Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 3rd 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 3rd 2011

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 3rd 2011

Pin stripe shorts eh??!! I look forward to that!!

See you later, Im in my civies too, shorts etc......

Pompey!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:21 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Pin stripe shorts eh??!! I look forward to that!!

See you later, Im in my civies too, shorts etc......

Pompey!

Anybody care for a wager that we all end up in The Orient?

S
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:01 am
Just Joined

HollyTree is just really niceHollyTree is just really niceHollyTree is just really niceHollyTree is just really niceHollyTree is just really niceHollyTree is just really niceHollyTree is just really niceHollyTree is just really nice

I'm coming too.

Monica
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:03 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HollyTree
I'm coming too.

Monica

Ok, cool. Looks like a a good turn out tonight.

Remember, on the off chance that they turn us away for wearing shorts/flip-flops/thongs etc, we should re-convene in The Orient, which is just over the harbour...

S
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Anybody care for a wager that we all end up in The Orient?

S
I've just given them a call. They do have a function this evening but it is only in half of the bar, the other part is open to the public and there is no specific dress code! Does that help?!!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:11 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
I've just given them a call. They do have a function this evening but it is only in half of the bar, the other part is open to the public and there is no specific dress code! Does that help?!!

Well, that sounds like it may well be the droids we are looking for.

You didn't happen to ask if they served cider too did you?

S
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
Little do they know an army of poms in flip flops is about to over-run their establishment
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Well, that sounds like it may well be the droids we are looking for.

You didn't happen to ask if they served cider too did you?

S
Errr .... No!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 5:10 am
Just Joined

jjj1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a good evening guys and see you next week.

Cheers

John
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:41 pm
has lost The Game

OK, let's never mention the ECQ bar again.

Apologies to anybody that turned up later on to find we had left - we decided to go with the Plan B option as nobody really wanted to pay $8 for a schmidi of beer!

Still, had a good night out in The Orient in the end.

Let's try and go somewhere a little more down to earth next week.

Any suggestions?

S
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Apologies to anybody that turned up later on to find we had left - we decided to go with the Plan B option as nobody really wanted to pay $8 for a schmidi of beer!

Any suggestions?

S
Ooops ... sorry I had to bail out. I had a situation crop up back in the UK that meant being on the phone for over 4 hours to various people! All sorted now.

Didn't realise it was that expensive in there, I can't say I've ever noticed it being worse than other places but clearly it is!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Any suggestions?

S
I missed it. I was so busy taking exams I forgot to check the meet up this week :-( Should be back next week.... A pub with a snug should do the trick after your disappointment with ECQ bar.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:27 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by markbhx
I missed it. I was so busy taking exams I forgot to check the meet up this week :-( Should be back next week.... A pub with a snug should do the trick after your disappointment with ECQ bar.

Yeah, that sounds nice. Looks like the weather will turn next week, so maybe a pub with a snug will be a great idea!

And Thatchers Scrumpy on tap

S
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, that sounds nice. Looks like the weather will turn next week, so maybe a pub with a snug will be a great idea!

And Thatchers Scrumpy on tap

S
That would be in Dorset ... and you'e not going to be!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

princio is an unknown quantity at this point

Any suggestions?

S

The ECQ bar is dead to me!!!!!

Thursday was a good night in the end though. My hangover on Friday morning certainly confirmed that.

I don't have extensive bar knowledge of the CBD but I'd like to suggest P J O'briens on King street.

Snugs, Cider and pints as standard!?!??!!?

Happy to go where ever though

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.