Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Originally Posted by Sal1705
Any tips on how you are doing that? Got a mother to lose too!
I bought her a voucher for an opera house tour for Christmas, so could suggest that Tuesday would be a good day for that. Otherwise, might have to send her off for a bonding day with her son while I do some cleaning, which will take til about 10am giving me enough time to get to Collaroy by 11! (although saying that, if I suggest the latter she'll probably send me out for the day so that she can do the cleaning!).
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

We are coming along too. My first FTC for ages so looking forward to catching up with you all!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have both my In-laws here, only arrived yesterday and am already finding it hard, off on 'holiday' with them tomorrow, which will be even harder! So no FTC for me this week, BUT if you are running an In-laws meet next week, count me in!!!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Mine'll be gone by next week!!! But I'll happily have another meet anyway. Am planning on driving to Adelaide Thurs 15th, so any day before that'll be good.
Where are you off to on holiday Ron? Have a good time.x
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Port Macquarie, it is only from today until Friday. Then Ian goes back to work and I have In-Laws for another week. Even without the In Laws it would be good to meet up with people because I have not seen anyone in ages.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

I`ve only just heard of this meet as I was reading Hoolas Facebook so no time to get organised.Our last UK visitors are still here and leave Wed 7th(another airport run........) and we have evening activities planned.I would feel a bit mean leaving them alone while they pack!So I may not turn up tomoorrow but would love another meet next week.
Happy New Year to all the FTC gang. Thanks for organising Bindy.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:32 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

A quick bump for anyone who wants to join us on the coast today. Bring on those cooling sea breezes!

We are meeting on the beach at Collaroy in front of the play area from 11.00am. From around midday we will have moved into the shade closer to the park for a picnic.

See you all there. . . .

B x
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

elliebell is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry saw it too late and have too many kids here already!!! am away next week so cant do that if anything is decided ....next time???
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Hi- I went, but couldn't see anyone I recognised, and as the beach was closed daughter and i went round to Long Reef. Sorry to have missed you!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:12 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Hi- I went, but couldn't see anyone I recognised, and as the beach was closed daughter and i went round to Long Reef. Sorry to have missed you!
Now I wished I'd got there earlier, wish I'd known you were going so we could catch up, didn't arrive 'till about 2pm & missed a few...sorry...

call me to arrange a meet
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hoola
Now I wished I'd got there earlier, wish I'd known you were going so we could catch up, didn't arrive 'till about 2pm & missed a few...sorry...

call me to arrange a meet
No worries- we went round the corner to Long Reef as DD wanted to swim, but went home at 1:30 as we had got a bit hot. Should have worn my sparkly scarf- always gets me noticed! Will call when I have a min- busy with DD's birthday preparations and changing medicare licences etc now we are PR. Oh yes, and trying to find a house to buy!