Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse arguments!!

Spouse arguments!!

Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana
I should think having her mother coming to "sort it out" should make for fireworks!! Have you thought of taping it and flogging it as a soap opera Dotty?!!
Its quite sad really, especially for the kids, one of the boys has become a real surf head and its pretty obvious that he wants to stay, the little girl still cries to go back to the UK, I mean now wherever they end up one kid at least is going to be very unhappy and unsettled.

Its all made worse tho by the language of this couple, my husband answered the phone one night to be greeted by, do you know what the f****** stupid selfish, F****** B****** has gone and done now. We had dinner with them too, ended up leaving as the dining table was upended plates and all. God only know what the neighbours must think. Imagine that in summer with all the windows open!

I do get a chuckle tho when people say to those who are not happy "why dont you just pack up and go back", I can tell you a hundred reasons why that sometimes is just not possible.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds quite sad really doesn't it,specially with the kids involved. And with half the family happy in one country and half in the other theres no easy answer is there.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:37 pm
owieb

Default Re: Spouse arguments!!

Originally posted by tinaj
Does anyone else find that the stress of the whole moving process is setting off major arguments with your partner over trivial things?

At this rate it will be a miracle if we actually stay married!
We have never had an argument in 3.5 years of being together and didn't get worked up about emigrating either. Not sure why, guess we must be just so happy together!

Though we are getting married in December, so maybe that will all change!

Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Pollyana
Sounds quite sad really doesn't it,specially with the kids involved. And with half the family happy in one country and half in the other theres no easy answer is there.
My biggest relief is that all of my family are totally for the move back to UK. I am a lucky lucky person, and I really do appreciate that.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

We've never really had a serious argument in our 11 years of marriage.

We did have a few problems when we arrived in Perth but no screaming or throwing things at each other! I found the move here really stressful, I was exhausted emotionally from saying all the goodbyes and then we had to find a home, cars, sort the banking, medicare etc. etc. with 2 small children in tow, I could hardly think straight!

If I was that unhappy my husband would not insist on me staying, when I've been really homesick, he's always said, if you want to go back we will.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by owieb
We have never had an argument in 3.5 years of being together and didn't get worked up about emigrating either. Not sure why, guess we must be just so happy together!

Though we are getting married in December, so maybe that will all change!
Marriage is a snip, patter of tiny feet is the one to watch
Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:50 pm
owieb

Originally posted by dotty
Thanks Dotty, I'll sleep on my front from now on!

Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
They scare the shit out of me. I will never be ready so I will have to let it hit me and go for it.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bondipom
They scare the shit out of me. I will never be ready so I will have to let it hit me and go for it.
On reflection, pacing the floor with a screamer for two years was quite easy compared to TEENAGE years. If you could rent a teen for a fortnight before you had a family the human race would die out completely

Only joking
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Arguments are no longer a problem for us, after 3 years I finally worked out everything is my fault
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Of course it is - well done.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:35 pm

Originally posted by karawara88
Arguments are no longer a problem for us, after 3 years I finally worked out everything is my fault
I still have to work that one out especially once a month.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I still have to work that one out especially once a month.
If only I could get Donna industrial strength Evening Primrose Oil.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:44 pm

Originally posted by karawara88
If only I could get Donna industrial strength Evening Primrose Oil.
Mum got the wife a mini cuddly wombat (very grumpy animal) which I get out whenever irrational comments start. Works a treat.

The Aussie way is to go down the pub shouting She'll be alright on the way out.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

Hahahahahahahahahaha...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.