Supermarkets!!!!

Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:32 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supermarkets!!!!

Originally Posted by hevs
I catch mine in tanks, does that count
Thats because you live in the modern East suburbs

Out here in the wild West, we still have to squeeze frogs to get water..
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:17 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Now that IS sad
Yeah I know. Even sadder is that Im now using that as an excuse to try to convince Dagboy that I need a camera phone .
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:54 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Now that IS sad
That's a worry, now I am agreeing with you.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Merlot
Tis if you live in Australia
My Aussie sister-in-law can hardly believe that I don't like TimTams it's so unaustralian
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:23 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic
My Aussie sister-in-law can hardly believe that I don't like TimTams it's so unaustralian
Dunno about unaustralian - but its unchocoholic .
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Dunno about unaustralian - but its unchocoholic .
I don't just eat any old chocolate, y'know!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:42 pm
Merlot

Can I be random and say I miss Australia supermarkets and food shopping.

Over here there is far too much temptation with pre-packed foods (which I can't stand), too much chocolate to choose from and everything seems to be wrapped in pastry. The fruit and veg seems to have been held for weeks in suspended animation and hard to get really fresh stuff. I usually go tot he local farm shops now and pay a little extra.

My house is too small to have the large fridge I had in Oz and because of this I miss having a large bowl of salad ready to go.

Is this the "Otherside of the coin enough!"

Merlot

Old Apr 30th 2005, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Can I be random and say I miss Australia supermarkets and food shopping.

Over here there is far too much temptation with pre-packed foods (which I can't stand), too much chocolate to choose from and everything seems to be wrapped in pastry. The fruit and veg seems to have been held for weeks in suspended animation and hard to get really fresh stuff. I usually go tot he local farm shops now and pay a little extra.

My house is too small to have the large fridge I had in Oz and because of this I miss having a large bowl of salad ready to go.

Is this the "Otherside of the coin enough!"

Merlot

Funny that you should mention the Salad thing Merlot, I remember when we where over in England last, A holiday back circa 88, That the whole lot of us, My Wife, and my two oldest kids (who where only 5 and 3 at the time) where having real Salad withdrawals, (even me, obviously I had acquired the need, for Salad in the 8 years that I'd lived here) I mean take away Salad, from Sandwich shops, Takeaway food places etc etc, Damn hard to find a Decent takeaway Salad in England back then. I hope that has changed now though.

We did eventually find A place that did A decent Salad Sandwich, Cannot remember where though, but boy did we spend up big !!!

Blimey another thread beckons, Does aussie change ones eating habits. (cos it must have mine)

You can start it, I'm too pissed at present lol !
Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yeah I know. Even sadder is that Im now using that as an excuse to try to convince Dagboy that I need a camera phone .
Tragic

PMSL
Old Apr 30th 2005, 11:42 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Thats because you live in the modern East suburbs

Out here in the wild West, we still have to squeeze frogs to get water..
Not to mention having to milk snakes, so we have something to put on our cornflakes.

Yeeeeeh-hahhhhhh!

Anya.
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:04 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Funny that you should mention the Salad thing Merlot, I remember when we where over in England last, A holiday back circa 88, That the whole lot of us, My Wife, and my two oldest kids (who where only 5 and 3 at the time) where having real Salad withdrawals, (even me, obviously I had acquired the need, for Salad in the 8 years that I'd lived here) I mean take away Salad, from Sandwich shops, Takeaway food places etc etc, Damn hard to find a Decent takeaway Salad in England back then. I hope that has changed now though.

We did eventually find A place that did A decent Salad Sandwich, Cannot remember where though, but boy did we spend up big !!!

Blimey another thread beckons, Does aussie change ones eating habits. (cos it must have mine)

You can start it, I'm too pissed at present lol !
Hope you have sobbered up

Yep take out food is limited here in UK, hence I have just invested in new freezer to cook me own stuff and have it to hand when real food is needed!

M