Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney and like Indie music?

In Sydney and like Indie music?

Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Default Re: In Sydney and like Indie music?

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Definitely! There are two nights this weekend - Classics at the Clare on Friday, and the Whinging Poms Britpop Night at the Abercrombie on Saturday.

At either, ask the big tall DJ with glasses (you really can't miss him) for either Nathan or Vicky, and he will point you in our direction!

That Bungalow 8 Meet was months ago! I hope you havn't been floating around friendless all that time!

S
Friendless? Nooo...

Sounds good, we'll see you all on Sat night in the Abercrombie and will look out for the 6'7 DJ!

Cheers!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

The next Britpop night is on Saturday 15th Sept at the Clare Hotel on Broadway... expect to hear 100% British indie tunes from the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Stone Roses, Fratellis, Libertines etc...

FREE ENTRY and cheap drinks... starts 9pm!

Who is going to join me there...?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

We are in Sydney from the 26th Sept till 5th Oct is there going to be one while we are in town?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

I arrive in Sydney on Tuesday for possibly the REST OF MY LIFE, so will swing by
Old Sep 9th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gelectrox
I arrive in Sydney on Tuesday for possibly the REST OF MY LIFE, so will swing by
well -jamiefrod... there will not be an official britpop night between the 26th sept and 5th Oct but there will definitely be friday night indie dancing - i will keep you updated on where and when nearer the time...

gelectrox.... welcome to Sydney (soon). be good to meet you on sat, damn good way to spend your first weekend here!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:05 am
Just Joined

johnny_darko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vix77
The next Britpop night is on Saturday 15th Sept at the Clare Hotel on Broadway... expect to hear 100% British indie tunes from the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Stone Roses, Fratellis, Libertines etc...

FREE ENTRY and cheap drinks... starts 9pm!

Who is going to join me there...?
Indeed it is.

The Whingeing Poms have moved house....to The Clare Hotel! Their monthly Britpop shindig will be taking place on Saturday 15th September from 9pm until the bleary-eyed wee small hours. They guarantee 100% British indie and a healthy smattering of stiff upper lip. Gin and Tonic anyone? $9.50 St Arnou jugs will be the drinks promo of choice on the night. Expect to hear: Oasis, The Libertines, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys, Pulp et cetera et ceteraaaaaah!

Last edited by johnny_darko; Sep 9th 2007 at 10:12 am.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:25 am
Just Joined

johnny_darko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnny_darko
Indeed it is.

The Whingeing Poms have moved house....to The Clare Hotel! Their monthly Britpop shindig will be taking place on Saturday 15th September from 9pm until the bleary-eyed wee small hours. They guarantee 100% British indie and a healthy smattering of stiff upper lip. Gin and Tonic anyone? $9.50 St Arnou jugs will be the drinks promo of choice on the night. Expect to hear: Oasis, The Libertines, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys, Pulp et cetera et ceteraaaaaah!

Oops - apologies for above post.....:embaressed_smile:
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnny_darko
Oops - apologies for above post.....:embaressed_smile:
No worries - I see you posted the advert from the Brag magazine, looked like a bit of a bizarre post at first but it all makes sense now!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

You guys are everywhere-on Facebook, all the forums R U the only expats here? Anyway will def come on Saturday for some indie action. Do many bands play here-last band I saw was 80's Matchbox B Line disaster so if they never play here not so bad......R U also part of this Thursday nigtht meet up thing or this that a separate faction
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gelectrox
You guys are everywhere-on Facebook, all the forums R U the only expats here? Anyway will def come on Saturday for some indie action. Do many bands play here-last band I saw was 80's Matchbox B Line disaster so if they never play here not so bad......R U also part of this Thursday nigtht meet up thing or this that a separate faction
Ha - just spreading the word as much as possible, would hate for people to miss out on one of the best nights in Sydney.

there are a lot of good bands that play here, Hard-Fi are here in Oct, Kings of Leon in Jan, the Klaxons are playing but they are sold out.

check out http://www.liveguide.com.au/liveguide_sydney.html - gives you a full list of the bands playing over here... it is my bible.

a few of us on this thread also go along to the thurs night drinks... we will be out in darling harbour tonight if you fancy it? if not, and if you want to meet everyone on sat then look out for a tall (6 foot 5") dark haired guy with glasses (he will be milling round the DJ area) and ask for Vicky and I will do the introductions.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

i know it's not for a while, but when's your next bitpop night....?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonch
i know it's not for a while, but when's your next bitpop night....?
next Britpop night is Sat Oct 13th at the Clare hotel again...

you coming along?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
We are in Sydney from the 26th Sept till 5th Oct is there going to be one while we are in town?
If anyone is interested - there will a few of us heading to the Clare Hotel on Broadway this Friday 28th. It is a mix of music but it should be mainly indie - probably head there for around 9ish.....
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:31 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is interested - there will a few of us heading to the Clare Hotel on Broadway this Friday 28th. It is a mix of music but it should be mainly indie - probably head there for around 9ish.....
Yes, I'm up for that. need to get out of the house after this convalescence and do some serious binge drinking. I'll be dead cheap too, as I have barely touched a drop for two weeks!

S
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

next Britpop night is Sat Oct 13th at the Clare hotel again...

you coming along?
if there's a ready supply of alcohol and british music, i'd be a fool not too.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.