Reload this Page >

Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:45 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
That guy had no idea what he was doing. Secondly, the dog attacked him and he did everything wrong. We are talking about when a dog has another dog in it's mouth.

Have you ever owned a dog?
Yes, I own one now. I took great care to pick a breed that is exceptionally unlikely to bite anybody. A Vizsla. That way I don't have to have the "well he's never done anything like that before" excuse always at the ready.

You are suggesting to people that the way to break up a dog fight or handle an attack is to stick your hand more or less in the dogs mouth. That's idiotic.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:47 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

So if you are not very strong, what do you do when this breed is attacking your dog?

I went on an American Pitbull site in the USA and they said grab the hind legs of the dog that is attacking yours and push forwards, once grip is released swing it round to face the other way while someone gets your dog.

I would shoot the bastard, stab it if I could - I am sorry but I dont see the good in this breed or any breed that is strong enough that it can do this much damage.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
- I am sorry but I dont see the good in this breed or any breed that is strong enough that it can do this much damage.
They have no place in an urban environment and should be eradicated.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Yes, I own one now. I took great care to pick a breed that is exceptionally unlikely to bite anybody. A Vizsla. That way I don't have to have the "well he's never done anything like that before" excuse always at the ready.

You are suggesting to people that the way to break up a dog fight or handle an attack is to stick your hand more or less in the dogs mouth. That's idiotic.
No I said that is how you get their mouth open if they won't let go. Usually your own dog.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

So if you are not very strong, what do you do when this breed is attacking your dog?

I went on an American Pitbull site in the USA and they said grab the hind legs of the dog that is attacking yours and push forwards, once grip is released swing it round to face the other way while someone gets your dog.

I would shoot the bastard, stab it if I could - I am sorry but I dont see the good in this breed or any breed that is strong enough that it can do this much damage.
They have no power or strength if you grab their back legs and lift them off the ground.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

They have no place in an urban environment and should be eradicated.
I have never seen so many aggressive dogs since I have moved here, I dont give a shit if they are supposedly good with children, if they attack dogs unprovoked then keep the bastard on the leash and muzzle it.

I read on one site that one owner with his staffies, opened a can of shaken lemonade right in their faces which split them from a fight but thats not very realistic.

There are also strong lemon sprays to spray in their eyes but with certain breeds how does that work?

We have the right as dog owners to walk our dogs without fear that someones dog wont attack but what the hell do we do when it happens? I am not very strong at all but I would not hesitate to stab someones dog if that is what I had to do to save mine.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:01 am
Account Closed

They have no power or strength if you grab their back legs and lift them off the ground.
What do you do if you are a kid, elderly, infirmed, not built like a shot putter?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

What do you do if you are a kid, elderly, infirmed, not built like a shot putter?
Climb a tree.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:06 am
Account Closed

I have never seen so many aggressive dogs since I have moved here, I dont give a shit if they are supposedly good with children...
There does seem to be an unusually large number of Mastiff type dogs here... that and the Cavodoodle type dogs or whatever they call them.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:06 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

You use a "Ball pein Hammer" about 500 grammes should do it , you strike the dog with the Round end just above the eye ridge , a sharp quick blow should end it , it is quick ..........but if the dog owner is there be prepared to do the same to the owner...............MM
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mr mover
You use a "Ball pein Hammer" about 500 grammes should do it , you strike the dog with the Round end just above the eye ridge , a sharp quick blow should end it , it is quick ..........but if the dog owner is there be prepared to do the same to the owner...............MM
Dogs have been shot it the head and lived to tell the tale. Not a particularly large brain.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

kooga is on a distinguished road

Never heard of lifting the dog completely off of the floor,lifting the hind legs and moving in a circular motion, yes. Only problem i have with my Staff when i am walking is her being attacked by Westies. I have spoken to the owners several times and asked if they could put their dog on a lead to prevent this. Had it been my dog doing this they would have probably phoned the cops.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kooga
lifting the hind legs and moving in a circular motion, yes.
Lifting the hind legs, yes, not the entire dog.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

kooga is on a distinguished road

Lifting the hind legs, yes, not the entire dog.
Yea. thats what i would do if it ever came to it, On them damn westies
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:36 pm

Dogs have been shot it the head and lived to tell the tale. Not a particularly large brain.
Police shot at one dog several times before it died,

http://my.ojornal.com/sports-news/do...mal-nine-times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.