Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Front loaded my medicals today!

Front loaded my medicals today!

Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

BSherlock will become famous soon enoughBSherlock will become famous soon enough
Default Front loaded my medicals today!

Just got back from having my medicals done. Just wanted to post a note to say what an easy experience it was.

Used the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead, they were very friendly and efficient.
I had my X-ray booked at 13.00 and my medical booked for 13.45. As it happened the people supposed to turn up before me didn’t, so I went straight from one to the other. I was out by 13.45!

Cost me £151.50 for both.

The clinic is forwarding my details straight to the AHC in London.

Really was a painless experience, don’t know what I was worrying about?

Now just got to get all my relationship evidence together. Nag the people who are supposed to be sending me Statutory Declarations! Then I will be ready to Rock!!!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

lucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Front loaded my medicals today!

Hi

I went there too. Was so easy wasnt it and very friendly and efficient. Just got a big bruise on my arm from where they took my blood - but that was it.

The nurse had just got back from oz and so was very chatty about her holiday and the consultant had been to Sydney and was telling me all the places to go.

I got it all signed off 6 days later. They are holding on to them for me whilst I wait for my stat decs!!!!!! They not keen to hold them for more than 2 weeks though, so may have to let them post them before i send off my application.

Good luck
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

BSherlock will become famous soon enoughBSherlock will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Front loaded my medicals today!

I got it all signed off 6 days later. They are holding on to them for me whilst I wait for my stat decs!!!!!! They not keen to hold them for more than 2 weeks though, so may have to let them post them before i send off my application.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

From what I understand it shouldn't cause any problems with the medicals arriving first. Mine have gone and my application won't be following for at least 3 weeks!

Good luck! Where are you heading? We're off to Brisbane
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:00 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Ditto! We had ours done there a couple of weeks ago! Fantastic people! The best thing about emigrating so far!

Jayne
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

lucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Front loaded my medicals today!

Hi

Yes agree - I know it will be ok for meds to arrive first but just didnt want it to be weeks and weeks. My stat dec mates keep saying yes will be done this week but just havent received them after nagging for 2 months!! They have promised will get them to me by Friday - fingers crossed!

I am off to Sydney, my boyfriend is australian and has been offered a job there. I want to hand in my notice at work but want to be sure I get my visa granted first. My problem is that I have to give 3 months notice and we want to be out there for end August/September, so getting a bit stressed as not looking like its going to happen.
But he can always go out on his own and I will join him later.

All I do is dream and think visa visa visa!

No I'm kidding its not that bad - everything else is ready to go, I will just patiently wait for the stat decs and then post it off on Monday.

When you off to Brisbane and where abouts? - we want to live there eventually but he has got to work in Sydney for a year first.

Bye
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:04 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Cool Badge