Tasmania

Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of
Default Tasmania

anyone in or heading for Tasmania
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tasmania

Originally Posted by coffeebean

yup, Possoms
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:17 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

You watch out for them Jumping Jacks if you're heading there - saw them on the telly, nasty big blighters they are.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:31 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are going to Tas theres another couple going out there too Ian and helena. And a few already gone.

What about you?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:33 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine is going, and he's really inspired my enthusiasm for the place, so I've been musing over it a bit. It seems to have quite a few advantages, though the employment prospects don't look great for me...

S
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
You watch out for them Jumping Jacks if you're heading there - saw them on the telly, nasty big blighters they are.
Jumping Jacks is that what Mick Jagger goes on about!?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 5:53 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

My wife & I are going to Hobart.

We worked there for 3 months in Centrelink back in 2003 & were in Hobart 4 months in total.

We're lucky in that our friends from before are still there & already offering us help for when we arrive.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=tasmania

What takes you to Tassie? Been before?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
A friend of mine is going, and he's really inspired my enthusiasm for the place, so I've been musing over it a bit. It seems to have quite a few advantages, though the employment prospects don't look great for me...

S
what line of work are you in swerv-o?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

what areas close to hobart are good to live - ideally by sea??
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:26 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
what line of work are you in swerv-o?
I'm a fluids engineer by qualification, though right now I'm teaching at secondary school. I've had a lot of problems getting my teaching qualifications recognised in Oz - infact, I'm registered to teach only in NSW private schools, and I'm sure the same problems would present themselves if I tried to register in Tas.

That said, I'd really like to go back into academia/research in the field I did my PhD in, but that's pretty narrow, and I've been waiting for a suitable lectureship/project to come up for some time. May have to shelve this plan and look for something else.

Anyway, Tas doesn't look desperately good for either teaching or fluid mechanics.

S
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

What do people do in Tazzie ? ... Employment wise I mean, it looks a beautiful place to live.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs
What do people do in Tazzie ? ... Employment wise I mean, it looks a beautiful place to live.
same as they do everywhere else? LOL what do you think they do? KEEP IT CLEAN

In our case my OH is a carpenter/joiner, theres plenty of wood in Tassie
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

It's just on the Isle of Man we all keep sheep ...

If you don't have sheep, you don't have nothin' ...

Originally Posted by possoms
same as they do everywhere else? LOL what do you think they do? KEEP IT CLEAN

In our case my OH is a carpenter/joiner, theres plenty of wood in Tassie
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:48 am

what areas close to hobart are good to live - ideally by sea??
Coffeebean, Tas is an island so your never that far from the sea, its about the same size as Ireland if you contact the development people they will send you an info pack. Heres the link:

http://www.development.tas.gov.au/migration/index.html
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs
It's just on the Isle of Man we all keep sheep ...

If you don't have sheep, you don't have nothin' ...
well of course there are sheep, how do you think we will keep warm at night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.