Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Staffordshire Bull Terriers in Australia

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Actually, given that you have the whole WWW to go at... find me an attack by a Vizsla.
"Today we took our 14mth vizsla oscar to training, with a problem of pulling on the lead, the session was really sucessful and i felt we were doing well, oscars obedience was excellent, and i was rea;;y proud of him. On our return i cooked a sunday roast, oscar had his dinner, i took out the chicken , took off the fat and placed it back in the oven. Oscar came up close, i went to pat him, whereby he snarled, and bit me which drew blood. I ordered him on his bed, and hit him on the nose. After the shock i puti him outside and ostracised him for half an hour, then i told him to go to his bed, ostracised from us both. I feel shocked and upset, as i have never owned a dog which has bitten me, i got him to enjoy, not battle with, does anyone have some advice on the way forward, as i now feel maybe he is not for us!"

A dog that bites the hand that feeds it...

http://gunfieldvizslas.myfineforum.org/ftopic333-0.php
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Both wild animals... not 'family companions'
And yet there are still more attacks. That just goes to show just how over-hyped the pitbull situation is.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:51 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
"Today we took our 14mth vizsla oscar to training, with a problem of pulling on the lead, the session was really sucessful and i felt we were doing well, oscars obedience was excellent, and i was rea;;y proud of him. On our return i cooked a sunday roast, oscar had his dinner, i took out the chicken , took off the fat and placed it back in the oven. Oscar came up close, i went to pat him, whereby he snarled, and bit me which drew blood. I ordered him on his bed, and hit him on the nose. After the shock i puti him outside and ostracised him for half an hour, then i told him to go to his bed, ostracised from us both. I feel shocked and upset, as i have never owned a dog which has bitten me, i got him to enjoy, not battle with, does anyone have some advice on the way forward, as i now feel maybe he is not for us!"

A dog that bites the hand that feeds it...

http://gunfieldvizslas.myfineforum.org/ftopic333-0.php
Well done mate. I'm impressed. One

Now go to Google and put in "killed by pitbull". Keep it in quotes otherwise the list is endless. In quotes there are only 18,600 hits

Then try "killed by vizsla". 109 hits and all seem to relate to Star Wars.

God those Vizsla are awfully dangerous.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:55 am
Account Closed

And yet there are still more attacks. That just goes to show just how over-hyped the pitbull situation is.
What a bizarre spin.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Now go to Google and put in "killed by pitbull". Keep it in quotes otherwise the list is endless. In quotes there are only 18,600 hits

Actually I came across a lot more than that. That was just the first one.

The common theme with Vizsla aggression is that they tend to attack their owners, which is something Pitbulls don't do.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

What a bizarre spin.
What's bizarre about there being more probability of being attacked by a shark or crocodile than there is being attacked by a pitbull?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I took this quote from the 'Pitbull lovers website' - http://www.pitbulllovers.com/respons...ll-owners.html

"Never leave pit bulls alone with other dogs (or any animal). Even if you're dog gets along great 99.9% of the time with other animals the Pit Bull is known for animal aggression and it is possible something will happen. A good piece of advice I received a long time ago was, Never trust your Pit Bull not to fight"

To me that sums it up - 'never trust your pit bull not to fight' and 'the pit bull is known for animal aggression'

In another section they compare the pitbull to the greyhound as in the greyhound is good with humans but not cats and the pitbull is good with humans but not other animals.

Except when breeds of this type have gone for humans they have not only previously been good with humans but once they attack, they are incredibly difficult to get off.

And that is the worry.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:27 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Deancm_MKII;8812503]
Actually I came across a lot more than that. That was just the first one.

The common theme with Vizsla aggression is that they tend to attack their owners, which is something Pitbulls don't do.
Jesus, I can understand now why the 'Godzoners' got utterly pissed off with you. Your ability to ignore facts is staggering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ported_in_2009

Review that list again. Check on just how many of them say Pitbull and killed by families dog.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Aug 30th 2010 at 12:03 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus, I can understand now why the Godzoners got utterly pissed off with you. Your ability to ignore facts is staggering.

Review that list again. Check on just how many of them say Pitbull and killed by families dog.
Honestly mate I wouldn't bother.

Last edited by northernbird; Aug 30th 2010 at 1:21 pm. Reason: fixed quote
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:59 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=northernbird;8813145]
Honestly mate I wouldn't bother.
Good advice. Walking away... and this time I mean it. !
Old Aug 30th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Good advice. Walking away... and this time I mean it. !
Til the next slow luch break

Last edited by LouiseR; Aug 30th 2010 at 12:02 pm. Reason: fixed quote
Old Aug 30th 2010, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jesus, I can understand now why the Godzoners got utterly pissed off with you. Your ability to ignore facts is staggering.

OK, from that wikipedia page it states:

1) The information is gathered from news reports (and we know how sensationalist and accurate news reports are )

2) breed identification requires a subjective evaluation based on observation of outward physical attributes against imprecise breed standards

Or in other words, there is no actual evidence as to the accuracy or to the actual breed involved.

In any case, in a country such as the US with a population of c310,000,000 and an average 'pitbull type' fatality of about 16 per year, there is more chance of getting struck by lightning and in the US 80 ppl are fatally struck by lightning every year.

The chance of a pitbull fatality is next to non-existent. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Next you will be telling us you are scared of your own shadow.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

kooga is on a distinguished road

1) The information is gathered from news reports (and we know how sensationalist and accurate news reports are )

2) breed identification requires a subjective evaluation based on observation of outward physical attributes against imprecise breed standards

Or in other words, there is no actual evidence as to the accuracy or to the actual breed involved.

In any case, in a country such as the US with a population of c310,000,000 and an average 'pitbull type' fatality of about 16 per year, there is more chance of getting struck by lightning and in the US 80 ppl are fatally struck by lightning every year.

The chance of a pitbull fatality is next to non-existent. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

And Approx 16-17 thousand murders in the US each year. Humans are far more deadly than any dog.
Anyway, back to the Staffs, an experts view

RSPCA chief vet Mark Evans said:
"Staffies have had a terrible press, but this is not of their own making -
in fact they're wonderful dogs.
If people think that Staffies have problems,
they're looking at the wrong end of the dog lead!"

"When well cared for and properly trained they can make brilliant companions.
Our experience suggests that problems occur when bad owners exploit the Staffie's
desire to please by training them to show aggression
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kooga
And Approx 16-17 thousand murders in the US each year. Humans are far more deadly than any dog.
Anyway, back to the Staffs, an experts view

RSPCA chief vet Mark Evans said:
"Staffies have had a terrible press, but this is not of their own making -
in fact they're wonderful dogs.
If people think that Staffies have problems,
they're looking at the wrong end of the dog lead!"

"When well cared for and properly trained they can make brilliant companions.
Our experience suggests that problems occur when bad owners exploit the Staffie's
desire to please by training them to show aggression
Agree and could apply to all dog breeds
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Tell that to these people
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/6222319.stm
and these
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in699664.shtml

and finally these.

I'm loath to make a point out of people's grief, but take a close look at the faces of the people here. Try bullshitting these people with sort of crap you have been coming out with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...slaughter.html

Finally, comparing dangerous dogs to lightning is infantile.... at best.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Aug 30th 2010 at 8:41 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.