Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Definitely

Both sound ideas
Personally I agree with this also, but I also understand that some people enjoy shooting guns for sport and others enjoy having larger vehicles, 4x4's etc.

Same with dogs really, some prefer larger, some prefer smaller, as long as your responsible with both then I don't see a problem.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:18 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
And what about the victims families of motor vehicle acidents or murders?

No, it puts it into perspective that the chances of a fatal dog attack is so miniscule it's not funny.

What is infantile is your irrational fear of something that the chances are will never happen.

The fact is, people get run over by cars, people are attacked by sharks, crocodiles and other animals. People are murdered. Death is a part of life. Shit happens!
"Death is a part of life. Shit happens" Again, tell that to the people involved in those stories.

Asprilla has done the work for me in this thread.

Your attempts to equate dangerous dogs with forces of nature, sharks, crocs, airline travel, butter knives, cars and anything else you could possible think of has just made you look silly.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Same with dogs really, some prefer larger, some prefer smaller, as long as your responsible with both then I don't see a problem.
Once again the point goes whooshing over your head.

You can be as responsible as you like, it might not prevent your pitbull attacking someone, and that when it does the results are likely to be worse than your average mutt. That's why American Pitbulls were banned in the first place.... but heigh ho, I'm sure you have another view.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
"Death is a part of life. Shit happens" Again, tell that to the people involved in those stories.
It's unfortunate and sometimes unfortunate things happen. If it wasn't Pitbulls it'd be something else. That's life, deal with it.

Your attempts to equate .../... butter knives
I didn't bring butter knives into the thread.

and anything else you could possible think of has just made you look silly.
And you look like you have a completely irrrational fear of something that will never even affect you.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Once again the point goes whooshing over your head.

You can be as responsible as you like, it might not prevent your pitbull attacking someone, and that when it does the results are likely to be worse than your average mutt. That's why American Pitbulls were banned in the first place.... but heigh ho, I'm sure you have another view.
American Pitbulls were banned because of idiots with irrational fears like you.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:49 am
Account Closed

It's unfortunate and sometimes unfortunate things happen. If it wasn't Pitbulls it'd be something else. That's life, deal with it.

And you look like you have a completely irrrational fear of something that will never even affect you.
American Pitbulls were banned because of idiots with irrational fears like you.
You've lost it mate.

Just by repeating over and over that my 'fear' as you put it, is irrational won't help your case. I don't actually have an irrational fear of being attacked by a pitbull, I'm just rationalizing that they are an unnecessary risk in the urban environment, particularly to children it would seem, and should be banned. You seem quite happy to have kids ripped to bits by something which could be eradicated with no loss to society. There are other dogs. Nobody NEEDS a pitbull.

I might add, that should you ever find yourself in the position of walking down a street in the UK and find yourself faced by some knuckle dragging moron proudly displaying his banned pitbull, any fears you might have at that point would be VERY rational.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

You've lost it mate.

Just by repeating over and over that my 'fear' as you put it, is irrational won't help your case. I don't actually have an irrational fear of being attacked by a pitbull, I'm just rationalizing that they are an unnecessary risk in the urban environment, particularly to children it would seem, and should be banned. You seem quite happy to have kids ripped to bits by something which could be eradicated with no loss to society. There are other dogs. Nobody NEEDS a pitbull.

I might add, that should you ever find yourself in the position of walking down a street in the UK and find yourself faced by some knuckle dragging moron proudly displaying his banned pitbull, any fears you might have at that point would be VERY rational.
I've lost it? Get real, you're the one who's lost it with your uneducated opinion on this issue.

How many pitbulls have you seen in an urban environment?

How many pitbulls have you ever met?

What real steps have you taken to really understand the breed?

You have never owned one, you don't know anything about the breed and you don't even know what one looks like, yet you believe they should be eradicated from the face of the Earth based on anecdote, hype and sensational reporting.

With your lack of knowledge about the breed you're not even in a position to have a valid opinion.

If you don't like pitbulls then that's your prerogative; don't own one. Simple!

It's people like you that are going to end up getting Staffies banned.

"(about Pitbulls) it's not the breed, it's the human behind the dog. Aggression is a state of mind, not a breed thing." - Cesar Milan - The Dog Whisperer
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:20 am
Account Closed

I've lost it? Get real, you're the one who's lost it with your uneducated opinion on this issue.

How many pitbulls have you seen in an urban environment?

How many pitbulls have you ever met?

What real steps have you taken to really understand the breed?

You have never owned one, you don't know anything about the breed and you don't even know what one looks like, yet you believe they should be eradicated from the face of the Earth based on anecdote, hype and sensational reporting.

With your lack of knowledge about the breed you're not even in a position to have a valid opinion.

If you don't like pitbulls then that's your prerogative; don't own one. Simple!

It's people like you that are going to end up getting Staffies banned.

"(about Pitbulls) it's not the breed, it's the human behind the dog. Aggression is a state of mind, not a breed thing." - Cesar Milan - The Dog Whisperer
http://www.wlbt.com/global/story.asp?s=11977371
http://www.momlogic.com/2009/04/baby...led_by_pit.php
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...-99037214.html
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=11989209
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6939442.ece
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=59271

Those guess these six kids all died because of "anecdote, hype and sensational reporting" then.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Those guess these six kids all died because of "anecdote, hype and sensational reporting" then.
1) http://www.wlbt.com/global/story.asp?s=11977371

Dogs were kept in the woods. Says a lot about the owner. No direct evidence that the dogs were actually pitbulls; it's anecdotal and hearsay.

