept and started on You Are What You Eat. It's been a long old slog but am finally making headway. Stepped on scales today at 10s 12lbs. Have lost a total of 33lbs. With about 2 weeks to go until meds I may just make it down to 10s 8lbs which put me at a healthy weight for my height. If I can lose weight anyone can. Good luck to all who are still trying. Love and hugs.
Sarah
Just wanted to say well done...big achievement..i know how hard it can be. Ive been at target for 3 months now. Having lost 35 1bs in total with weight watchers. Feel and look the best i have in years...and it will NEVER go back on ( Mr D has refused to buy another new wardrobe)
Good luck with the remaining couple of pounds ( although they can be the hardest)
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:00 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Just wanted to say well done...big achievement..i know how hard it can be. Ive been at target for 3 months now. Having lost 35 1bs in total with weight watchers. Feel and look the best i have in years...and it will NEVER go back on ( Mr D has refused to buy another new wardrobe)
Good luck with the remaining couple of pounds ( although they can be the hardest)

God well done both of you..what an accomplishment! Im still trying to shift the last few post-baby pounds...not easy with Mr Snickers lurking in my cupboard!
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:09 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
God well done both of you..what an accomplishment! Im still trying to shift the last few post-baby pounds...not easy with Mr Snickers lurking in my cupboard!
It is so hard...especially when you have the little feeding monsters at side all day, too tempting sometimes. Most people are often shocked when i proudly tell them what i have lost, normal comments are " where the hell from" i must have wore the right clothes thats all i can say (or they are being kind). Wearing size 10 - 12 has given me such a lift and i am so happy. In fact i was more happy when i reached target than i was when i was recently promoted in work.
You will get there soon Lucy but as i said before the last few are the damn hardest to lose
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Sarah!!!!!
you are a superstar!!!
despite going to the gym regularly now, i have only managed about 10lb since january!!!
its the coffee cake and ice cream thats my downfall now *pushes tub of haagen daaz guiltily behind the settee*

well done, you must be well pleased with yourself!! may i be so bold as to ask how many dress sizes you have gone down??

sue
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 5:22 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah
For goodness sake Sarah, that is bloody fantastic!

I'm trying my hardest to shed a few pounds too so thanks for posting this, will make me even more determined to carry on, and yes, it is a hard slog but you've proven it's worth it.

GOOD ON YER!

D D
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 6:18 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Sarah, thats fantastic!!!!!!!

Have continued to yo-yo all year unfortunately, I thought I'd have a healthier diet here, but though I eat more fruit and salad, the bread, buns, cakes are tempting and filling the cadburys hole....and I seem to drink a lot more wine too!!
On the upside, its great to be able to swim in my own pool (though its only been warm enough the last month) and the fact that I generally fit into a size 10 here whereas it was a 12 in UK makes me less concerned anyway!

Good luck with the meds, keep us posted!

Michaela x
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 6:34 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Sarah
Sarah,

Well done - that is *really* impressive!

Which diet did you find worked the best for you?

Congrats!

Anya.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Well done you!

I've been weight watcher -ing for the past year and have lost 3 and a half stone so far. Still another couple to go. But I am SO much happier and more confident now.
Mt favourite bit is seeing people I haven't seen in ages and ages and having them look quizzically before realising it's you! That look as they realise and say OMG I didn't even recognise you is an enormous boost.

Good luck with the last few Sarah! I know how easy it can be to stagnate and stay the same for ages and ages.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:35 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=tiredwithtwins]OMG Sarah!!!!!
you are a superstar!!!
despite going to the gym regularly now, i have only managed about 10lb since january!!!
its the coffee cake and ice cream thats my downfall now *pushes tub of haagen daaz guiltily behind the settee*

well done, you must be well pleased with yourself!! may i be so bold as to ask how many dress sizes you have gone down??

sue [/QUOTE

Hiya Sue
I was buying 16's and just getting into them, so really I guess I must have been an 18. I now buy Asda 14 trousers and they are a bit loose around the waist and legs. I'm happy with that as I don't think I'll ever be a 12. I found that be going to the gym I was actually firmer but getting bigger, so I stopped doing all the working out and just increased by walking. I have a Nordic ski machine (well similiar) in the shed that I hop onto when I have a spare 15-20 mins. Maybe if I went on it more, I might have seen the results a little bit quicker. Ice cream is good once in a while, the British Heart Foundation actually recommend it, not sure about Haagen Daaz though, lol.
Best wishes.
Sarah
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:37 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by DIMO8
DIM08
Good on you. I get bigger with weight watchers which is what pushed me to try Atkins. Even though he wrote a book Atkins for life, I know it's not for me long term.
Sarah
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:41 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
For goodness sake Sarah, that is bloody fantastic!

I'm trying my hardest to shed a few pounds too so thanks for posting this, will make me even more determined to carry on, and yes, it is a hard slog but you've proven it's worth it.

GOOD ON YER!

D D
Keep at it DD, try You Are What You Eat. Not full on as you only have a few lbs to lose. She says have fruit at least 1/2 an hour before anything, never after a meal. Don't mix protein and carbs, and if you can add some pulses into your diet. That should see those few lbs melt away. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Isn't it amazing though how we women fool ourselves for so long that we are a certain size when realistically it's because we're forcing ourselves into something we shouldn't.
I was convinced I was a 22. Absolutely sure of it. Then gradually the odd 24 top started to creep in to my wardrobe. I rarely bought new trousers because I fitted into the ones I had. Fact is they were probably stretched into shape for me. I should definitely have been looking at size 24s by this time.

I guess that was what made me go WOAH! end the madness now. Now I'm in size 16 bottoms and size 18 tops ( cursed or blessed, depending on how you feel, with huge bazoombas) and feel comfortable and look and feel much healthier.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:50 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Sarah,

Well done - that is *really* impressive!

Which diet did you find worked the best for you?

Congrats!

Anya.
Hi Anya,
Atkins shifted the first stone and a half but only at a rate of a lb here and there. A girl I work with was losing 4-6lb a week. She was big though, about 7 stone over weight, where I only (I say only loosely) had 2 and a half. If you follow it to the letter and take supplements it's ok on a short term basis. I wouldn't agree with anyone that you can use it as a life time eating plan. The last few weeks I was on it, I was having all sorts of trouble including severe muscle fatigue walking up the stairs, bouts of constipation or really bad squirts if you know what I mean and I was always tired. I stopped losing weight and hadn't lost a lb since July, so something wasn't right. I swapped to you are what you eat at beginning of Sept. 1st week I lost 4lb, 2nd week 1lb (I did go away for a wedding and stuffed my face with food and drink) and this week about 2lb. Food is great and I know I'm getting all my vits and mins. Even if you never try the diet, the book is definitely worth a read. Best wishes.
Sarah
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:51 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Well done Sarah, thats fantastic!!!!!!!

Have continued to yo-yo all year unfortunately, I thought I'd have a healthier diet here, but though I eat more fruit and salad, the bread, buns, cakes are tempting and filling the cadburys hole....and I seem to drink a lot more wine too!!
On the upside, its great to be able to swim in my own pool (though its only been warm enough the last month) and the fact that I generally fit into a size 10 here whereas it was a 12 in UK makes me less concerned anyway!

Good luck with the meds, keep us posted!

Michaela x
Hi Michaela,
Get rid of the buns etc and add some sweet potato and squash to your diet. As they are so sweet they take away the sweet cravings. Good luck.
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.