Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:31 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Happy New Year everyone!

Tuesday 6th January is the first Tuesday of the year so who is free to kick off another year of FTC meets?

For anyone newly arrived, FTC = First Tuesday Club. We are a crowd of mums with children ranging from toddlers to teens who get together for a coffee / gossip which usually extends over lunch. We come from a wide area covering from as far as the Northern Beaches out to the Hills District.

During the school hols we try to find somewhere where the kids will be easily entertained (beaches / parks etc) and then during term time we meet at cafes with play areas so that the pre-schoolers have something to occupy them.

We have all made some good friends so come along and meet us.

I think it's going to be hot so a beach may be a good choice - Collaroy, Little Manly - any preferences?

Look forward to seeing you all wherever we decide. . . .
Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney 2009 - First FTC meet of the year

Happy New Year- I'll try to come, but may have a job interview!!!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

We shall be away this Tuesday, but will be back for the following Tuesday if there is going to be another meet then.

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

We're around. I have to drop one of the kids at Mona Vale at 11 so Collaroy would be good.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:35 am
Just Joined

CJes is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy New Year to All, will try and come along though we're without a car that day, might check out the local buses ... will report back! Claire
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:04 am
Just Joined

HayleyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Do you have to have children to come???
My husband and I have been living down the south coast for the last year and recently moved to Castle Hill so I would love to meet up with some new people.

Thanks Hayley
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HayleyW
Hi

My husband and I have been living down the south coast for the last year and recently moved to Castle Hill so I would love to meet up with some new people.

Thanks Hayley
It's all welcome - with or without kids. There will be lots of children this time as it's school holidays but "normal" FTC meets can have quite a few or none depending on who is around.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:51 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HayleyW
Hi

Thanks Hayley
No - you don't have to have children to come along. My kids are all in school so whilst they will be running amok this month I will be child free at the February meet.

Took me so long from start to finish of this post that I see that you have beaten me to it!

Last edited by binbird; Jan 2nd 2009 at 4:54 am. Reason: Rosscarbery beat me to a response!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:18 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

I am back to work & as OH had his contract cut & he's out of work & am being "pressed" into taking on more hours to "put some bread on the table"...
I am resisting ATM so am hopeful I can make it
Can I let you know nearer the time?
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:55 am
Just Joined

HayleyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, sounds good, I'll keep an eye on the forum.
I have a private message but need to do 3 posts before I can open it according to the administrator, not to sure what this means, good start eh!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I might be able to escape from MIL for a couple of hours, so hopefully see you there (which is where? are we decided on Collaroy?).x
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

ShazC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all and a Happy New Year to you. I will be child free on Thurs and Tues so I should be able to come along as it suits me to come alone!
Doesn't matter where we go ....I will keep my eye on this post!
Shaz x
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yanH
I might be able to escape from MIL for a couple of hours, so hopefully see you there (which is where? are we decided on Collaroy?).x
Any tips on how you are doing that? Got a mother to lose too!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 1:06 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Let's settle on Collaroy from 11am. Shall we meet on the beach directly in front of the playground and let the kids have a splash for about an hour and then move into the park (and some shade) to picnic? If there are a few Mums / MILs why not bring them and then they can natter amongst themselves?!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

cee1jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Planning to come too so see you there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.