British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-2009-first-ftc-meet-year-581130/)

binbird Dec 31st 2008 9:31 pm

Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Happy New Year everyone!

Tuesday 6th January is the first Tuesday of the year so who is free to kick off another year of FTC meets?

For anyone newly arrived, FTC = First Tuesday Club. We are a crowd of mums with children ranging from toddlers to teens who get together for a coffee / gossip which usually extends over lunch. We come from a wide area covering from as far as the Northern Beaches out to the Hills District.

During the school hols we try to find somewhere where the kids will be easily entertained (beaches / parks etc) and then during term time we meet at cafes with play areas so that the pre-schoolers have something to occupy them.

We have all made some good friends so come along and meet us.

I think it's going to be hot so a beach may be a good choice - Collaroy, Little Manly - any preferences?

Look forward to seeing you all wherever we decide. . . .

carolinephillips Dec 31st 2008 9:32 pm

Re: Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Happy New Year- I'll try to come, but may have a job interview!!!:eek:

Ron the Pom Dec 31st 2008 10:18 pm

We shall be away this Tuesday, but will be back for the following Tuesday if there is going to be another meet then.

Happy New Year!

Rosscarbery Jan 1st 2009 9:09 pm

We're around. I have to drop one of the kids at Mona Vale at 11 so Collaroy would be good.

CJes Jan 2nd 2009 3:35 am

Happy New Year to All, will try and come along though we're without a car that day, might check out the local buses ... will report back! Claire

HayleyW Jan 2nd 2009 4:04 am

Hi

Do you have to have children to come???
My husband and I have been living down the south coast for the last year and recently moved to Castle Hill so I would love to meet up with some new people.

Thanks Hayley

Rosscarbery Jan 2nd 2009 4:46 am

Originally Posted by HayleyW (Post 7118714)
Hi

My husband and I have been living down the south coast for the last year and recently moved to Castle Hill so I would love to meet up with some new people.

Thanks Hayley

It's all welcome - with or without kids. There will be lots of children this time as it's school holidays but "normal" FTC meets can have quite a few or none depending on who is around.

binbird Jan 2nd 2009 4:51 am

Originally Posted by HayleyW (Post 7118714)
Hi

Thanks Hayley

No - you don't have to have children to come along. My kids are all in school so whilst they will be running amok this month I will be child free at the February meet.

Took me so long from start to finish of this post that I see that you have beaten me to it!

Hoola Jan 2nd 2009 5:18 am

I am back to work & as OH had his contract cut & he's out of work & am being "pressed" into taking on more hours to "put some bread on the table"...
I am resisting ATM so am hopeful I can make it
Can I let you know nearer the time?

HayleyW Jan 2nd 2009 6:55 am

Ok, sounds good, I'll keep an eye on the forum.
I have a private message but need to do 3 posts before I can open it according to the administrator, not to sure what this means, good start eh!!!

yanH Jan 2nd 2009 7:57 am

I might be able to escape from MIL for a couple of hours, so hopefully see you there (which is where? are we decided on Collaroy?).x

ShazC Jan 3rd 2009 11:10 am

Hello all and a Happy New Year to you. I will be child free on Thurs and Tues so I should be able to come along as it suits me to come alone!
Doesn't matter where we go ....I will keep my eye on this post!
Shaz x

Sal1705 Jan 4th 2009 12:11 am

Originally Posted by yanH (Post 7118947)
I might be able to escape from MIL for a couple of hours, so hopefully see you there (which is where? are we decided on Collaroy?).x

Any tips on how you are doing that? Got a mother to lose too!

binbird Jan 4th 2009 1:06 am

Let's settle on Collaroy from 11am. Shall we meet on the beach directly in front of the playground and let the kids have a splash for about an hour and then move into the park (and some shade) to picnic? If there are a few Mums / MILs why not bring them and then they can natter amongst themselves?! :lol:

cee1jay Jan 4th 2009 7:49 am

Planning to come too so see you there