Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 01/05/08

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 01/05/08

Old May 1st 2008, 2:05 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 01/05/08

Originally Posted by Bats1
You could be a cheap drunk! One sniff of the barmaid's apron and you'll be anybody's
I am anyway...

S
Old May 1st 2008, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I am anyway...

S
I'm shocked!
Old May 1st 2008, 2:21 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

So what time do you start your leap froggin and beer spilling?
Old May 1st 2008, 2:22 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
So what time do you start your leap froggin and beer spilling?

6:30 usually. You thinking of coming along?

S
Old May 1st 2008, 2:28 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

6:30 usually. You thinking of coming along?

S
Yep, thinking about it.

How many usually turn up?

Last edited by ex_exile; May 1st 2008 at 2:35 am.
Old May 1st 2008, 3:29 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Yep, thinking about it.

How many usually turn up?

Usually between 10-15 of us. We will meet for a couple of beers, then have a meal somewhere, then a few more beers and then off home. It's fomulaic, but it seems to work...

This week it's the Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks. http://www.harbourview.com.au/

If you feel like coming along, then either just rock up, or PM me for a contact number.

S
Old May 1st 2008, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Usually between 10-15 of us. We will meet for a couple of beers, then have a meal somewhere, then a few more beers and then off home. It's fomulaic, but it seems to work...

This week it's the Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks. http://www.harbourview.com.au/

If you feel like coming along, then either just rock up, or PM me for a contact number.

S
Do you go to a different meet to us each week?

Is it not more a case of 6-12 of us meeting for a night of drinks. pool and bar food in the pub we happen to be in? I have never moved on for a meal, unless you wait until I don't turn up then all go out for a fancy meal??

am i being pedantic?
Old May 1st 2008, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

we go first, that's why you're always billy no mates for the first 10 minutes, we actually meet at 5pm and have caviar and oysters at Cafe Sydney every single week, then stagger our entrances so you don't suspect! On which note, assuming my extremely long roots don't take too long to colour, I promise to be there at 6.30 dead on so you are not alone.
Old May 1st 2008, 3:53 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by vix77
Do you go to a different meet to us each week?

Is it not more a case of 6-12 of us meeting for a night of drinks. pool and bar food in the pub we happen to be in? I have never moved on for a meal, unless you wait until I don't turn up then all go out for a fancy meal??

am i being pedantic?

Yes: I meant move on as in move on to having a meal, not move on as in change location geographically! Though thinking about it, I could have phrased it better

And as for numbers, I think we can usually relay on 10 people now...

S
Old May 1st 2008, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by briwi
we go first, that's why you're always billy no mates for the first 10 minutes, we actually meet at 5pm and have caviar and oysters at Cafe Sydney every single week, then stagger our entrances so you don't suspect! On which note, assuming my extremely long roots don't take too long to colour, I promise to be there at 6.30 dead on so you are not alone.
I knew it!

I will be there from about 6.15pm tonight, got to keep up my billy no mates status
Old May 1st 2008, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vix77
I knew it!

I will be there from about 6.15pm tonight, got to keep up my billy no mates status
We might be there a bit earlier, but I'm not going to promise ... won't be later than 6.30 though.
Old May 1st 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

S
Are these drugs the doctor gave you hallucinogenic then? I know I was rubbish at maths at school but I usually manage to count pretty well ... as long as I don't run out of fingers and toes ... I'll bring a cold flannel for you to put on your head shall I?!
Old May 1st 2008, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

James just broke his seven hour slience and made his first comments about the game:

"Yes, the black dog is clearly on my back....I'd have loved to have played Man U in the final, it would have been the match of the century. Now we'll have to put up with a snooze fest between two teams made up entirely of chunts. There really is no justice. None. Ever. I hate football. Man U are bound to win. I hate them. I can't bare it. I hate Chelsea too. Why can't we win ever year?"

I can confirm he's in a dark dark mood.
See you for the meal
Old May 1st 2008, 7:23 am

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - Don't think I will be able to make it today since need to be up in St Leonards till later. Will be around next week though. Swervo hope your doodar gets better soon and see you all soon.
Old May 6th 2008, 10:49 am
has lost The Game

Hi all,

Here's the link to this week's thread!

S