Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking a pillow on an Emirates flight

Taking a pillow on an Emirates flight

Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:38 am
Just Joined

CVarney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking a pillow on an Emirates flight

I took a small pillow on a flight with me this month and had no issue. They did weigh our hand laggage and because it was 9kg they made us out things in a separate bag. Never had this before with emirates.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Marleys Ghost will become famous soon enoughMarleys Ghost will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

And thanks again to everyone who has given me advice

I will buy 'synthetic' filled pillows rather than take my feather ones.

Canadaeh, I've got the complimentary hotel both ways, but thanks for the 'heads up' on that for others who might read the forum/thread.

Bluekipper, thanks for your words of support. I'm hoping that because our cabin baggage will be underweight that the pillows will not make any difference to our cabin baggage. It was the number of cabin baggage items we had that was bothering me.

CVarney, I don't want to end up 'lugging' any more cabin baggage than I need and am trying to keep the weight down. I thought that the pillow would be a 'size problem/number of items problem' rather than a weight one.

Interesting that you just had to put the 'extra 2kgs' in a separate bag. I thought the whole idea of weight of cabin baggage was to keep weight down as well as not knocking people out if your cabin baggage stored in overhead lockers knocked them out when they opened the overhead storage doors, and to slug people with a charge for extra weight.

We live and learn

Thanks again everyone!

MG
Old Apr 9th 2013, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand it for long haul, but I always laugh when I see people on Oz domestic flights with pillows (and I'm a platinum freq. flyer - so that's quite often!)

I always wonder - why?

I have never seen it in Europe and the USA.

My conclusion is that they must be staying in very cheap hotels at the other end that don't provide pillows!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:40 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
I can understand it for long haul, but I always laugh when I see people on Oz domestic flights with pillows
I thought that when Kim mentioned it...it's a total YWYAIAW moment!