Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Speeding ticket South Australia

Wikiposts

Speeding ticket South Australia

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding ticket South Australia

Originally Posted by slipshot
No - you are bloody kidding me? Is this true?

I drove to work this morning. And I have to admit I drove over 0 kmh. In order to move. Thus I did actually create speed, which I assume must of killed me.

How I managed to get to work and be alive astounds me, since I did not know that speed kills.

The worst thing is I have to drive home soon - which means I have to go above 0kmh, which means I will be at a speed and thus will be killed.

Will I live to tell to tell the tale?
Probably not!You're probably better off walking!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Seriously? Ah bugger. Will start walking now.

Why did nobody tell me this before...?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:53 pm
ABCDiamond

But at what speed ?

Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
But at what speed ?
As slow as possible.That way you can avoid any hazards,like bumping into people!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I drove to work this morning. And I have to admit I drove over 0 kmh. In order to move. Thus I did actually create speed, which I assume must of killed me.

How I managed to get to work and be alive astounds me, since I did not know that speed kills.

The worst thing is I have to drive home soon - which means I have to go above 0kmh, which means I will be at a speed and thus will be killed.

I think he was talking about:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/amphetamine

http://www.narconon.ca/speed.htm

"Speed kills, that's why I don't take speed!"

Last edited by Alfresco; Feb 24th 2010 at 2:35 am.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:56 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if he was making a joke about the drug called speed.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I wonder if he was making a joke about the drug called speed.
Ah - were it that funny...

I just think the whole speed kills nonsense is exactly that, and when I read the comment about speed kills it irked me - can you tell?

Such shite. 60kmh limit. 59 = OK + safe. 60 = OK + safe. 61 kmh = DEATH AND DESTRUCTION YOU SCUM
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:04 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I just think the whole speed kills nonsense is exactly that, and when I read the comment about speed kills it irked me - can you tell?

Does anyone actually say speed kills?

I've heard people say speeding kills which has some basis although it's actually speeding and the unexpected that often kills. The only problem is that people don't know when the unexpected is going to happen.

Speed limits are a lowest common denominator compromise.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Such shite. 60kmh limit. 59 = OK + safe. 60 = OK + safe. 61 kmh = DEATH AND DESTRUCTION YOU SCUM
Can I ask if you are one of those people that get annoyed driving behind someone that does the speed limit?

I am not talking about someone driving 10km under, I am talking about someone doing exactly the speed limit and you get the tailgating scum behind them trying to intimidate them into speeding?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Well - you wouldn't want to be driving at 60km/h in this truck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D827IxEJVS4
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Can I ask if you are one of those people that get annoyed driving behind someone that does the speed limit?

I am not talking about someone driving 10km under, I am talking about someone doing exactly the speed limit and you get the tailgating scum behind them trying to intimidate them into speeding?
More than likely is PP.I had someone else tailgating me on the way to work yesterday in a 30 zone.I just keep to the limit.More full of them if they get a speeding ticket.I have better things to spend my hard earned money on.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:08 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

More than likely is PP.I had someone else tailgating me on the way to work yesterday in a 30 zone.I just keep to the limit.More full of them if they get a speeding ticket.I have better things to spend my hard earned money on.
Exactly .

I think ALL tailgaters are irresponsible wankers, they know better than the experts that study crash tests and stopping distances, they can control their speed and if the unexpected happened and they hit someone or something, of course it wouldnt be their fault would it -

As you say, better things to spend our money on.