Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is South Australia the worst state.

Wikiposts

Is South Australia the worst state.

Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is South Australia the worst state.

Originally Posted by Wendy
and shut....
And apparently you get bored of the beaches.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:29 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
and shut....
is that a mis-type or your best kiwi accent
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
is that a mis-type or your best kiwi accent

I don't do Kiwi, I'm scottish you know (or Irish some days, depends who I'm talking to)
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Except for loads of bogans-have to say it would match Adelaide on that front-and yes I have been there !

Originally Posted by Bobcat
There's nowt wrong with Perth.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=xzibit;5195677]What is the average age on this forum? Because it seems to me to be about 11-12.

Every state/city is different, and just because you didn't find Adelaide your favourite city, doesn't mean you have to bash it. And as for the people that have never been there.....

I don't live there,

I did and this thread is so funny, brings back memories

Di
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozlord
SA's economy is the worst its the only state to be in recession ,while the rest of the country is booming, it has the oldest population in OZ, a boring" city of churches image', few international tourists visit it. Most of the state is ugly desert only good for British nuclear bomb testing, why do people want to immigrate there.
Blimey, I know that the Ozzies can be very biased towards their favourite state/city but that is a damning report for Adelaide if I heard one. I sat near two very nice ladies from Melbourne when we flew from Heathrow, in their opinion no where else in Oz was even worth visiting apart from Melbourne of course, their comments included Perth had a big chip on its shoulder and was too near Asia, Adelaide was boring, Tasmania was beautiful but full of weird people, gays, and old farts, Sydney was full of crap, and Brisbane and Cairns full of naff Brits and in bred Ozzies. They were very amusing to listen to and passed some of the long time on the plane but as with the above comment - each to their own and its a good job we don't all like the same places.
By the way, we spent 6 days in the Adelaide area and really liked it, Kangaroo Island was stunning, the food and wines was great, we went to a Sea and Vines Festival, we went into the city centre on 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sammy

PS I am most definitely not a Bogan
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

We went to cairns recently and quite a few Aussies asked us where we are from, 'Adelaide' we say, 'lovely place ' they say ' its a big country town, and the people who live there are friendly'.
each to their own
jacqui
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

SA and most notably Adelaide, probably has the best bang for buck housing in Aus, plus the 2nd best restaurant city after Melbourne. It also has the best drive/gateway into any city that I know of, with the fantastic views from the Adelaide hills that surround it.

Best Wineries, and from a migatory point of view, probably the most surprising, in the broadrange of experience that it offers.

Blimey never ever thought I'd be putting a good word in for Adelaide lol.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
SA and most notably Adelaide, probably has the best bang for buck housing in Aus, plus the 2nd best restaurant city after Melbourne. It also has the best drive/gateway into any city that I know of, with the fantastic views from the Adelaide hills that surround it.

Best Wineries, and from a migatory point of view, probably the most surprising, in the broadrange of experience that it offers.

Blimey never ever thought I'd be putting a good word in for Adelaide lol.

In other words, secretly people quite like the place. So do I.

It's whether you could live there long term. I see it as Melbourne's older forgotten unmarried sister.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:28 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Blimey, I know that the Ozzies can be very biased towards their favourite state/city but that is a damning report for Adelaide if I heard one. I sat near two very nice ladies from Melbourne when we flew from Heathrow, in their opinion no where else in Oz was even worth visiting apart from Melbourne of course, their comments included Perth had a big chip on its shoulder and was too near Asia, Adelaide was boring, Tasmania was beautiful but full of weird people, gays, and old farts, Sydney was full of crap, and Brisbane and Cairns full of naff Brits and in bred Ozzies. They were very amusing to listen to and passed some of the long time on the plane but as with the above comment - each to their own and its a good job we don't all like the same places.
By the way, we spent 6 days in the Adelaide area and really liked it, Kangaroo Island was stunning, the food and wines was great, we went to a Sea and Vines Festival, we went into the city centre on 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sammy

PS I am most definitely not a Bogan
l liked Kangaroo Island, it is just about the only place in the state that has nice scenery, but the place is underdeveloped , its dangerous to drive because most of the roads are unsealed and theres few shops, its a bit like the third world.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:02 am
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

OK - yes it is.

Now can we stop people flooding this lovely place and get on with enjoying it

Actually it was only a few years ago that Adelaide was considered a "secret".

A lot of people asked us how we found out about it???

Been here 7 years and loving it - apart from the cold winter this year.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:03 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

Originally Posted by tyke
OK - yes it is.

Now can we stop people flooding this lovely place and get on with enjoying it

Actually it was only a few years ago that Adelaide was considered a "secret".

A lot of people asked us how we found out about it???

Been here 7 years and loving it - apart from the cold winter this year.
Don't worry theres not much chance of people flodding in they are all flooding out.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:20 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Is South Australia the worst state.

Originally Posted by ozlord
When l was in Adelaide the big shopping center in the city had all these nets around the balconies to stop the large numbers of people that kept jumping to their death
What a load of bollocks.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
What a load of bollocks.
Have you been to the Myer center in Rundel Mall? Go there and ask them what the nets are there for.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Well we're going, so hopefully not too bad

We live in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, and too be honest we're hoping it's a bit quieter. We're too old to go out drinking every night (at least if we want to hold down a job!), and want a family in the next few years.

I would rather have kids in a large country town, where yes, some might be a bit blinkered, rather than somewhere where I would worry about my kids too much to let them have their freedom. It'll be our responsibility to ensure that our (future) children don't become boganized! I hated the small town where I lived when I grew up, and one we had to live in for a few years for work, but now I live in the big city - I can see the positives too.

Also it's the only state that'll let us live in a city on a 495 visa, but don't tell the OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.