Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by Possums
we connect to manchester, only about 45 mins from manchester to Colins all back country roads only local people know so not too bad.

yep can't wait to see her

had a fab weekend, didnt get a blue tongue but got a snake
oh that's not too bad then. I wondered if you were driving from Heathrow to Manchester - then i would have felt really sorry for you two!

Funny that you didn't get a blue tongue as your totem - hope the snake wasn't a deadly poisonous one!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

OMG you must be gutted
Sam, that is awful how much you lost. I know you'd mentioned before about a loss - but never realised it was quite that much. Scary stuff converting money at the right time....even worse that you have to trust in other 3rd parties who are meant to have your best interests at heart where that's concerned.
Cathy
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:04 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

this is so sad, 53 pilot whales stranded in Stanley, good news is 11 have been sucessfully returned to the ocean

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

this is so sad, 53 pilot whales stranded in Stanley, good news is 11 have been sucessfully returned to the ocean

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html
Yep, very sad to watch on TV, must have been really distressing for those helping with the rescue, I heard that they have tracked the others and they are now back in deep waters, so at least that is something.

Sam
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:02 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Yep, very sad to watch on TV, must have been really distressing for those helping with the rescue, I heard that they have tracked the others and they are now back in deep waters, so at least that is something.

Sam
oh yes must have been distressing yes at least they managed to save some

apparently we had some seals on the beach here the other week but I missed them
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

oh yes must have been distressing yes at least they managed to save some

apparently we had some seals on the beach here the other week but I missed them
I was just reading that article - that must have been awful for the people trying to save them (and for the whales) . Must have been a sight there being that many whales involved. I like pilot whales - we saw them in Tenerife a few years ago on a Whale sighting trip - they were lovely to watch and when we 1st caught a glimpse we thought the little ones were dolphins! There was a TV programme recently where scientists were trying to work out why whales often beached themselves, so many different theories - but i remember one of them was something to do with their sonar.

Do you ever see any whales/dolphins where you're located ? Where do you think the seals had come from? dont they normally like rocky area's - is it rocky where you are?

Sorry about all the questions - but you know what i'm like!
Cathy
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:12 am
(^v^)

Originally Posted by travelbug
I was just reading that article - that must have been awful for the people trying to save them (and for the whales) . Must have been a sight there being that many whales involved. I like pilot whales - we saw them in Tenerife a few years ago on a Whale sighting trip - they were lovely to watch and when we 1st caught a glimpse we thought the little ones were dolphins! There was a TV programme recently where scientists were trying to work out why whales often beached themselves, so many different theories - but i remember one of them was something to do with their sonar.

Do you ever see any whales/dolphins where you're located ? Where do you think the seals had come from? dont they normally like rocky area's - is it rocky where you are?

Sorry about all the questions - but you know what i'm like!
Cathy
Hi its so sad

saw a whale last year it was in the bay for a long time, not stranded just swimming up and down. think it was a southern wright? and yep seen dolphins, would have been a fantastic photo if we'd caught it 2 jumped out of the water at the same time in the middle of the old pier!

no idea about the seals someone told me they had been around, it is rocky in places there is a colony on 10th island?

had a google seems they breed between oct and jan around the bass strait

http://travelmedia.tourismtasmania.c.../fur_seal.html

dont be daft ask away

Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Jeez did any of you guys get the thunder storm today? Our house was shaking and our windows were rattling it was soooo loud!!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

ooh no, not a storm, loads of rain though
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Jeez did any of you guys get the thunder storm today? Our house was shaking and our windows were rattling it was soooo loud!!
Yep, the whole house shook

The children were at school and said that several children dived under their desks as they thought it was an earthquake!

But Angus was working at Huonville and heard nothing at all.

We've certainly had some rain in the last fortnight and to think they are always saying that Hobart is now officially the driest state in Australia, not this month!

Sam
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi Zoe

Good to hear from you, sounds like you've been busy with the house, when do you think you'll put it back on the market?

Prices have dropped a little here but not as much as we needed, we messed up (with some very poor advice from H**x) with our currency exchange and changed when the rate was 2.04, it then rose up to nearly 2.80 and even now its sitting at about 2.40 which would have given us nearly $100k more, still makes me feel sick if I think about it.

So even if it only sits at about the current level, you'll get a good rate of exchange. Hope its not long before you can put it up for sale and get on over here!

Take care, will be a busy time in your house this Christmas

Sam
I echo what the others have said Sam ..you were really unlucky but you assume that these 'experts ' know more than us mere mortals when they clearly do NOT . I would feel absolutely gutted but hopefully you will be able to just put it at the back of your mind (not easy )

We are waiting for things to pick up , at a guess I think it will take a full year from now...we have until 2012 if need be , so its not so much of a 'have' to get out there but more of a 'want' to get there !!!

Like Cathy and Andy its not so much about making loads on our house and thinking we can buy mortgage free in Tas (I wish!!) but I also have a figure we have to get to by selling the house so we can have a similar lifestyle in Tas as here. The last thing I want is to struggle more there than here financially...

I'll be drawing my pension by the time we arrive I expect
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:40 pm
(^v^)

had a thunderstorm yesterday morning not too bad

but just in bed 10 mins last night and jeez should have heard it, like you the windows started rattling, house skaking, at first thought it was an earthquake! scared me to death then turned to a long rumbling.. NO NOT THE OH ... then it went

looks like we are going to have one today too very overcast and heavy feeling.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

My band is playing at the Grand in Huonville tonight if anyone's around the area.

Applied for citizenship yesterday and hopefully we'll be able to attend the ceremony on Sandy Bay beach on Australia Day 2009.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hey guys have you heard about this new movie coming out.........................

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_DbW9PmpCH4

Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:28 am
(^v^)

Hey guys have you heard about this new movie coming out.........................

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_DbW9PmpCH4

LMAO thats brilliant, thought you were talking about that new horror movie Dying Breed about the Pieman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.