Supermarkets!!!!

Wikiposts

Supermarkets!!!!

Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

tony440 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Supermarkets!!!!

Originally Posted by bondipom
You asked her how it was different to the UK so I would hardly call the reply a whinge. If anything what you are saying is a bit whiny. If you think poms whinge why are in a forum full of us? To have a whinge?

bondipom, all the differences being mentioned are negative ones, maybe thats how they are being seen as whinging
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:32 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tony440
bondipom, all the differences being mentioned are negative ones, maybe thats how they are being seen as whinging
Maybe however Hevs comments were accurate and maybe Australian supermarkets should take note. I think some are losing a sense of proportion. Supermarket shopping is hardly highest item on our wider lifes needs. Not sure why people are shouting "why are you here whinger" over a minor topic.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe however Hevs comments were accurate and maybe Australian supermarkets should take note. I think some are losing a sense of proportion. Supermarket shopping is hardly highest item on our wider lifes needs. Not sure why people are shouting "why are you here whinger" over a minor topic.

well this minor topic is now 9 pages long, how many before it is seen as a medium or major topic
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

robyn01 will become famous soon enough

Bondipom who said "why are you here whinger" I said People call poms whinging poms and i also said if its so bad why do you want to live here? All of this is so negative it makes us ask what really attracts people to live here And Im in this forum cause I'm about to marry a pom. A minor topic its had a lot of replies and alot of interest so i dont think people think its minor
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

ABCdiamond. This is the nearest to a Maltloaf recipe I can find.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...ves_6392.shtml
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:48 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

well this minor topic is now 9 pages long, how many before it is seen as a medium or major topic
Indeed these threads can get a life of their own. Supermarkets are part of day to day drudgery and I don't think many are letting differences ruin their lives. Can't stand shopping myself.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:49 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

hevs, can you not get your trolly down the isle then? trollies i have seen in oz are of exactly the same quality as ones in uk.
Yes i can get my trolly down the aisle but if someone is coming the other way there is sometimes a problem with kids etc.

As for the same quality are you having a laugh??. They are smaller, have very few child/ new baby seats and are rusted to buggery.
as for conveyor belts, in oz they pack your bags for you (where i have been they do anyway) so therefore, as they put it through the till, you put it on, as you dont need to be at the end packing it
True, but if they were longer people would have more room to get all there stuff on then move through and pass the unloading bit and therefore clear the queues that hang out into the supermarket causing further inconvienice with the narrow isles
yes there are sweets on the conveyor belt ends, this is bad because???
You so obviously don't have kids
they look grimy do they?? due to grey shelving and dull lighting?? too bad get over it!
LOL I am over it. We were asked (rather sarcasticlly) why we thought Aus supermarkets felt different, i replied. I live here and havn't gone home crying have i?? Did i start a thread saying supermarkets in Aus are shite?? No, in actual fact i stated that you can get everything (apart from monterey jack cheese) here.
and the floors usually have grey plastic tiles that look grimy do they?? well i personally dont go round looking at the floor, so i guess i have never noticed that one.
yes IMO they do. You obviously have a problem with it though and arn't as observent as me
why dont you just enjoy where you are instead of finding fault with it
FYI i love where i am see "things you get used to"

And in future before laying into someone why don't you try getting your facts straight first then you might not look so misinformed (and i'm being polite)
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hevs
Yes i can get my trolly down the aisle but if someone is coming the other way there is sometimes a problem with kids etc.

As for the same quality are you having a laugh??. They are smaller, have very few child/ new baby seats and are rusted to buggery.

True, but if they were longer people would have more room to get all there stuff on then move through and pass the unloading bit and therefore clear the queues that hang out into the supermarket causing further inconvienice with the narrow isles

You so obviously don't have kids

LOL I am over it. We were asked (rather sarcasticlly) why we thought Aus supermarkets felt different, i replied. I live here and havn't gone home crying have i?? Did i start a thread saying supermarkets in Aus are shite?? No, in actual fact i stated that you can get everything (apart from monterey jack cheese) here.

yes IMO they do. You obviously have a problem with it though and arn't as observent as me

FYI i love where i am see "things you get used to"

