British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 3rd 2011 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-cbd-thursday-night-drinks-february-3rd-2011-a-703215/)

Swerv-o Feb 1st 2011 4:19 am

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 3rd 2011

Hi Folks,

Who would have thought it - A new thread on a Wednesday!

This week Bats1 has suggested that we try out the ECQ Bar at Circular Quay.

ECQ Bar

This is a great bar for the warm weather, with a fantastic view of the harbour, so you newcomers should bring your cameras!

Now it's a bit more complex to find this place, but essentially you just enter via the hotel entrance on the ground floor, 61 Macquarie Street, East Circular Quay and head up the stairs. The bar is on the first floor.

In the unlikely event that there is a private function on, we will meet across the Harbour at The Orient, and sort out a plan from there.

See you on Thursday,

S

Happiya Feb 1st 2011 4:36 am

Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - January 3rd 2011

Sounds good and i should be able to make it - however you it the 03 February! Cheers, Dylan

Swerv-o Feb 1st 2011 4:39 am

Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 3rd 2011

Originally Posted by Happiya (Post 9143047)
Sounds good and i should be able to make it - however you it the 03 February! Cheers, Dylan

Grrrr. Stupid month change.

S

jjj1234 Feb 1st 2011 5:50 am

Hi all,

My name is John and I am currently living out in the hills district and working in the CBD. I can meet up with you guys next Thursday if that's ok. Let me know the venue and I'll be there.

Cheers

John

Bats1 Feb 1st 2011 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 9143031)
Hi Folks,

Who would have thought it - A new thread on a Wednesday!

This week Bats1 has suggested that we try out the ECQ Bar at Circular Quay.

ECQ Bar

This is a great bar for the warm weather, with a fantastic view of the harbour, so you newcomers should bring your cameras!

Now it's a bit more complex to find this place, but essentially you just enter via the hotel entrance on the ground floor, 61 Macquarie Street, East Circular Quay and head up the stairs. The bar is on the first floor.

In the unlikely event that there is a private function on, we will meet across the Harbour at The Orient, and sort out a plan from there.

See you on Thursday,

S

I shall be there ... well it would be rude not to!!!

JoeBloggs80 Feb 1st 2011 10:26 pm

Cor - looks a bit flash. I am currently rocking my shorts and thongs this week - do you think they will let me in like that?

Swerv-o Feb 1st 2011 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80 (Post 9145325)
Cor - looks a bit flash. I am currently rocking my shorts and thongs this week - do you think they will let me in like that?

Well, I'll be doing shorts and slides too - so if they don't want us, we can take our not insubstantial business across the harbour :)

S

jjj1234 Feb 1st 2011 10:49 pm

Hi guys, do you know where you going to be next week?

Swerv-o Feb 1st 2011 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by jjj1234 (Post 9145382)
Hi guys, do you know where you going to be next week?

Not yet - we normally discuss it the week before and then I will post directions etc on either tuesday or wednesday before...

jjj1234 Feb 1st 2011 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 9145394)
Not yet - we normally discuss it the week before and then I will post directions etc on either tuesday or wednesday before...

Ok mate thanks.......will look out for your post!

gridlock1981 Feb 2nd 2011 1:42 am

I'll be making my first appearance, what time do you generally meet? And how do I know I've found the right group of people - just look out for the sunburn? If that's the case I'll be easy to identify!

Jack

princio Feb 2nd 2011 4:10 am

Hi all.

We'll be there and will definitely have shorts and flip flops on :-)

See you all tomorrow. From about 6.30 onwards?

Andy.

Swerv-o Feb 2nd 2011 4:37 am

Originally Posted by princio (Post 9145854)
Hi all.

We'll be there and will definitely have shorts and flip flops on :-)

See you all tomorrow. From about 6.30 onwards?

Andy.

Yes, about then, though I struggle to make it before 7:00 these days.

S

alayne Feb 3rd 2011 12:29 am

I was planning on coming this week but being a stupid blonde part time, I went out for dinner last night and promplty left my wallet at the restaurant and have to go back to collect it this evening. So it'll be next week for me. Have a great night and look forward to meeting you then :o

Swerv-o Feb 3rd 2011 12:31 am

Originally Posted by gridlock1981 (Post 9145625)
I'll be making my first appearance, what time do you generally meet? And how do I know I've found the right group of people - just look out for the sunburn? If that's the case I'll be easy to identify!

Jack

Hi Jack,

I'll be in a white shirt with pin stripe shorts. I have long hair and wear glasses. I'm also quite loud, and very obviously English :)

I would send you a contact number, but you need to post again before you get Private Message privileges.

S