British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-2009-first-ftc-meet-year-581130/)

yanH Jan 4th 2009 8:40 am

Re: Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Originally Posted by Sal1705 (Post 7123795)
Any tips on how you are doing that? Got a mother to lose too!

I bought her a voucher for an opera house tour for Christmas, so could suggest that Tuesday would be a good day for that. Otherwise, might have to send her off for a bonding day with her son while I do some cleaning, which will take til about 10am giving me enough time to get to Collaroy by 11! (although saying that, if I suggest the latter she'll probably send me out for the day so that she can do the cleaning!).

Katherined0 Jan 4th 2009 8:50 am

We are coming along too. My first FTC for ages so looking forward to catching up with you all!

Ron the Pom Jan 4th 2009 9:10 am

I have both my In-laws here, only arrived yesterday and am already finding it hard, off on 'holiday' with them tomorrow, which will be even harder! So no FTC for me this week, BUT if you are running an In-laws meet next week, count me in!!!

yanH Jan 4th 2009 9:34 am

Mine'll be gone by next week!!! But I'll happily have another meet anyway. Am planning on driving to Adelaide Thurs 15th, so any day before that'll be good.
Where are you off to on holiday Ron? Have a good time.x

Ron the Pom Jan 4th 2009 7:26 pm

Port Macquarie, it is only from today until Friday. Then Ian goes back to work and I have In-Laws for another week. Even without the In Laws it would be good to meet up with people because I have not seen anyone in ages.

Wilgar Jan 5th 2009 3:50 am

I`ve only just heard of this meet as I was reading Hoolas Facebook so no time to get organised.Our last UK visitors are still here and leave Wed 7th(another airport run........) and we have evening activities planned.I would feel a bit mean leaving them alone while they pack!So I may not turn up tomoorrow but would love another meet next week.
Happy New Year to all the FTC gang. Thanks for organising Bindy.

binbird Jan 5th 2009 8:32 pm

A quick bump for anyone who wants to join us on the coast today. Bring on those cooling sea breezes!

We are meeting on the beach at Collaroy in front of the play area from 11.00am. From around midday we will have moved into the shade closer to the park for a picnic.

See you all there. . . .

B x

elliebell Jan 5th 2009 10:24 pm

sorry saw it too late and have too many kids here already!!! am away next week so cant do that if anything is decided ....next time???

carolinephillips Jan 6th 2009 3:06 am

Hi- I went, but couldn't see anyone I recognised, and as the beach was closed daughter and i went round to Long Reef. :blink:Sorry to have missed you!

Hoola Jan 6th 2009 10:12 am

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 7131143)
Hi- I went, but couldn't see anyone I recognised, and as the beach was closed daughter and i went round to Long Reef. :blink:Sorry to have missed you!

Now I wished I'd got there earlier,:sneaky: wish I'd known you were going so we could catch up, didn't arrive 'till about 2pm & missed a few...sorry...

call me to arrange a meet :thumbup:

carolinephillips Jan 6th 2009 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Hoola (Post 7132113)
Now I wished I'd got there earlier,:sneaky: wish I'd known you were going so we could catch up, didn't arrive 'till about 2pm & missed a few...sorry...

call me to arrange a meet :thumbup:

No worries- we went round the corner to Long Reef as DD wanted to swim, but went home at 1:30 as we had got a bit hot. Should have worn my sparkly scarf- always gets me noticed! Will call when I have a min- busy with DD's birthday preparations and changing medicare licences etc now we are PR. Oh yes, and trying to find a house to buy!