And in future before laying into someone why don't you try getting your facts straight first then you might not look so misinformed (and i'm being polite)
i dont have a problem with it at all, i go to the supermarket, do my shopping, and go home.
as for being misinformed, im just going by my own experiance, i havent been informed at all.
why do you think i have a problem with the floors? your the one making comment not me
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:56 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by robyn01
Bondipom who said "why are you here whinger" I said People call poms whinging poms and i also said if its so bad why do you want to live here? All of this is so negative it makes us ask what really attracts people to live here And Im in this forum cause I'm about to marry a pom. A minor topic its had a lot of replies and alot of interest so i dont think people think its minor
Hi Robyn

The thing is....everyone has a different opinion and opinions are based on persoanl experiences. Just as your opinions are relative to you, then so are hevs and others relative to them, surely

I personally find Aussie supermarkets superb. But then I don't notice the faults cos they don't bother me. In the grand scheme of things shopping is a means to and end for me.

Aus has more than enough choice in my view. But then it is my view. Someone else may not think so. No big deal. We agree to disagree.

I don't take it personally, unless someone is sarcastic or trying to belittle...and that's not happening in these posts ....so it's just personal view points

Anyways, off to go shoppin. C ya

Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

ok i have an idea, how many people would be interested in a service where you give me your shopping list and i go to the supermarket and get said list, then deliver to your home? (for a fee of course) sounds like a good plan methinks
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

i dont have a problem with it at all, i go to the supermarket, do my shopping, and go home.
as for being misinformed, im just going by my own experiance, i havent been informed at all.
why do you think i have a problem with the floors? your the one making comment not me
You have misunderstood me, sorry for not typing clearer.

I ment it seems you have a problem with MY observations

As for the misinformed comment, you said "why don't you just enjoy it insted of finding fault with it" You have obviously never read any of my posts...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298472

for example.

So i was politely asking that before you had a go at me for "not liking it" and accuse me of whinging i suggested you got your facts straight because you are misinformed about me and i find that irritating.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

robyn01 will become famous soon enough

ok i have an idea, how many people would be interested in a service where you give me your shopping list and i go to the supermarket and get said list, then deliver to your home? (for a fee of course) sounds like a good plan methinks

Lol Tony that sounds good but then what would everyone have to talk about on here??????
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

So you are not British?? or an expat then??

I am bloody sick of defending my self on here. I was asked a question to which i replied. It does not make me a whinger and certainly has no significance about me living here anymore that if my sodding barbe que broke down.

FFS lets get this into perspective people. Its my opinion one of several thousand !! You don't have to agree with me. All i am doing is stating the facts about where i live, this does not make me a whinger, just a realist. I love living here but i am not a defender of Utopia, i'm too grounded for that
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:14 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Aisles are to narrow hmmm every supermarket i go to you can get 3 trolleys across, How much room do use need...
We have 2 sizes in trolleys and yes some are no good but most are good i myself have found that to be a problem in the uk to
oh how long do you want the conveyor belts, where i shop its the same as the uk but here we get our items packed for us not like in the uk so that has to make us pretty damn trendy up against the poms.
I remember buying chewing gum at the checkouts in the uk so nah dont throw that one at me
To be honest i was always saying to people when they use to call uk people whinging poms but hey reading this forum on the supermarket issue i know what there on about now I dont want to sound mean but this is crazy also it makes me ask the question WHY DO USE WANT TO LIVE HERE IF IT IS SO BACKWARDS??? America would suit use so much better there up with the times not like backwards Australia.
it was myself that started this thread and I was simply asking a question to get a better idea of the place I am moving to. This forum is to get help and ask questions. I have never said Australia is backwards or called the conveyor belts etc. My reason for asking this question is because me and my hubby may only have 1 car which he will need for work, therefor if I have to shop at various supermarkets for all of my shopping it would be more difficult. I am not a whinging pom (as you like to call us) I am just trying to find out as much as I can so I dont know what your problem is.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:14 pm
ABCDiamond

Maybe however Hevs comments were accurate and maybe Australian supermarkets should take note.
Bondi, I think the Australian Supermarkets may have aleady done so, all the new ones I have seen all seem totally OK to me, and compare well to the UK ones. As Phoenixuk2oz says, we all have different opinions, based on our own locations also.
On Supermarkets I would tend to disagree with Hevs' description, but only based on my own experiences in probably 6 or 7 supermarkets.
However, I would also agree with her based on my experiences with another 1 or 2 of them in different locations.

The bottom line is it may be different in different areas. No one can say that ALL Australian supermarkets are of one quality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.