2) http://www.momlogic.com/2009/04/baby...led_by_pit.php

Bullshit blog article with no evidence whatsoever. For all we know it could be fiction.

3) http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...-99037214.html

Again no evidence that they were actually pitbulls.

4) http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=11989209

Again no evidence that the dog is a pitbull and the article contradicts itself leaving one to wonder about the accuracy of reporting.

5) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6939442.ece

"pitbull terrier-type", "illegal type of dog" What the F does that mean? Is it a Staffy? A Mastiff? Who knows and neither does the article. The owner was a criminal, illegally breeding dogs and "pitbull" is alleged by the reporter.

6) http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=59271

Another bullshit article. Could be fiction for all we know. Where's the EVIDENCE!

Do you believe everything you read on the internet and in the papers? I thought you were a bit smarter than that.

It's also important to bear in mind that there is a very active propaganda campaign against pitbulls so any article could be rubbish to further their cause.

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Aug 31st 2010 at 8:53 am.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Bullshit blog article with no evidence whatsoever. For all we know it could be fiction.
Same type of "Bullshit Blog Article" you quoted below about Viszla's. Can't be one rule for you and one Iam...

And if you read further on in that article you quoted you'd see that the owner blamed the Viszlas behaviour on their handling of the dog.

"Today we took our 14mth vizsla oscar to training, with a problem of pulling on the lead, the session was really sucessful and i felt we were doing well, oscars obedience was excellent, and i was rea;;y proud of him. On our return i cooked a sunday roast, oscar had his dinner, i took out the chicken , took off the fat and placed it back in the oven. Oscar came up close, i went to pat him, whereby he snarled, and bit me which drew blood. I ordered him on his bed, and hit him on the nose. After the shock i puti him outside and ostracised him for half an hour, then i told him to go to his bed, ostracised from us both. I feel shocked and upset, as i have never owned a dog which has bitten me, i got him to enjoy, not battle with, does anyone have some advice on the way forward, as i now feel maybe he is not for us!"

A dog that bites the hand that feeds it...

http://gunfieldvizslas.myfineforum.org/ftopic333-0.php
after 24 hrs of upset/shock and a lot of thinking,i have come to the conclusion that whilst this is unacceptable behaviour, i think the fault lies with me, oscar doesnot see me as pack leader, despite all the usual input ie eating first, (generally he thinks we do) not on furniture/bed etc i think he is a dominent dog, and it lies in my tone of voice. So today, my tone is stronger, i have took him to the beach to rebuild the bond, and took away toys, food , restricted his movement but also praised him. Oscar is a fantastic dog, and it is my responsibility to lead him, and bring out his full potential
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Same type of "Bullshit Blog Article" you quoted below about Viszla's. Can't be one rule for you and one Iam...
Actually I quoted a Viszla owners forum, not a blog or newspaper article.

And if you read further on in that article you quoted you'd see that the owner blamed the Viszlas behaviour on their handling of the dog.
Of course, the owner was inexperienced handling dogs. It all comes back to the owner.

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Aug 31st 2010 at 8:58 am.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I quoted an Viszla owners forum, not a blog or newspaper article.
But the fact remains it's one persons word - same as a blog, there's no evidence, there's no fact, could be a crazy person making stuff up, could be you for all anyone knows!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LouiseR
But the fact remains it's one persons word - same as a blog, there's no evidence, there's no fact, could be a crazy person making stuff up, could be you for all anyone knows!
Actually there's a bit of a difference. On the owners forum they are talking about their personal experience whereas the articles are reporting about others' experiences. One is admissible in court, the other is hearsay.

Then again they could both be works of fiction.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:09 am
Account Closed

1) http://www.wlbt.com/global/story.asp?s=11977371

Dogs were kept in the woods. Says a lot about the owner. No direct evidence that the dogs were actually pitbulls; it's anecdotal and hearsay.

3) http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...-99037214.html

Again no evidence that they were actually pitbulls.

4) http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=11989209

Again no evidence that the dog is a pitbull and the article contradicts itself leaving one to wonder about the accuracy of reporting.

5) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6939442.ece

"pitbull terrier-type", "illegal type of dog" What the F does that mean? Is it a Staffy? A Mastiff? Who knows and neither does the article. The owner was a criminal, illegally breeding dogs and "pitbull" is alleged by the reporter.

6) http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=59271

Another bullshit article. Could be fiction for all we know. Where's the EVIDENCE!

Do you believe everything you read on the internet and in the papers? I thought you were a bit smarter than that.
Your only acceptable piece of evidence seems to be to have the dog DNA tested. I'm guessing that if it only came out as 95% pitbull then that in your view would be enough to excuse it. That's idiotic.

The fact that people are dying as a result of attacks by pitbulls (or anything else you choose to call them) seems to be an irrelevance to you. Just so long as you can keep your dog.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Your only acceptable piece of evidence seems to be to have the dog DNA tested. I'm guessing that if it only came out as 95% pitbull then that in your view would be enough to excuse it. That's idiotic.
Photos, admisssions are other forms of evidence. People are being accused of owning pitbuls when after DNA testing there is no pitbull genes in them.

The fact that people are dying as a result of attacks by pitbulls (or anything else you choose to call them) seems to be an irrelevance to you. Just so long as you can keep your dog.
That is not a fact. There is no evidence to support it.

My dog is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, not a Pitbull. In fact there is no actual breed of dog recognised by the Kennel Councils called a Pitbull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.